Story-line

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Story-line

Postby rachMiel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:14 pm

I rewatched The Matrix and it got me thinkin' about how closely it ties in with awakening ...

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Re: Story-line

Postby karmarider » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:14 pm

The first of trilogy is a great reminder of awakening.

Though I found the premise to be lazy. It doesn't make sense that aliens are using human beings for batteries when it would take far more energy to create and maintain the captive world than it would produce...it would make more sense if the aliens are attracted to human beings' emotional energy or something like that...but then again, it's just a movie and better enjoyed with less analysis.
karmarider

Postby Phil2 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:21 am

rachMiel wrote:I rewatched The Matrix and it got me thinkin' about how closely it ties in with awakening ...

Yes clearly this movie has an interesting philosophical background ... as for the aliens using our energy maybe they are our 'pain bodies' :lol:

Personally I find that the image of the dream is one of the most powerful images to explain the nature of 'awakening' because everyone dreams and knows how a dream can have the appearence of reality ... and create the illusion ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby rachMiel » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:42 pm

karmarider wrote:The first of trilogy is a great reminder of awakening.

Though I found the premise to be lazy. It doesn't make sense that aliens are using human beings for batteries when it would take far more energy to create and maintain the captive world than it would produce...it would make more sense if the aliens are attracted to human beings' emotional energy or something like that...but then again, it's just a movie and better enjoyed with less analysis.

Yes the deriving vast energy from human bodies seemed a bit funky to me. But I'm very forgiving when it comes to movie logic ... except in movies that depend on it, like whodunnits.

The thing I love about the storyline of The Matrix is the awakening allegory part.
rachMiel

Postby rachMiel » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Phil2 wrote:Personally I find that the image of the dream is one of the most powerful images to explain the nature of 'awakening' because everyone dreams and knows how a dream can have the appearence of reality ... and create the illusion ...

Life as dream resonates with me too. But I wouldn't stop with so-called "awakening." I'd call awakening moving from the current level of dream "up" to another subtler level of dream. Like endlessly nested Russian dolls.

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream.

So whaddya do if it's all a dream, even awakening?

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show! :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Or ... :

rachMiel

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:27 am

The Matrix is an obvious re-watch in this area, when I first watched it, it made no sense - my daughter had to tell me the plot.

Another interesting re-watch might be Monty Python's The Life of Brian ---- to see how all the delusions unfold etc
It's line by line, character by character brilliant scripting (and much more fun to watch :wink: ).
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby rachMiel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:55 pm

And, of course:

Groundhog Day

Which is essentially a Murrayian exegesis on Buddhist philosophy. ;-)
rachMiel

Postby Phil2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:10 pm

rachMiel wrote:And, of course:

Groundhog Day

Which is essentially a Murrayian exegesis on Buddhist philosophy. ;-)

Yes a nice symbolic representation of reincarnation ... you come back to solve the same problems until you respond correctly ... then higher level problems have to be dealt with in the next reincarnation ... until all problems are definitively solved ... and it might take several billions years (and many suicides) ... but what is a million years in regard of eternity ?

:lol:

ps: btw in French the title of the movie 'Groundhog Day' is "Un jour sans fin" (translated as "A Day without End")
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby rachMiel » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Phil2 wrote:ps: btw in French the title of the movie 'Groundhog Day' is "Un jour sans fin" (translated as "A Day without End")

I vastly prefer Groundhog Day. To call the movie A Day Without End is a HUGE spoiler!
rachMiel

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:38 am

Sawadee folks :D

I saw this movie on the plane to Thailand - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCTen3-B8GU
Transcendence

It's likely not what one will think ... but it's BIG, it's really BIG, and many will not 'get it' or 'see it' the way I did, I understand that. Basically they learn to copy and upload first monkey and then human 'intelligence' 'consciousness' to computers to enhance Artificial Intelligence.
- I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone, but for me - what they achieved, or rather what they portray as achieving ( I so thought omg Webby will LOVE this notion!!) for me it was kind of like bringing the 'all knowing' of the nde / light / no body state into this dimension, and allowing it to communicate to create - design build heal etc from this 'all knowing' state.

On an ethical intelligence level and on a logical rational sceptical level my brain can no longer follow all the threads all at once, but gosh it was good to see. Fear is the only thing that stops us from being all that we can be.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion