My Awakening

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

My Awakening

Postby deepocean » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:15 am

I'm feeling a huge shift these recent days and even more as I'm writing this, the feeling is so enormously powerful.
All this time I've tried to see the world through the eyes of the awakened person with my mind "I should accept all people, should not get angry, always feel bliss, I should say this and not that etc." When in truth all my mind made perception of how I should and should not view the world is illusion.. I thought I should observe things in a special way, being the "spiritual" or "happy" person, when awakening is infact seeing reality not through the mind/ego/subjective reality. It just is. With that comes total acceptance and isn't acceptance made in mind.

All this time I've tried to see reality the same way an awakened person does, seeing it from the perspective from how Tolle views the world, but when in fact the lens of the "awakend person" was the one interferring with me seeing reality. Reality just is. Why did I ever even say with my mind "I should accept this and that"?
Everything just is and I feel such a strong feeling of bliss haha, why did I try to simulate awakening through my mind? Everything I knew was obscuring me from reality.

I feel something so strong, so incredibly strong.. it feels like this body is about to explode haha, I wonder if this feeling will last. I wish you all the best.
"Who Am I?"
Experience the answer.
deepocean

Re: My Awakening

Postby Ralph » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:36 am

Beautiful !
This is what Mooji meant when he said " Don't let the mind see through your eyes ".
Ralph

Postby Sighclone » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 am

deep -
Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on your recognition experience! In reading your other posts, it seems that you were "second-guessing" your ego ("if the ego wants something how can that be real since the ego is false, etc...") Egoic desires happen until they don't. Trying to "kill the ego" is egoic. Accepting desires of the moment is natural...the ego rules as long as it rules. Recognizing that "who you really are" is not only the bliss of unity, but it also witnesses but does not judge the meandering, scripty, needy and selfish arisings of the ego. Most folks are completely ego-driven, and do not even have the concept of a Self that could be separate or different from their autobiographical ego. Sounds like you have stepped past that point, at least briefly.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby viking55803 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 pm

One creation of the ego is sometimes called the persona or, as ET describes it, the story we tell ourselves and others about who we are. The persona is the face we present to the world. When I read your post, I thought about how we often see the external manifestations of inner change and can start thinking, "If I could be like that, I would be like that person."

A good example I've seen is the "artist" persona. Many aspiring artists adopt this persona as if that had anything at all to do with art. They dress like artists, use language conditioned by listening to other artists, hang around with artists, try to appear original and iconoclastic etc. etc. etc. Yet, real creativity and I would say true art, comes from presence - the direct interaction between the materials of art and the artist. You cannot "try" to be an artist, try to be original - you can only do art.

It is a fact that the vast majority of students in art school never make any art at all after they are done with school. They may still present themselves as artists, but they don't make art. You cannot seek what is already present, and you cannot be an artist (a useless label if there ever was one!) if you don't make art. Other people may name you something like "artist", but believing that it has anything to do with your creativity or art is a claim of the ego.

I may not look awakened, but live with me closely and my actions might suggest it. How do I treat others - animals and people? How do I react to criticism? Am I defensive? I honestly don't know what an awakened person is "supposed" to look like, but I would expect compassion, kindness, and acceptance in all its forms to be prominent. Was it the Bible that said that you should judge a tree by its fruits?
viking55803

Postby Onceler » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:36 pm

deepocean wrote:I'm feeling a huge shift these recent days and even more as I'm writing this, the feeling is so enormously powerful.
All this time I've tried to see the world through the eyes of the awakened person with my mind "I should accept all people, should not get angry, always feel bliss, I should say this and not that etc." When in truth all my mind made perception of how I should and should not view the world is illusion.. I thought I should observe things in a special way, being the "spiritual" or "happy" person, when awakening is infact seeing reality not through the mind/ego/subjective reality. It just is. With that comes total acceptance and isn't acceptance made in mind.

All this time I've tried to see reality the same way an awakened person does, seeing it from the perspective from how Tolle views the world, but when in fact the lens of the "awakend person" was the one interferring with me seeing reality. Reality just is. Why did I ever even say with my mind "I should accept this and that"?
Everything just is and I feel such a strong feeling of bliss haha, why did I try to simulate awakening through my mind? Everything I knew was obscuring me from reality.

I feel something so strong, so incredibly strong.. it feels like this body is about to explode haha, I wonder if this feeling will last. I wish you all the best.

Yeah, it was only when I stopped trying to be awakened that things started changing for me. I have long thought we do this backwards, trying to exhibit the fruits of awakening, which are only by products. In my experience, radical insight into who you are causes things to shift, not 'acting' awakened.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Yidaki » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:21 pm

deepocean,

Firstly, I love your username! It's really beautiful.

It is nice to see that another human is going through the awakening process. I myself have been in this transitioning period over the past couple of years, but in reality, it has been happening since the day I was born. It's only now that I am beginning to realise it and the reason for this is due to emotional and physical suffering.

I noticed that you mentioned that you are "trying" to be this, see that, or do this. The truth is that you don't have to try to do anything. You only just have to recognise what is and surrender to this moment and everything will make sense. There is no analytical process that is needed here. All that is needed is surrender, to give up "trying" to understand or "trying" to see reality for what it is.

The beauty of life is that it is so simple once we let go and surrender to the Now (as Eckhart puts it). Life is so simple, yet it's our analytical minds and attached Ego's that complicate the simplicity of life itself. You are life and thus, don't need to know anything or try anything. You already know everything that you need to know.

Peace and blessings,
Yidaki
"Wisdom comes with the ability to be still. Just look and just listen. No more is needed." ~ Eckhart Tolle
Yidaki

Postby Enlightened2B » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:24 am

Nicely said Yidaki!
Enlightened2B

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:51 pm

deepocean wrote:I feel something so strong, so incredibly strong.. it feels like this body is about to explode haha, I wonder if this feeling will last. I wish you all the best.

It's like you're describing exactly what is happening to me - haha! It's happened in the last few days too. Everything just is. Incredible bliss. So, so powerful! Another on the forum had the same around the same time. Dodododo - :lol:

Much Love my Friend,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion