Eckhart Tolle; living away of your home!

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Eckhart Tolle; living away of your home!

Postby george_ionita » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:46 am

We all know that Eckhart Tolle is German.
I was wondering if he ever experienced regret of leaving his native country (home sickness).
What does/should we call "home"?
Is there(or, should it be?) a direct relationship between happiness and the place we were born?
Should we look for happiness exclusive at home?
george_ionita

Re: Eckhart Tolle; living away of your home!

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:02 am

Home is a state of mind where we find comfort and acceptance.

It's not a 'place', it's a feeling.

Physically leaving all that is known and that one is 'comfortable' with in terms of experience and knowledge can be a scary thing, one that needs adjustment and understanding of differences.

For me there is an 'energetic' difference in the land of my blood - where my ancestors lived, and in the way my own body behaves interacting with the natural elements of it - less stressed even in breathing the air, sleeping etc

But this is likely genetic awareness, my body is formed of cells that have survived in that environment, and been made 'perfect' for it. The heat and humidity in sub tropical & tropical climates, and sudden drops in temperature, for instance, my cells are not so used to and so they too go through an adjustment.

I'd suggest don't look for happiness anywhere - be happiness, wherever you are.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby george_ionita » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:06 am

Great answer, thanks a lot!
george_ionita

Postby viking55803 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:43 pm

I was born in Northern Minnesota - a land very similar in many ways to my ancestor's homeland in Sweden. Unfortunately, I was forcibly relocated at 2 years of age to Los Angeles! This was a childhood trauma without a doubt - despite being potty trained before moving, I began bedwetting in LA and that continued until age 12.

Finally, as an adult, I chose to return to Minnesota where I have lived for the past 42 years. Everything about this place resonates with me (the Scandinavian culture and values for example) but mostly the natural environment. Since returning "home" I've spent most of my free time in nature: canoeing, x-country skiing, hiking, snowshoeing, cycling. Winter here is exceptionally harsh, and it is why our population doesn't grow much over time, but is perhaps my favorite season. There is nothing like the experience of snowshoeing at night deep in the woods at -20 F and hearing the wolf packs howling. Every season has its beauty and challenges: in summer the mosquitoes and biting flies thick for instance - but none of that dampens my love of being in nature.

Humans and dogs are the two species that can live almost anywhere on the planet. I can function well, and enjoy, large cities, deserts, the Great Plains etc. But I feel as sense of belonging and connectedness here as I do nowhere else. My animal nature seems to be suited to live in this place, and I will never leave.
viking55803

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion