Bodily Reactions To 'not thinking?'

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
NuanceOfSuchness

Bodily Reactions To 'not thinking?'

Post by NuanceOfSuchness » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Hello.

Iv'e been having reoccurring aches and pains in my body. The most notable is an ache and pressure in the solar plexus. I've also been entering into dark periods which seem to generate a heaviness in me. I know there can't be a definitive answer to this. Perhaps I could gain a better understanding through a shared experience.

I listened to Barry Long's 'How to Stop Thinking' and he mentioned that my body will react in some way to 'not thinking'. This may include aches, pains and emotional upheaval - a bit like a withdrawal.

My health in general seems fairly good. My diet is good, too.

Have you discovered any kind of unwanted bodily responses that you might attribute to 'not thinking?'

If this phenomena exists, how so, does it happen? Is there a psychological or physiological explanation?

I have recently become aware of the intrinsic connection between mind and body through a very odd experience. A couple of weeks ago a fear came over me which then transmuted into exhilaration and funnelled into a single point just above my belly. I seemed to intuitively know that it was something I should relax into. My mind became a vista of quietude with no thoughts. The next day I became ill with sickness and diarrhoea - go figure! Was this the intelligence of my body drawing the wasted 'thinking' energy from my mind and placing it where it was needed and could it have occurred through an improved connection between mind and body through not thinking and meditation?

It's a big ask to have these questions answered but I'm a curious guy. :D

Onceler

Re: Bodily Reactions To 'not thinking?'

Post by Onceler » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:38 am

If aches and pains are a hallmark of not thinking, I’m one empty headed guy.....

Healing for me has taken many forms, I believe that some of my aches and pains are certainly a result of emotional/psychological pain. Others are perhaps a karmic result of being physically engaged with life for many years.

My natural intelligence seems to be directing me toward certain lifestyle changes lately, mainly dietary. It’s been interesting and rewarding.

You might want to see where your intuition takes you. It sounds like you’re doing just that.....good luck.
Be present, be pleasant.

NuanceOfSuchness

Post by NuanceOfSuchness » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:18 am

Onceler wrote:
You might want to see where your intuition takes you. It sounds like you’re doing just that.....good luck.
This seems like a wise approach. Exherting a quizzical approach has its place but sometimes just letting things happen, almost giving up, is another approach especially when there appears to be a greater benefit.

I am grateful for your reply.

Ricardnut

Post by Ricardnut » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:38 pm

I would like to know this too. I think it's strange about this.