law of attraction and being present

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby beginnersmind » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:24 am

I'm also bowing out of this conversation. I have a new daughter that I think deserves more of my attention
beginnersmind
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:49 pm

beginnersmind wrote:The Hicks has a lot of backtracking to do when Jerry got sick, because their whole shtick was that people who get sick attract it to them through their thoughts and vibrations.

Thought I might add a little insight on Jerry Hicks death. No one is going to live forever in these human bodies. Everyone must go through a death. How that unfolds of course is unique to the individual. So Jerry's death, whether sooner or later, was going to happen, and those who would be critical would likely be so regardless. Here's some info to consider.

As anyone who follows the Abraham material knows, Jerry was not the conduit for Abraham. Esther was, and is. But it was Jerry who promoted it and encouraged Esther to explore alignment with Abraham and ultimately open the teachings up to a larger audience. It was just not in Esther's nature to do it of her own accord. When the time came for Jerry's 'croaking', he did so by way of a lingering illness. The reason was that if he went suddenly Esther would likely not go out on the road and on stage again without his support.

But by going slowly over time he was able to encourage Esther to keep doing the workshops alone (with staff) while he continued to support her from home. It was through this slower approach to his passing that Esther was able to acclimate to being on the road without him. When he did finally pass she already knew she could continue without his physical presence. So the valuable work continued.

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6280
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby Onceler » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:57 am

beginnersmind wrote:I'm also bowing out of this conversation. I have a new daughter that I think deserves more of my attention


Congratulations beginnersmind!
Be present, be pleasant.
User avatar
Onceler
 
Posts: 2200
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:35 am
Location: My house

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby coriolis » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
beginnersmind wrote:The Hicks has a lot of backtracking to do when Jerry got sick, because their whole shtick was that people who get sick attract it to them through their thoughts and vibrations.

Thought I might add a little insight on Jerry Hicks death. No one is going to live forever in these human bodies. Everyone must go through a death. How that unfolds of course is unique to the individual. So Jerry's death, whether sooner or later, was going to happen, and those who would be critical would likely be so regardless. Here's some info to consider.

As anyone who follows the Abraham material knows, Jerry was not the conduit for Abraham. Esther was, and is. But it was Jerry who promoted it and encouraged Esther to explore alignment with Abraham and ultimately open the teachings up to a larger audience. It was just not in Esther's nature to do it of her own accord. When the time came for Jerry's 'croaking', he did so by way of a lingering illness. The reason was that if he went suddenly Esther would likely not go out on the road and on stage again without his support.

But by going slowly over time he was able to encourage Esther to keep doing the workshops alone (with staff) while he continued to support her from home. It was through this slower approach to his passing that Esther was able to acclimate to being on the road without him. When he did finally pass she already knew she could continue without his physical presence. So the valuable work continued.

WW


I've not read the Hicks material and do not know much about them. I do not completely discount the notion that one's attitude or "vibrational frequency" can have a major impact on one's health, I just don't think that's all there is to it.
Like you said no matter how positive we think or feel we are all going to die just like every other organic life form does.
The notion that some (teachers, life coaches, channelers, gurus, etc..) seem to promulgate that death and illness are always signs of personal failure to "think and feel right" is a bit sophomoric in my view.
Death is an indispensable part of this gig and a proper appreciation of it will do more than anything else, in my opinion, to make the interval between it and one's birth as full and as rewarding as they can be.
Why are the seasons and the life that seems to come and go in them so beautiful?
It is because they are evanescent and never exactly repeatable.
You can't learn to appreciate what you don't see until what you do see is gone and felt deeply within rather than being tangibly grasped without.
That appreciation is the only path to a deeper love and wider wisdom, courtesy of our good friend death in all it's forms and functions as the enabler for renewable life from the dying stick of autumn, the sleeping germ of winter, the tender awakening shoot of spring, to the furiously growing plant of summer.
Death is life just as much as birth is and no matter how hard we try we'll never be able to pry them apart without destroying the single thing they are -- life itself living with it's full range of motion.
User avatar
coriolis
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 pm

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:09 pm

Life and Death are most certainly an inherent factor in this physical reality as I see it. Holographically, life and death are happening at every single level of Being, just like the season changes as coriolis beautifully points out above and I even wrote a blog piece on that very subject. Everything is born and everything dies. It's the cyclical nature of physicality. So, you can't escape that.

However, physical illness in the chronic sense or even acute infectious, more often than not, is an energetic factor. Because, even with acute viral diseases, such as the common cold, or influenza, it likely stems from faltering immunity. And faltering immunity (while also related to physical causes such as diet) is often the result of vibrational changes within the energetic bodies due to chronic emotional stress that gets stored in the memory cells on the physical level and where does that come from? Misperceived beliefs on the emotional level. Misperceived beliefs on an energetic level, gets stored in the memory cells of the physical body and the DNA and as a result, over time, lead to physical illness. It's all about beliefs. The more you focus on something that you fear, the more attention, you do put on that in the form of manifestation.

So, yes, death is inevitable of course on the physical level. Everything is meant to be temporary, come and go, come and go, just like the Buddhist teachings of 'this too shall pass'. Yet, certain premature diseases, need not be, even cancer, if we are energetically in touch with ourselves I feel personally.

I recommend the 'Healing Codes' as a source for anyone to read, if interested in how beliefs/LoA affects our physical bodies. We do have power to manifest disease and healing from an energetic level by our beliefs.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby beginnersmind » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:53 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
beginnersmind wrote:The Hicks has a lot of backtracking to do when Jerry got sick, because their whole shtick was that people who get sick attract it to them through their thoughts and vibrations.

Thought I might add a little insight on Jerry Hicks death. No one is going to live forever in these human bodies. Everyone must go through a death. How that unfolds of course is unique to the individual. So Jerry's death, whether sooner or later, was going to happen, and those who would be critical would likely be so regardless. Here's some info to consider.

As anyone who follows the Abraham material knows, Jerry was not the conduit for Abraham. Esther was, and is. But it was Jerry who promoted it and encouraged Esther to explore alignment with Abraham and ultimately open the teachings up to a larger audience. It was just not in Esther's nature to do it of her own accord. When the time came for Jerry's 'croaking', he did so by way of a lingering illness. The reason was that if he went suddenly Esther would likely not go out on the road and on stage again without his support.

But by going slowly over time he was able to encourage Esther to keep doing the workshops alone (with staff) while he continued to support her from home. It was through this slower approach to his passing that Esther was able to acclimate to being on the road without him. When he did finally pass she already knew she could continue without his physical presence. So the valuable work continued.

WW


I was bailing out of this conversation, but since you insist to quote me after I have said this, I'll answer you on this, since my daughter is also sleeping right now too.

Here is something to consider. Esther being the conduit is the claim made by Esther and Jerry, it is not a fact, and in my opinion, it is a false claim. I certainly do agree that it was Jerry who promoted the Abraham brand. In fact, in my opinion, he was the wizard behind the curtain, so to speak. I think he developed the idea of Abraham ( thanks to books like "Think and Grow Rich" which Jerry credits to much of his early success with Amway) as a way to find a niche in the LOA community and hence Esther became the "conduit", and the face and voice of the brand.

Anyone familiar with LOA books can see that "Abraham" brings nothing new to the table. There is nothing that these supposed "all knowing ascended masters" have said that can't be or has not been said by other authors that were more from this Earthly realm. In fact, anyone that has read books like Hill, Haanel, Collier, Allen etc. can see that the Hicks have essentially taken ideas from other books, reworded these ideas a bit and threw in "ascended masters" to give the books an authoritative flavor.

It has also been demonstrated that these "all knowing ascended masters" demonstrate their lack of omniscience when asked about such topics like string theory, where they got the definition of the theory completely wrong when asked about it. Or their confusion with the definition of Dissociative Identity Disorder (multiple personality disorder) with Schizophrenia.

or this ridiculous statement:

ABRAHAM: That's how the scientist's discover new science. They start out with a hypothesis--an idea--and then others believe enough in the idea that they make it true. You see?



Jerry being human and dying is pretty much a moot point, because unless someone is completely naive or in denial, we all realize that the body will eventually expire. Bringing up Jerry's death in itself was not the reason I brought it up. It was HOW he died being the reason I brought it up, The reasons you give for the way Jerry died are also not a fact, but merely speculation and/or most likely the story given by the Hicks or Esther to maintain that why after all the years she said that people can get over sickness simply by raising their vibrations, and could do so very quickly (within one afternoon), her husband could not only seem to NOT be able to do that, but he also went for the conventional medicine treatment, something that Esther (Abraham) belittled on more than one occasion. In my opinion, this way the Abraham brand could survive and still thrive.

