Jim Carrey

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Slyder

Jim Carrey

Post by Slyder » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:03 pm

Wonder if Jim Carrey is a Tolle fan?

From
http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0 ... 12,00.html

You see, Carrey has found spiritual enlightenment, and it's so awesomely awesome that he just has to tell you about it. For hours. Even if you didn't ask. In fact, he has to write a book about it.

"I don't want to pick scripts just to keep me in the status-phere," he says. "You have to take the plunge to expose your true self. If you're true to yourself, you'll turn someone on." Then he quotes Emerson's essay on self-reliance. And then the spiritual guru Eckhart Tolle, whom he's visited in Canada. Then he talks about his meditation practices. And the moment of his enlightenment. And how trying to fill a hole in yourself is pointless, since we don't have holes. And how time, man, time doesn't even exist. You don't need to bring many questions to a Jim Carrey interview.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Entertainment/560187.html

Carrey’s real-life mental problems go much deeper than a number obsession, however. "I’ve gone through periods when I couldn’t shut off the conversations in my head," he says. "That’s kind of a form of insanity, when you can’t control it, when it’s taking over.

The speculation in Hollywood has long been that Carrey’s spiritual quest would eventually move him in the direction of Scientology — especially given that he and his girlfriend, the actress Jenny McCarthy, have been spending so much time with the Cruises. Carrey, who has been married twice before and was once engaged to Renee Zellweger, rules this out emphatically.

"I don’t think I’ll ever belong to an organization, because organizations corrupt," he says. "It’s the natural course of things, when you have to protect the organization from outside influences, or when you’re trying to change people’s minds. It’s tough when egos get involved and they’re trying to bend the will of another person, rather than allowing them to come to it if they see it."

din

Post by din » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:40 pm

Cool stuff!

Thanks Slider! :D
:)

phil

Post by phil » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:01 am

I wonder if Tolle is a Jim Carey fan?

Jim Carey makes more people smile than Tolle, if anyone is counting. :-)

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:28 pm

Jim Carey makes more people smile than Tolle, if anyone is counting
I think you are the only one counting.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

maunamrita

Post by maunamrita » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:19 pm

isnt jim carrey the one who said:
"i think everyone should be rich and famous, so that they get to know thats not it."
i like this statement.