Eckhart, why no miracles?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Astan

Eckhart, why no miracles?

Post by Astan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:18 pm

I did not hear about any E.T. miracles. Are there any?
Shouldn't enlightenment being have some forces (sidhis?)?

E.T. is quoting Jesus to show that he told the same thing as him. So, if he quotes Jesus it means he believe Jesus existed and told what he told, at least in general.
So, basically, Jesus was enlightenment and due to this fact could do miracles. E.T., as I understand, is also enlightenment, but does no miracles.
The question is why?

Webwanderer

Re: Eckhart, why no miracles?

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Do you think there could be differences in the degree and quality of enlightenment? Maybe Jesus was higher on the 'enlightenment' scale. What do you think?

WW

Astan

Post by Astan » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:45 am

Mayby...
After reading what spiritual teachers say, it seems like there are a lot of stages of spiritual awakening, but still one enlightenment.
And e.g. healing is supposed to be easier to 'get' than enlightenment...

Loffe

Post by Loffe » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:30 am

I heard about Tolle's miracles. People told me that he's eating when he's hungry and he sleeps when tired :) This is a true miracle - being in present with everything.
Jokes aside, well there was a truth in it, I don't know Tolle personally but point is that even if Tolle moves mountains or splits seas in his free time, he's not gonna tell in his books or talks because this will put him to "guru" or "saviour" position. Someone higher and better and powerful - ego certainly sees it so and therefore thinks: well, this is worth believing! Tolle's teaching is NOT for believing but rather for experiencing. That is how I feel about miracles of Tolle, correct me please if I got this wrong.
Loffe

turiya

Post by turiya » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:45 am

Loffe wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:30 am
This is a true miracle - being in present with everything.
I agree with that :D

I remember in one of his talks (although I can't remember which one), Eckhart told about a time when he saw a famous magician hold his breath under water for a really long time. Eckhart said he got to meet the guy off stage and talked to him about his amazing ability to go without breathing for so long... and then at some point the guy asked Eckhart, "Hey, aren't you famous? What's your claim to fame, again?" And Eckhart replied, "I can go without thinking for a really long time." :lol:

(That was the gist of the story, anyway... not sure if I got the details right.)
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

Christa-303

Post by Christa-303 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:23 am

Maybe the difference is that Tolle lives in the present day and age and Jesus lived in an age when people believed in miracles... .How many miracles have you seen performed in your lifetime?
Maybe there are no 'big' miracles? What if the people who wrote about Jesus' miracles made them up? Remember most of the Bible was written long after Jesus died...