Of course, the term "croaking" that "Abraham" was so fond of when speaking about when referring to other people's losses in a disrespectful and flippant way became the more "spiritual term", transitioned when speaking about Jerry's death. Also since Jerry's death, people have reported a sometimes volatile attitude from Esther when "channeling" Abraham. I speculate that running the business and keeping up the facade without Jerry's help is a bit overwhelming for her. Though those close to the Hicks behind the scenes report this kind of behavior was not uncommon even when Jerry was around.

Not only do I think Hicks-Abraham work as not all that important or valuable, I find some of their ideas ridiculous. I find the idea that writing off groups of people who are in dire situations due to their collective vibrations being too low is irresponsible at best and down right dangerous at worst. To rationalize and justify it this way that this is the reason why people in the 3rd world countries suffer and live in poverty, where social injustice is the norm, and live without basics such as fresh water and food, is to dismiss the social stratification on a macro level through exploitation environmentally, economically, and socially, from so called more "civilized" countries.

We all live in relationship and what we do and do not do affects others. So to write off other peoples' suffering being because their collective vibrational frequency somehow seems to be off with the universe is a juvenile way of thinking. It is obviously also an attempt to absolve oneself from their individual responsibility and contribution on a micro level in this whole web of being interconnected on the macro level.

Since I live in the USA, I'll speak from this point of view, but we could probably look at western society in general. We live in a society where for the majority of us, not only are our basic needs met. (food, water, shelter, clothing, etc.), but live in a culture of such excess materialism, that we compare with what we have, with what others have and believe it is somehow unfair that we don't have all the luxuries (big houses, yachts, fancy cars, super model spouse) that others seem to have. We're like spoiled children living in a mindset of a sense of entitlement where stress seems to come from not "keeping up with the Jones". We live a culture were people become depressed because they still have that lousy iPhone 4 while the newest and "coolest" iPhone 6 is currently out of their financial grasp.

Ironically, it is this very culture where those that not only have enough (and then some) seem to be the ones seeking out books like, "Ask and it is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires" or "Money & The Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness" both of the Abraham-Hicks brand. By the way, I find it kind of interesting that in the title of the book, wealth comes before health. I always thought the saying was, "health, wealth, and happiness."


As I have said before, there is truth in LOA. Our mind and thoughts color our world and the importance of cultivating the mind are essential, since our entire world is experienced in the mind. The opening lines of The Dhammapada (The Buddha) speak of this. Jesus spoke of it. Tao Tzu spoke of it, Thoreau spoke of it, Emerson spoke of it, etc. etc. etc. But modern LOA has a way of distorting these truths and exaggerating them, much like neo-advaita does with Advaita Vedanta where we end up with "spiritual" half-truths. LOA speaks of the need to come into the alignment of Love and thus the universe and then attempts to explain away why people who seem to lack morals and/or ethics and who seem to prosper in the way LOA speaks about, do so, because actually the universe is one of indifference.

Can the mind help heal the body? Of course I believe it can. After all, it is the mind (through stress) that can make the body sick. I practice Qigong and meditation. I was completely able to rid myself of a rather large gangolion cyst on my wrist, for example, through the practice of Qigong (movement, breathing, visualization, and meditation) and one time use of accupuncture. This was after going to the regular doctor and being fitted with a brace, being told that it would have to be drained and/or surgery might be needed. So I do not dismiss the power of the mind and alternative medicine/practice.


Also, experiments on meditation have shown improvement of the mind within weeks. I also have a book called, "The Healing Power of Mind" which teaches practical healing meditations and visualizations from a Tibetan Buddhist. But again, modern LOA takes these truths and either exaggerates them or dumbs them down to explain away why for instance, children are born with diseases and/or deformities with explanations that they are old souls who chose the experience.

But going back to the movie, "The Secret" which I find to be egocentric spiritual greed. Originally, the Hicks were supposed to be in that movie, they just couldn't come to an agreement, so their material was removed from the movie.

But, the Hicks (or now just Esther) seems to have done quite well and made quite the lucrative business out of the LOA with loads of materials for sale, seminars and even cruises. Here is their website. What I don't understand is how she believes that the LOA attraction started with her as it is claimed when you Google Abraham-Hicks. They even tried to trademark the term in 2006, stating they coined the term. Of course, this was denied as the term has been around since at least 1906 with the early "new thought" movement and Napoleon Hill used it repeatedly in his book, "The Law of Success."

http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource...

Is there really a shift in consciousness as is often promoted by the Hay House crowd, or is it really business as usual where authors keep selling their goods and the masses keep on consuming them in hopes of something better, because of what Thoreau said that most people live a life of quiet desperation ? Again, there is truth in the LOA, but one use use some critical thinking when reading many of these Hay House books. They take ancient truths and teachings from sources such as Buddhism; The New Testament; The Tao Te Ching; The Upanishads, philosophy, etc. and distort and/or exaggerate them. They extrapolate ideas from science and quantum physics and present them as irrefutable fact and teach that happiness is some kind of means to an end, of becoming happy so you can then get "this or that". It seems to me the ones that have the most success with the modern LOA are the ones writing about it and/or teaching it.



Eric
beginnersmind
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby beginnersmind » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:58 pm

Onceler wrote:
beginnersmind wrote:I'm also bowing out of this conversation. I have a new daughter that I think deserves more of my attention


Congratulations beginnersmind!



Thank you Onceler!! I have to say, in the short 3 1/2 weeks since my daughter was born, not only do I have a beautiful baby girl who I love, but am finding a wonderful reciprocal relationship in which we are both teacher and student.

Eric
beginnersmind
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Beginnersmind, there are those who see value in Abraham's teaching, and there are those who see only conspiracy and imagined greed. So it is with most all teachers and teachings. As far as it not being new, so what? When it comes to fundamental truths, what is actually new? Such essential truths are always being repackaged for a new generation in a vernacular that better resonates with current conditions and life experiences. There are many, many thousands who have benefited by Abraham's teachings. Would you discount and condemn them for their their increased joy and happiness in life because you don't like the source of their inspiration?

Your doubt as to the true nature of Abraham and the teachings offered is simply 'your' doubt. Many say the same about Tolle, yet here we all are. Who should we listen to? Our own inner guidance, or the criticism of others? There are always doubters and critics who don't see the value of what's being offered regardless of source. It's okay. There are many paths to valuable life experience. Find what works for you and grow with it. Harsh criticism of another's way however, is not likely the most beneficial course. It seems far wiser to make the most of whatever inspires us personally and follow that path of inspiration until it no longer does so. Then allow others to glean inspiration in whatever way they feel serves them. Isn't that what inner guidance is all about?

WW
User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 6280
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:48 pm

beginnersmind wrote: But again, modern LOA takes these truths and either exaggerates them or dumbs them down to explain away why for instance, children are born with diseases and/or deformities with explanations that they are old souls who chose the experience.


Sorry to interject here between you and WW again, but I've been following this thread because I'm trying to learn more from both sides about LoA.

Yet, what you say here though, is not a product of merely modern LoA. It might only appear that way, when we are only looking at a portion of the picture. Again, I'm not well read at all, on LoA teachings. However, this above in bold, is incredibly well reported in countless NDE's, OBE's and between life regressions. There is a vast wealth of evidence to the notion that we do indeed incarnate into these lives to experience certain things including disease in some cases, and yes, that could very much be the case with sick children who are born with deformities and diseases. It's not merely a matter of experience for the Soul that is experiencing through the child, but often it benefits the other souls we incarnate WITH. So, incarnating with a physical deformity can often benefit the other family member who is caring for this deformed child in the experience of something challenging and therefore, Being Love in the seemingly toughest of situations. I know it's hard to imagine, but there's plenty of material on this subject matter of pre-incarnation birth planning, if you'd like to research it. I recommend Brian Weiss's work, Michael Newton, Robert Schwartz and Nanci Danison among many others.

Oh and most of all....congrats to you on your baby :D
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby beginnersmind » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:25 pm

​WW: Beginnersmind, there are those who see value in Abraham's teaching, and there are those who see only conspiracy and imagined greed.

Eric: You've addressed nothing I said, but instead opted for sidestepping claim making and dismissing what is said through backhanded criticisms. Take this claim for instance. Do you think I read multiple books from Abraham-Hicks looking for only conspiracy and imagined greed? That maybe convenient for your argument, but it is hardly accurate. I went into reading these books in hopes of achieving the very thing they promise and achieving my personal desires. It was only through critical thinking and looking past my own egocentric wishes that I began to see the holes in LOA as taught by Hicks.

WW: So it is with most all teachers and teachings. As far as it not being new, so what? When it comes to fundamental truths, what is actually new? Such essential truths are always being repackaged for a new generation in a vernacular that better resonates with current conditions and life experiences.

Eric: I bring this up, because you'd think that wisdom coming from "all knowing ascended masters" would provide at least some kind of new insight. Instead these "all knowing ascended masters" simply reword former LOA authors. Not to mention, they get simple basic facts wrong.


WW:There are many, many thousands who have benefited by Abraham's teachings. Would you discount and condemn them for their their increased joy and happiness in life because you don't like the source of their inspiration?

Eric: First off, you're making a claim without providing evidence. I do not doubt there are many Abraham followers, whether they truly benefited to the point of conscious transformation is a different matter. Besides, whether the person benefits from the teaching does not make the Hicks' story a valid one.

WW: Your doubt as to the true nature of Abraham and the teachings offered is simply 'your' doubt. Many say the same about Tolle, yet here we all are. Who should we listen to? Our own inner guidance, or the criticism of others?

Eric: Actually, I have offered much more than simply my doubt. My doubts do not rise from a vacuum. I have given many examples and presented evidence as to why I doubt the Hicks story. What have you provided to show it to be true?

Who should we listen to? Both. because sometimes we can confuse our own selfish desires as as real inner guidance. Also, when we simply listen to one point of view over and over, we only see what side to something, which can breed a groupthink mentality and dogmatic beliefs. We (hopefully) use discernment in other aspects of our lives and throwing it out the window in the name of spirituality is not very responsible in my opinion. Hearing criticisms of subject matter we are interested in can help one to not be so "tunnel visioned" when it comes to subject matter. Not to mention that in this context, are we not also listening to the teachers in which we're discussing this very topic? So the question is, why not listen to both our inner guidance and criticisms or critiques?




WW: There are always doubters and critics who don't see the value of what's being offered regardless of source. It's okay. There are many paths to valuable life experience. Find what works for you and grow with it.
Harsh criticism of another's way however, is not likely the most beneficial course. It seems far wiser to make the most of whatever inspires us personally and follow that path of inspiration until it no longer does so. Then allow others to glean inspiration in whatever way they feel serves them. Isn't that what inner guidance is all about?

Eric: In other words, in this context, what you really want is for me not to criticize Abraham-Hicks. What you're trying to do is use a spiritual card for me to stop criticizing the Hicks to make is seem more wise to remain silent on something you feel passionate about, as you have demonstrated time and again, because you have invested your beliefs in Abraham-Hicks. That will not work with me, because I have no desire to put on a mask of being "spiritual". I am more interested in truth, both at a relative level and metaphysical level.

You have shared your point of view of LOA and I have shared mine. It is up to the reader to decide what they want.
beginnersmind
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby beginnersmind » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:
beginnersmind wrote: But again, modern LOA takes these truths and either exaggerates them or dumbs them down to explain away why for instance, children are born with diseases and/or deformities with explanations that they are old souls who chose the experience.


Sorry to interject here between you and WW again, but I've been following this thread because I'm trying to learn more from both sides about LoA.

Yet, what you say here though, is not a product of merely modern LoA. It might only appear that way, when we are only looking at a portion of the picture. Again, I'm not well read at all, on LoA teachings. However, this above in bold, is incredibly well reported in countless NDE's, OBE's and between life regressions. There is a vast wealth of evidence to the notion that we do indeed incarnate into these lives to experience certain things including disease in some cases, and yes, that could very much be the case with sick children who are born with deformities and diseases. It's not merely a matter of experience for the Soul that is experiencing through the child, but often it benefits the other souls we incarnate WITH. So, incarnating with a physical deformity can often benefit the other family member who is caring for this deformed child in the experience of something challenging and therefore, Being Love in the seemingly toughest of situations. I know it's hard to imagine, but there's plenty of material on this subject matter of pre-incarnation birth planning, if you'd like to research it. I recommend Brian Weiss's work, Michael Newton, Robert Schwartz and Nanci Danison among many others.

Oh and most of all....congrats to you on your baby :D


Thank you for the congrats Enlightened. I appreciate it. As far as a wealth of evidence and research, what is the wealth of evidence beyond claims and books written on the claims? Should I believe in the NDE in the book "23 Minutes in Hell", for example, simply because a person (Christian in this case) makes the claim that this is where he went? When it comes to this kind of stuff, you'll have to call me a type of agnostic.

Here's what I do know from my own experience. I've experienced OBE's and dreams that have come true many times.

I'll say it again. There is truth to LOA. I am not discounting it entirely. But in modern LOA I feel it is being distorted and/or exaggerated.
beginnersmind
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:18 pm

beginnersmind wrote:As far as a wealth of evidence and research, what is the wealth of evidence beyond claims and books written on the claims? Should I believe in the NDE in the book "23 Minutes in Hell", for example, simply because a person (Christian in this case) makes the claim that this is where he went? When it comes to this kind of stuff, you'll have to call me a type of agnostic.


There is no evidence beyond claims and books written, unless you've experienced it yourself (which you very well can by going out of body and learning about the astral realms). But, for me personally, there's no denying anymore the commonality of these experiences and the richness that is delivered in their messages. I denied them initially because they didn't match my atheistic view of life, nor did they match up with my non-dual perspective, until I objectively researched them in my sincere inquiry to learn more about consciousness.

I never read the book you mentioned, but understanding NDE's in a larger context means understanding that many people often do misinterpret their experiences (especially the ones who came back very religious) which can very well be the case in the book you mentioned. The reason for this is that it is likely that we experience what we are cultured to experience in the early stages of NDE's. Therefore, if we have an upbringing of Jesus Christ in our life, even if we are not overly religious at all, chances are, we might experience Jesus in the afterlife. If we have an upbringing of Islam, we might experience Mohammed. Of course, this isn't the actual 'Jesus'. It's merely a manifestation of sorts brought to us as something that is comforting in the early stages of the experience, until we are ready to accept the larger view, which many never get to, in their NDE's because they don't go deep enough into the higher realms of vibration.

In terms of hellish NDE's, I have a much better understanding of hellish NDE's than I did previously. When we immediately leave our bodies, manifesting happens instantaneously. Therefore, many people manifest (only temporarily) their own subconscious beliefs, in the immediate stages of leaving their body. Hellish NDE's are incredibly common including Dr. Eben Alexander's story. Meaning, they manifest these hellish experiences themselves, unconsciously because of fear. Hard to explain here, but I recommend a more thorough investigation if it interests you.

Here's what I do know from my own experience. I've experienced OBE's and dreams that have come true many times.


You've had OBE's? Interesting. I'd love to hear more about your experiences. What did you learn from them if you'd like to share? I'm not sure what you mean by dreams that have come true. OBE's are not dreams at all, nor anything like dreams. They are literally an experience of consciousness in a different dimension/realm of being.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby beginnersmind » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:29 pm

Enlightened,

I'm going out the door in a minute, so no time for details. What did I learn from my OBE experiences? I don't know if I learned anything from them. I did think I was losing my mind at one point. As far as different dimension or realm, that was not my experience. It was simply being outside my body in the very same environment. The first time was shocking to say the least.

What do I mean about having dreams coming true. Just that. Having multiple dreams over and over in which they came true.
beginnersmind
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby Enlightened2B » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:40 pm

Very interesting Eric. Sounds like you left your body, but didn't go very far (consciousness wise) compared to others. Still awesome though.

I lucid dream regularly now and it happens when I have a rough time sleeping at early hours of the morning (5/6AM) and I know when it's about to happen because of the sensations it causes, especially the paralysis. It's pretty wild and scary! I've been researching a lot about lucid dreaming and OBE's of very late, as far as the relationship and there is definitely one as lucid dreaming is the early stages of OBE's. I'd like to go further with this in exploring the astral realms. I feel like there's an exploratory calling for this area of my life experientially. I don't know why. But, it seems to be coming together that way of late for me intuitively.

Anyway, I don't want to get off track any further from this thread. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Enlightened2B
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: law of attraction and being present

Postby coriolis » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:44 pm

I think there is a tendency afoot, in the human mind, for as long as there have be beliefs and belief systems to take a snapshot of the hand that has the finger pointing at the moon, enshrine it, tell apocryphal tales about it, publish voluminous verbiage in it's honor, and then systematically forget the moon shining in the sky that it's only purpose in existing was to point at.


......We're just silly that way.
User avatar
coriolis
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:51 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest