Why to trust Eckhart Tolle?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Loffe

Re: Why to trust Eckhart Tolle?

Post by Loffe » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:01 am

PureLand wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:14 pm
Hello

I used many methods, Eckhart's wonderful teachings and Buddhist formal meditation methods in the past. I don't do breathing or other methods for some years now. Effort, methods are valuable, important and necessary after you first start practising mindfulness untill you experience Nirvana/Ultimate Reality for the first time. After that first experience, effort is not really required. You enter to the "being" state and stop "doing". You will continue to experience the wonderful awakened state time to time and the intensity of that total awakened state will naturally purify your mind. You still have many things to do in this state, and it's also a very difficult state, but it's not easy to explain it.
What about ego after the first experience? Is it trying to establish old situation when there was little presence? I have sometimes thougts overflow like ego wants to cling to something and be somebody. It is confusing sometimes and definitely not pleasant. I can see how ego trying to convince me that what I do (not do but just being in presence) is somehow wrong.
Loffe

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:39 am

What about ego after the first experience? Is it trying to establish old situation when there was little presence? I have sometimes thougts overflow like ego wants to cling to something and be somebody. It is confusing sometimes and definitely not pleasant. I can see how ego trying to convince me that what I do (not do but just being in presence) is somehow wrong.

The first total awakening experience don't break the identification with the ego.(Maybe for a tiny minority it does). Ego continues to show up for different reasons/excuses. The reason for the insistence of the ego-even for the people who experience total awakening experience many times-is because of the physical body and the brain. The body and the brain always puts the spiritual practitioner behind where he/she actually is. The people who have near death experiences desribe complete oneness with other people and the universe, feeling other people's emotions and feelings and simultaneosly geting detached from these negative mind states and feeling unconditional love. These things are enlightened people's characteristics. So even If the people who don't engage in any spiritual activity is able to experience these qualities in the spirit world, imagine how amazing it would be for the spiritual people. The brain and the body always puts people behind where he/she actually is. That's the only way to grow spiritually, to experience big challenges, pain and suffering.

Spiritual people(except the permanently awake minority) are too hard on themselves. And conventional people are too easy on themselves. Remembering these things as little pointers and more and more allowing the ego and the world around us is the way to transcend the ego and reconnect with the Ultimate Reality, But the ego, will survive for a long period of time and return again and again. Spiritual teachers generally don't talk about this but this is the truth. Everyone can have awakening experiences, silent, calm, loving, peaceful, egoless states or even Nirvana itself. But learning to stay awake(by transforming conscioussness/disidentifying from the self completely) is the real challenge.

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 pm

This was really helpful, good pointers. I did notice myself that I push too hard sometimes, wanting to change ego or even get rid of it. And of course building identification around my experience.
Thank you PureLand.
Loffe

SAuser

Post by SAuser » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:48 pm

@PureLand

Sent you an email via forum because I can't PM you yet, can you check it if possible?

Thank you

kajolkumar

Post by kajolkumar » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:27 pm

Thanks for information.