Mind stuck on a past action regret

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Seeker1968

Mind stuck on a past action regret

Post by Seeker1968 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:55 pm

It's the college admission/enrolment/ rejection season in US. I am struggling with my son's waitlisting and rejection from his dream school due to what my mind believes is my stupidity during the application process. It has got me into intense suffering and unacceptable mode. In my 13 years of practice of Eckhart's teachings, they seem to be failing me for the first time. I can't forgive myself or my past momentary mistake (if it was a mistake). I have always able to get past much more serious issues in life through practising acceptance and surrender. Why is it failing me now ? Any advise, input or help would be greatly appreciated. I am in deep pain and suffering due to a relatively trivial issue, but can't find a way out !

Rob X

Re: Mind stuck on a past action regret

Post by Rob X » Fri May 18, 2018 6:32 pm

I feel for you, seeker1968 - it’s painful when we mess up (or perceive that we’ve messed up) with our kids. It’s the hardest to shake off because it goes the deepest. But you know that this will pass and work out okay. It’s hard to think of anything specific to suggest since you’re a bit of an ET veteran and you know the drill (hence the lack of responses here I guess.) But have a look at my response to Niki on the “Apathy” thread for a wider perspective on these things.

All the best.

randomguy

Re: Mind stuck on a past action regret

Post by randomguy » Tue May 22, 2018 12:32 pm

I watched this comedian, I can't remember who, make a joke about suddenly yelling in the shower because of a regret. I laughed because I have done that.

There is probably sadness at the thought of harming your son. Just feel it all the way through. Observe the regret storm. See that you are here, breathing, living, aware.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho