Challenges

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Challenges

Postby Sighclone » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:03 am

This is the latest "Present Moment Reminder" from ET:

“The best indicator of your level of consciousness is how you deal with life's challenges when they come. Through those challenges, an already unconscious person tends to become more deeply unconscious, and a conscious person more intensely conscious. You can use a challenge to awaken you, or you can allow it to pull you into even deeper sleep.”
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Re: Challenges

Postby Onceler » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:16 am

After a long, sweet ride, I'm hitting the road to perdition (I sensed it was coming). My mother is dying, my daughters are troubled, my in-laws are in a fast decline. We are trying to buy a house, my wife is jobless, (and other assorted first world problems). I have been thinking about this quote lately and it's timely that you posted it, Sighclone.

We shall see how all this shakes out.....I'm stressed, but not suffering....yet.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby rachMiel » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:28 am

Keep the faith, Onceler. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Onceler » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:48 am

Thanks Rachmiel, it's painful, but there is a strange floatiness to it I'm not used to. Also, a sense that things are as they should be and I just wait for the next thing to do......
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby runstrails » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:52 am

Great quote, Andy. I have often felt that life challenges are so critical and serve an important purpose in this journey. They really do bring up all kinds of emotional issues, but ultimately, there is always a heightening of consciousness. It's happened so often to me now that it's just par for the course.
So hang in there, Onceler and keep us posted.
runstrails

Postby KathleenBrugger » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:16 am

Onceler I'll be thinking of you...you're a special part of this forum. My husband and I were talking tonight about Loving What Is, to quote Byron Katie, no matter what "is" is. Even the things we dislike in our life, what would it look like if we loved those things just as they are?
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby Onceler » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Thanks Kathleen and Runstrails. I am not to the point of loving what is, but some days I can accept it, and most days I'm curious about what will happen next.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby KathleenBrugger » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Onceler wrote:Thanks Kathleen and Runstrails. I am not to the point of loving what is, but some days I can accept it, and most days I'm curious about what will happen next.

You may notice I was saying "what if" we loved what is! :) Acceptance is a good start.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/
KathleenBrugger

Postby Sighclone » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:16 pm

Onceler - My heart is with you. You will survive, of course, since it is completely impossible for you to do anything else. You have some good friends here, over the past few years. We all care.

I remember a weird passage in "Enlightenment The Damndest Thing" by Jed McKenna. The main guy, a guru-type was up in an airplane for sky-diving and it went out of control for a minute or two. He was excited. Excited....like he was going to die and he was excited!!!! The pilot regained control and all was well...with the possible exception of brown panties....

Maybe you will have to change your location to "my New House" ....

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Fore » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Eckhart, good to see your reading the forum, the wife and I say hello, and thanks always for the gentle reminders.

Kind regards,
Fore :)
Fore

Postby Onceler » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks for the reminder, Sighclone. No question I'll muddle thru and I know I can't be harmed by it.

I do feel the love. :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby the key master » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Onceler wrote:After a long, sweet ride, I'm hitting the road to perdition (I sensed it was coming). My mother is dying, my daughters are troubled, my in-laws are in a fast decline. We are trying to buy a house, my wife is jobless, (and other assorted first world problems). I have been thinking about this quote lately and it's timely that you posted it, Sighclone.

We shall see how all this shakes out.....I'm stressed, but not suffering....yet.

Love ya bud.
the key master

Postby Onceler » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Right back at you, Key....

Didn't really mean to put this thread into a Onceler side track......I think it's a good topic and would like to hear what others have to say.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Sighclone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:54 pm

In my opinion, regarding threads that morph, I say 'let them drift.' Conversations drift all over the place. Any member can shift it back all the way to the original post or not, or start a new thread...it is all good...

Andy
Sighclone

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 am

I remember a weird passage in "Enlightenment The Damndest Thing" by Jed McKenna. The main guy, a guru-type was up in an airplane for sky-diving and it went out of control for a minute or two. He was excited. Excited....like he was going to die and he was excited!!!! The pilot regained control and all was well...with the possible exception of brown panties....

There was a skydiving plane crash here over the weekend. One of the participants who was killed had posted on his FB page that he was about to face his greatest fear - he meant skydiving.

So I woke up this morning nervous as hell about the sky diving today," he wrote.
"I'm about to conquer my greatest fear. I love everyone lol."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... z2wr5pCLp5

I love everyone ...

Onceler said: I am not to the point of loving what is, but some days I can accept it, and most days I'm curious about what will happen next.

I recall a saying ---- 'Change is the 'violence' that throws us headlong into our future'.
Curiosity - a positive approach.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Next

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion