Christmas - Bla

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Christmas - Bla

Postby Nameste » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:04 am

Had Christmas tonight with my in-laws extended family. I was sitting listening to all the seeming mindless chatter and I sort of checked out, as if I was watching all this on a movie projector. I didn't give a rats ass about any of it. Not that it bothered me, but I just didn't want to play. I was disassociated with it all, just sort of being and watching. Then I realized I might look out of place if I don't say something once in a while to play the game. So I had to disturb the watchful space I was in and jump into the movie to prove I was still part of it. I am just wondering if this is a healthy or an unhealthy way to be in this setting. I meditate a lot, so it is easy to go to the watchful place. But am I being remote, cold, or anti-social? Should we play the game just so we can "connect" and show our appreciation?

There was one special moment. My daughter, having a difficult time became the recipient of a beautiful prayer before the meal. She teared up and received hugs. It was authentic. I connected with that moment more than any other time in the evening. It left me to ponder about the "now". Is the now on it's own special? Does the now need to contain something to evoke authentic experience? And if the now feels bla, but better than joining the illusion, is that just how it is and as good as it gets?
Nameste

Re: Christmas - Bla

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Nameste, you've noticed the difference your self - while supposedly being 'watchful' there was judgment - separation - aloofness, and then there was connection - through love - gratitude & generosity.

Authentic is love. As Don Miguel Ruiz says 'love, is the equilibrium - of gratitude and generosity'. One does not stay apart from what is in the moment.

The moment is whatever it is, but gratitude & generosity can still be present, and therefore authenticity, connection, grace.

That prayer - ....
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Nameste » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:21 am

Thanks. I guess you are parroting what I was saying. The moment is the moment, but opening deeper to it can allow grace and love if it is there.
Nameste

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:58 am

The moment is the moment, but opening deeper to it can allow grace and love if it is there.

I guess I went a little further - grace and love is always there - it's us that moves, not it.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion