Help saying yes

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Help saying yes

Postby TommyF » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi guys,

So about 1.5 months ago I had a dream I should do some kundalini yoga. I did some and all the darkness in me came to the surface in a very short space of time. Now I am choosing to believe this is for the greater good but when I'm right in it I struggle to see it. I've had "depression", "anxiety" etc in a big way a couple of times before, culminating in a suicide attempt a couple of years ago so I am familiar with it being tough. But this seems way more intense, I'm literally in survival mode for most of the day, wondering how I'm going to make it through each moment due to the energies that are moving through me. I can just about handle this but the challenge is that my mind is just going wild with doom and despair most of the time too.

My only way through this is by surrendering and accepting which is obviously saying yes to what is. So my question is how do you say yes when your mind is shouting NO, NO, NO most of the time? I've heard Eckhart speak of people saying "yes" to the most unimaginably challenging circumstances. Obviously I would choose to accept this as it will make getting through it less painful but it's my mind that won't accept isn't it? Is it just back to observing it and letting go as much as possible?

Thank you

Namaste
TommyF

Re: Help saying yes

Postby dijmart » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:22 am

Obviously I would choose to accept this as it will make getting through it less painful but it's my mind that won't accept isn't it?

Yes, it is your mind commenting on your mind state. Consciousness identifying with the thoughts, feelings and emotions and saying they shouldn't be there, classic workings of the ego. Find out who/what it seeing this, watching without judging....perceive from that space. You can be aware of the mind disturbance and still be at peace, by not identifying completely in it.
Last edited by dijmart on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Manyana » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:24 am

In terms of intense stuff like that, concentrate just on the physical sensation and when thought tries to come back in, just continually keep moving your attention back onto the physical sensation. By staying with it and feeling the sensation/energy this releases it. With quite a lot of practice it does get easier to separate them and just concentrate on the physical energy sensation, though it can still be very unpleasant. When you do find yourself in something intense, occasional repetition of 'resist nothing', whilst purely feeling the sensation, seems to work well.
Manyana

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Don't try and force your mind to change. Allow it to be as it is. Accept the difficulty of your situation and unfurl in that acceptance.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby TommyF » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
I just get a bit confused because when I listen to Eckhart he says not to judge, analyse or interpret what's going on inside and not to let the Painbody rise up and affect your thinking. But this is an automatic egoic reaction in my case, Im just not able to create much (if any) space from it at the momet. I'm pretty aware of what's going on inside, it's just like a constant storm.
TommyF

Postby Manyana » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:12 pm

At the moment it is an automatic egoic reaction, but from what you say you are able to observe it whilst it is going on, so even though you are not able to change anything just now, you are generating what eckhart calls presence power. As presence increases in you through observation, the space around the pain-body will also naturally start to develop.
Manyana

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion