What do you do :) to be aware and present, practically

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

What do you do :) to be aware and present, practically

Postby Lianna » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:04 am

Hey everyone,

First of all, forgive me for my clumsy use of words, English is not my own language so I do my best but it's probably written with mistakes.

I was wondering about what you all do, practically, to pull yourself back to awareness and presence every day, hour, minute etc. Do you do certain meditations, practices, watch a lot of Eckhart videos (lol, I am very guilty of that), use present moment reminders etc etc.
If you, for example, meditate, what kind of meditations do you find very helpful? If you practice in certain ways, what kind of ways help you the most?

I thought it would be useful to share these things with each other. What do you do, practically, to be aware and present as much as possible :)
Lianna

Re: What do you do :) to be aware and present, practically

Postby kiki » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:03 pm

Hi Lianna. Our board is absolutely loaded with practical advice on gaining and maintaining presence. Use the search feature in the upper right corner of the screen to do that. I have personally devoted a lot of time to this question, so you might start your investigation by clicking on my name and then search my post history by looking for "Search user's posts" within the "User's statistics" field.

Edited to add: I'd look at my older posts first.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Lianna » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:34 am

Awesome! I will explore that way, thank you very much :)
Lianna

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:09 am

Hello Lianna,
I bring myself back to consciously doing the one thing we all do unconsciously... breathe.

Whenever we take our mind and our heart to our breath all else becomes quiet.

From there we can be with what(ever) is.

:) It can be done anytime anywhere without any props or purpose but itself.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion