Where is morality?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: Where is morality?

Postby Fore » Sat May 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:Does it really matter if I agree with you on a definition of a word?

Yes, as we are on an Eckhart Tolle site and not an Advaita site, it would be helpful for you to elaborate. I also speak with words from other traditions but I do my best to link them to Eckhart's teachings.

Enlightened2B wrote:Once again, you've ignored the initial statement of yours that sexual desire is an impurity by changing course

I'm doing my best to try to give you examples of birth from a very gross point to subtle points. I'm certainly not ignoring the initial statement, but there seems a barrier of conditioning separating our views.

Enlightened2B wrote:While I don't fully disagree with your definition of craving.... you keep linking desire and craving to self creation (birth) as if self creation is something to get away from or be avoided and then....you go on to label your own perspective on self creation as......truth (bolded above).

"The old species is incapable of survival unless it changes" Eckhart Tolle
Desire causes change, The old species will die off without desire. This is truth.
What is left when the old species dies off? Presence

Enlightened2B wrote:It's almost like you're grasping for straws to make a case that desire and craving is what leads to sex and what leads to self creation and self creation is what we want to avoid.

Not avoid, come out of the habit of self creation.

Enlightened2B wrote: Do you have the direct experience to know why you incarnated here in the first place?

To liberate all beings within this universe of experience from suffering.
Fore

Postby Fore » Sat May 30, 2015 1:57 pm

carlojuan77 wrote:
If unconsciousness isn't necessarily bad per se, then does that make all bad deeds NOT bad? They are just unconscious?

Yes.
Is the child who is victim of sexual assault bad? Is this same child as an adult who has been conditioned to perform these same actions bad?

carlojuan77 wrote:If death is not a big deal, then does that make killing or murder not a big deal?

Looking from outer space death killing and murder are not a big deal, the earth keep spinning, but looking from the mother whose child has been murdered this is a pretty big deal.

carlojuan77 wrote:If we do unconscious deeds, what are the consequences of those actions?

Birth.

carlojuan77 wrote:Do you think it is necessary to have a fear of eternal punishment or damnation in order be good and do good deeds?

No.
carlojuan77 wrote: Do you guys believe in it?

No, nothing is eternal.
Fore

Postby DavidB » Sun May 31, 2015 1:53 am

Point being that while all religions ultimately point to the truth of Presence, I don't know how you can acknowledge being this Presence/God essence while still identify with being a (Christian, Jew, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, etc).

I wouldn't say that all religions ultimately point to the truth. I especially wouldn't include Islam in that assumption.

carlojuan77 wrote:If unconsciousness isn't necessarily bad per se, then does that make all bad deeds NOT bad? They are just unconscious?

Yes.

carlojuan77 wrote:If death is not a big deal, then does that make killing or murder not a big deal?

Yes.

Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing. Luke 23:34

carlojuan77 wrote:If we do unconscious deeds, what are the consequences of those actions?

There are no consequences.

carlojuan77 wrote:Do you think it is necessary to have a fear of eternal punishment or damnation in order be good and do good deeds? Do you guys believe in it?

No, in fact this fear based reality frequently results in insane forms of Earthly punishment and damnation, such as for example, the Spanish inquisition and Islamic Jihadism.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion