Time-Travelling within the mind.

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Time-Travelling within the mind.

Postby sumbrero23 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:22 am

I just made a post called ''observing the unsconciouss mind'' and then I found another post discussing about the same issue.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12690
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10535

I'd like to expand myself on this subject.
Recently I've been triggering my pain-body by using memory. Thoughts are telling a story about me and consecuently feeling mixed-up emotions. Sadness, sorrow. Finally it's a tension that's inside the body. This reminds me of what Tolle calls ''transmutation of pain''. It's just that the pain-bodie and it's content, can only be found in the deep side of consciousness. Or as psychologists calls it: the unconscious mind. Repressed fears and hurts and all of that. So it's not neccesary to wait some situation to trigger your ego. You can do it by yourself. If you are able to access to your memories, and focus all your energy and attention to it. It can be used as a tool for self-discovery.

So, if you follow me, at this point everything is okay. But, how do you know when all the suffering has been transformed into presence? what's the measure? :mrgreen: that would be the question. Because this method actually works for me. And as I've seen at the forum, works aswell for others.
It may take sometime to do this. When you face your pain and observe without attachment. It dissolves in the air like ashes, it vanishes into the field of ''the now''.

I'm taking hours and hours to do this inquiry. It feels great. It's a good way to understand your inner fears.
I think it will be good for some (those few who are shifting) that are struggling for freedom, and find themselves at a similar evolutionary level. It will be good to share your different kind of insights about this issue. Do you find this effective?

I read that for some people, this awareness&realization rises so strongly in them, that they awake from the illusion instantly. To others it's more of a gradual evolution. We are still fighting the darkness to find the Light. Not more or less, than the ultimate truth of reality. The ''eden''. Whatever name you give to it. It exists. It just our mind that prevents us from tasting the fruits of life. This is not just a negative emotion, it's a deepest and complex pain. This pain comes from the first time our hearts were injuried. The first and initial hurt from the past which lead to a crazy and confusing existence. As a methaphor: You can cut and tumble down a tree from the surface, but the roots are still deeply attached to the ground.
Last edited by sumbrero23 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumbrero23

Re: Time-Travelling.

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:44 pm

sumbrero23 wrote:But, how do you know when all the suffering has been transformed into presence? what's the measure? that would be the question.

How does it feel? Do you feel free? Or does negative/painful energy still linger?

Just a note of caution - sometimes it's better to accept that some pain will remain and just move on. Digging up old stuff maybe isn't always the best way to go.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby sumbrero23 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
How does it feel? Do you feel free? Or does negative/painful energy still linger?

Just a note of caution - sometimes it's better to accept that some pain will remain and just move on. Digging up old stuff maybe isn't always the best way to go.

WW

It depends on the quality of attention that I'm giving to my thoughts. If you hit the nerve, It doesn't feel good at all. A heavy energy is felt and this intensity depends on how much energy & attention you give to your thoughts. But at the same time, you can use this triggering in order to grow. Right? Have you ever tried this type of inquiry?

I find that acceptance, observation without judgement, consciouss breathings are different and powerful tools for entering the now. ''Portals'' as Tolle reffers to.
sumbrero23

Re: Time-Travelling within the mind.

Postby sumbrero23 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Yeah, this surely can give you a lot of headaches Webwanderer. I know that some people do this by writting their experiences on a paper. To me seems easier to use my memories when I'm alone. If you have time to waste like me, I think it's an effort that's worth to make. Regardless of the energy and time that needs to be wasted. I preffer to do this than to watch TV, if you ask me. :lol:
sumbrero23

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Haha I say go for in man!

I think it's wonderful to explore your very own techniques and not to rely on what other people tell you is best for you. If it feels right, then great! If it starts to feel counter productive then just give it the finger and move on :)

By the way, I love what you said about facing pain causing it to dissolve like ashes in the air, vanishing into the field of the now. Beautiful way of putting it :) I feel the same about facing pain and fear. It's like staring out a bully. It can sense true courage and knows it can't defeat it :) though it might beat you up a few times! Haha!

Shine on brother! Haha,

Love

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:56 pm

sumbrero23 wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:

WW

It depends on the quality of attention that I'm giving to my thoughts. If you hit the nerve, It doesn't feel good at all. A heavy energy is felt and this intensity depends on how much energy & attention you give to your thoughts. But at the same time, you can use this triggering in order to grow. Right? Have you ever tried this type of inquiry?

You asked: "how do you know when all the suffering has been transformed into presence? what's the measure?"
My answer is "Do you feel free (from the old thought/emotion)?" That is the measure it has been transformed.

The caution about digging up old stuff is that it can be re-energized unnecessarily. LoA suggests that where we focus our attention gets energized and grows - thus there is a degree of risk. If memories arise spontaneously, that would indicate that there is energy there that may need to be addressed.

Have you ever tried this type of inquiry?

Yes, and it can be very effective so long as your perspective and intent are clear that it's all just the stuff of memory, and that whatever pain it may bring up is simply misperception from previous mental conditioning. To the degree one has this clarity, those old painful memories can be transformed into something valuable.

I find that acceptance, observation without judgement, conscious breathings are different and powerful tools for entering the now. ''Portals'' as Tolle reffers to.

Good stuff.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby sumbrero23 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:26 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Haha I say go for in man!

I think it's wonderful to explore your very own techniques and not to rely on what other people tell you is best for you. If it feels right, then great! If it starts to feel counter productive then just give it the finger and move on :)

By the way, I love what you said about facing pain causing it to dissolve like ashes in the air, vanishing into the field of the now. Beautiful way of putting it :) I feel the same about facing pain and fear. It's like staring out a bully. It can sense true courage and knows it can't defeat it :) though it might beat you up a few times! Haha!

Shine on brother! Haha,

Love

Jack

yes you never know, I think the bully (the mind in this case) gradually gets tired and takes a break. :lol:
To be more clear, I find that what this does is to: go into the past (memories) and change your judgement of what happened from another perspective (in the present) so you can heal what another said to you, and how that situation made you feel like. But in the end, how one knows when this self-inquiring process will end? you need a computalized-brain-like, to remember in a detailed way what happened, to heal all and each of our hurts. Knowing that limitation, one can do it and experiment with it. So you can transmutate accumulated pain into awareness.
sumbrero23

Postby sumbrero23 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 am

CHECK THIS OUT! not spam intended, this is another way (maybe clearer) to explain what this topic is about.

Bashar - Face your fears
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVOeUtVtcVA
sumbrero23

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion