Page 1 of 2

"A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:04 am
by painBody
... if you can call it work !

I don't know about you guys, but after reading or listening to most of his talks/books, I feel like A New Earth is my fav. ET work yet ... the one that speaks to me the most.

I've been listening to it in small 10-20 min chunks for months now, and I just about finished listening to it today. It just puts a big smile on my face each time I listen. It's such a feel good experience ... and no other work of his has put bigger smiles on my face. The Power of Now was definitely eye-opening, but I felt like A New Earth went above and beyond, and really covered a lot of topics that I felt The Power of Now didn't.

I think one of my fav. chapters/sections was in disc 8 (Ch. 10, I think ... last chapter), in which he talks about how some folks have to go through disillusionment early in life, and what they lose on the level of form, they gain on the level of spirit. He talks about old age, shifting from doing to being, embracing death, and welcoming the opening of the soul. Beautiful.

Big smiles here :D

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:45 pm
by randomguy
I really like it too. Years ago I considered a lot of what he wrote in ANE a distraction to a more direct inquiry and preferred the PON for being more on topic (according to my state at the time). I hadn't heard/read it in years and recently revisited it and appreciated it much more.

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 pm
by painBody
randomguy wrote:I really like it too. Years ago I considered a lot of what he wrote in ANE a distraction to a more direct inquiry and preferred the PON for being more on topic (according to my state at the time). I hadn't heard/read it in years and recently revisited it and appreciated it much more.


"a distraction to a more direct inquiry"

Interesting way of putting it. Yes, it's funny how you can even think a book is garbage one day, and come back to it years later and find Gold in it (that happened to me with The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer). If you care to share, were there any particular pieces of ANE that spoke to you ?

In the end, most or all of ET's books/talks are essentially the same, but use different words to get at that same essence ... different avenues leading to the same destination ... different flavors for different tastes. I also think that that's the reason why some spiritual teachers/teachings really speak to a person while others simply don't. The teaching/teacher has to be on the "same wavelength" as the student, for the student to really "get it".

It's also good to listen to several different talks by ET (or any other teacher). I feel like each one adds a little missing piece to my wisdom, like filling in gaps in a big jigsaw puzzle ... they're all complementary to each other.

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:27 am
by dijmart
Other then afterlife stuff and channeling, my first spiritual book about "consciousness" and what not was ANE. I remember my mind blown so often, I could only read a few pages at a time..lol. Seems funny now. I didn't read PON until I had read ANE twice and by then PON was an easy read :lol:

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:38 am
by Testigo
I found PON in 2004, and I have read it so many times, that soon I will need a new edition. ANE is super too. But Stillness Speaks is the best book i have ever read: it is perfect! You can't find a single suerfluos word in it!

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:00 am
by painBody
dijmart wrote:Other then afterlife stuff and channeling, my first spiritual book about "consciousness" and what not was ANE. I remember my mind blown so often, I could only read a few pages at a time..lol. Seems funny now. I didn't read PON until I had read ANE twice and by then PON was an easy read :lol:


:)

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:01 am
by painBody
Testigo wrote:I found PON in 2004, and I have read it so many times, that soon I will need a new edition. ANE is super too. But Stillness Speaks is the best book i have ever read: it is perfect! You can't find a single suerfluos word in it!


Yup, Stillness Speaks is great. I love the chapter on death and the eternal. It is one of the more concise books. ANE and PON took me weeks or months to finish.

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:02 pm
by rachMiel
painBody wrote:
Testigo wrote:I found PON in 2004, and I have read it so many times, that soon I will need a new edition. ANE is super too. But Stillness Speaks is the best book i have ever read: it is perfect! You can't find a single suerfluos word in it!

Yup, Stillness Speaks is great. I love the chapter on death and the eternal. It is one of the more concise books. ANE and PON took me weeks or months to finish.

+1. Stillness Speaks is my go-to Tolle book these days.

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:22 am
by painBody
rachMiel and Testigo - What were some chapters/sections/sentences that spoke to you, from Stillness Speaks ?

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:28 am
by rachMiel
What I remember most are buncha very simple, clear, and succinct bits on Awareness and Self. In keeping with Advaita Vedanta (I'd say), but expressed in a much more familiar (to me) Western way = very little reliance on Sanskrit or Indian traditions, gods/goddesses, symbolism, etc. Right to the heart of it.

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:32 am
by Testigo
Here you have one of those quotes:
"The tremendous shock of totally unexpected, inminent death can have the effect of forcing your consciousness completely out of identification with form. In the last few moments before physical death, and as you die, you then experience yorself as consciousness free from form. Suddendly, there is not more fear, just peace and a knowing that "all is well" and that death is only a form dissolving. Death is then recognized as ultimately illusory -as illusory as the form you had identified with as yourself". P. 112

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:01 pm
by rachMiel
Testigo wrote:"The tremendous shock of totally unexpected, inminent death can have the effect of forcing your consciousness completely out of identification with form. In the last few moments before physical death, and as you die, you then experience yorself as consciousness free from form. Suddendly, there is not more fear, just peace and a knowing that "all is well" and that death is only a form dissolving. Death is then recognized as ultimately illusory -as illusory as the form you had identified with as yourself". P. 112

I wonder if he is speaking from direct experience here, or from hearsay/speculation?

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:33 pm
by painBody
Testigo - That is truly beautiful, almost breathtaking !

rachMiel - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:14 am
by anonymousUser
I find more Joy in The New Earth, but personally find The Power of Now the most powerful of the 3...

Re: "A New Earth" is my fav. ET work yet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:07 am
by Testigo
RaichMiel:
speculation... it could be, yes, but it sounds very natural to me. Just consider that when the aparent reality of form and individuality starts to dissolve in the process of death of the ego with all the "my" attached to it: body, life, personal history, etc., what is left then but the true essence of our BEING? True love, infinite awareness, Infinite and radiant Existence, infinite and radiant joy of being, infinte and radiant Presence in the universe and unity in the ocean of BEING.