Is traveling through dimensions a part of awakening?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Is traveling through dimensions a part of awakening?

Postby Maringa » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:12 am

Hi there,

more questions: Tolle says that human beings do all their spiritual work HERE, on earth. This dimension.

Other spiritual teachings encourage lucid dreaming and astral projections as a crucial PART of spiritual development. I believe that both the sorcerers of ancient mexico and the yogis of india could leave their own body at will, show up somewhere else, or just travel in other dimensions outside their body.

Does Tolle discourage this, or is his teachings just very adjusted for the western civilisation?
In order to connect with westerners he had to cut out astral projections and stuff like that?

Do you think Tolle is "sleeping awake" every night, just watching his passage through different dimensions or does he dream and sleep just like ordinary people? Did Tolle ever experiment with stuff like that?
Maringa

Re: Is traveling through dimensions a part of awakening?

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Hey Maringa,

Maringa wrote:Tolle says that human beings do all their spiritual work HERE, on earth. This dimension.

I love how the universe works! I've just been writing posts about extra dimensions and extra dimensional travel / communication. I suspect you'll find a million different opinions on this. My view is that Tolle teaches what he feels he needs to, to the people he needs to, at this time. I feel he does go to these places and communicates with extra dimensional beings. Actually, I know that, because whether we are conscious of it or not, we all do. When we sleep we all enter the 4th dimension, which contains our spirit guides and many other types of beings. We are never not in these dimensions, it's just our attention is usually in this one.

I think the reason people don't go on about this is because these dimensions can be used negatively to slow spiritual growth. A lot of knowledge about them has been kept secret for thousands of years but is now coming to light. We are in the time of great change, and it is important that these secrets are released. It's so exciting!!!

Maringa wrote:Does Tolle discourage this, or is his teachings just very adjusted for the western civilisation?

I'd say to worry less about whether or not Tolle advocates it, and feel more into what is right for you. Do you think you'd like to explore extra dimensional travel as a part of your spiritual development?

From my own perspective, I've been doing work with my guides in lucid dreams and have found it very beneficial. I'm working on fully conscious Astral projection to enhance my exploration and creative potential. It's really fun so far :) it's also helping open my Heart, clear my mind and enhance my latent psychic potential. I can talk to my guides in waking life now, whenever I want to let them in. And speak to my Soul. Which..is hard to put into words. A very personal, and pure love. It's hard not to cry, when I let it in. But I want to share this - I feel it's important.

I have a guide on astral projection and some other helpful links. Let me know if you're interested :)

Much love to you, so much love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:27 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote: I can talk to my guides in waking life now, whenever I want to let them in. And speak to my Soul. Which..is hard to put into words.

Here's my advice for what it's worth... If you are really talking to your guides and whoever else, ask for information you couldn't possibly know, then verify it. If this can't be done, then you may just be talking to yourself in your head. KM would call it the split mind, one part of your brain talking to the other part. Also, another tip, if you can talk to your guides, then you should be able to channel any other soul also. It's the same process ultimately.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby dijmart » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:41 pm

Maringa wrote:Other spiritual teachings encourage lucid dreaming and astral projections as a crucial PART of spiritual development. I believe that both the sorcerers of ancient mexico and the yogis of india could leave their own body at will, show up somewhere else, or just travel in other dimensions outside their body. ?

The Yogis did spiritual practice where as a natural "by product" some mystical experiences happened to some. This doesn't mean it needed to happen for awakening, actually it is not needed to awaken. Perhaps it was a test..hmm..to see if they would get distracted by such an experience and want more, more, more!

Does Tolle discourage this, or is his teachings just very adjusted for the western civilisation?[/b] In order to connect with westerners he had to cut out astral projections and stuff like that?

Why would we need to astral project?? Tolle has said over and over, all you have is NOW, the present moment HERE within you!

Do you think Tolle is "sleeping awake" every night, just watching his passage through different dimensions or does he dream and sleep just like ordinary people?

I think he sleeps like a baby! He's never stated to my knowledge of having an OBE, spontaneously or otherwise.
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:42 pm

dijmart wrote:If you are really talking to your guides and whoever else, ask for information you couldn't possibly know, then verify it.

That will come with time. It is in the very early stages at the moment. I trust the process and am happy with it. Besides, I don't think they're all about just giving random bits of information (at least not with me at the moment). They're more about showing me what I already feel to be right. At least in the waking world. It's different in the dream world. But I realise this isn't for everyone so do whatever feels right for you.

Much love to you,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:05 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:That will come with time. It is in the very early stages at the moment. I trust the process and am happy with it.

As long as your happy Jack, just don't be delusional. The process is the process, either you can talk with them or not. There is no early stage, imho, as someone who use to channel myself. But, that's just my opinion.

Besides, I don't think they're all about just giving random bits of information (at least not with me at the moment).

You have to ask sometimes, they may not, but if they know you need it to verify you are communicating with them, then they may. Otherwise, how do you know you're not talking to yourself? seriously. The entire time I channeled I was given bits and pieces of verifyable info, until towards the end, when I didn't want to do it anymore.
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:11 pm

dijmart wrote:You have to ask sometimes, they may not, but if they know you need it to verify you are communicating with them, then they may. Otherwise, how do you know you're not talking to yourself? seriously. The entire time I channeled I was given bits and pieces of verifyable info, until towards the end, when I didn't want to do it anymore.

They actually already have verified it. I had asked these questions myself and shortly after randomly chose to watch a video by Tobias. One of the first things he said was that the Ascended Masters are talking to lots of people. That these people are not sure if they are just talking to themselves or if it is the masters, but it is. He said a few others things that were direct answers to some of the questions that I had. I have no doubts.

Much love to you,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:27 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote: They actually already have verified it. I had asked these questions myself and shortly after randomly chose to watch a video by Tobias. One of the first things he said was that the Ascended Masters are talking to lots of people. That these people are not sure if they are just talking to themselves or if it is the masters, but it is. He said a few others things that were direct answers to some of the questions that I had. I have no doubts.

Much love to you,

Jack

Ok, I just wouldn't have felt right if I didn't put up the caution flag. Have at it Jack, best of luck with it all.
dijmart

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion