Is ET married?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
madfrank

Is ET married?

Post by madfrank » Thu May 31, 2007 2:47 pm

Hi

Is ET Married?

Does he have children?

How do his family react to his Enlightenment?

tc

steven
music is the space in between the notes

eseward

Post by eseward » Thu May 31, 2007 3:30 pm

Just wondering how this impacts your freedom, the experience of your real nature.

heidi

Post by heidi » Thu May 31, 2007 7:00 pm

As far as I know ET is not married but however is shacked up with his girlfriend and partner. Kim Eng. I don't think he has any kids.
I don't have a clue about his family.

Eseward, I was wondering those exact same things...
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Ives

Re: Is ET married?

Post by Ives » Thu May 31, 2007 7:46 pm

madfrank wrote:
Is ET married?
And, if so, what is he married to?

eyogateacher

Post by eyogateacher » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:42 am

Ives wrote:
madfrank wrote:
Is ET married?
And, if so, what is he married to?
ET is married to NOW :lol:

aanwezigheid

Post by aanwezigheid » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:08 am

eyogateacher wrote:ET is married to NOW :lol:
Lol, Eyogateacher :lol:

buckeyeboywonder

Post by buckeyeboywonder » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:46 am

I would be curious to observe how their relationship functions together, two people entrenched in the Now... it would be a good example to spread that power

Ives

Post by Ives » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:49 am

Somebody asked Kim Eng, in an interview, what it was like to be in a relationship with an enlightened being.
She replied something to the effect: “I don't feel I am in a relationship with anyone. I relate.”

Which I suppose means that when someone is there I relate to them in the moment. But to say I am ‘in a relationship’ is to cement the thing into a conceptualisation.
And we all know where that gets us.

eseward

Post by eseward » Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:54 am

Well said, Ives. :)

aanwezigheid

Post by aanwezigheid » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Indeed, very nice said :)

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Somebody asked Kim Eng, in an interview, what it was like to be in a relationship with an enlightened being.
She replied something to the effect: “I don't feel I am in a relationship with anyone. I relate.”

Which I suppose means that when someone is there I relate to them in the moment. But to say I am ‘in a relationship’ is to cement the thing into a conceptualisation.
And we all know where that gets us.
This just blew me away. People go around acting as if they are in a relationship, telling others, wearing wedding bands, announcing it in the paper, thinking of themselves conceptually as "in" a relationship. The story goes: "This is my partner. Who I am depends partly on who this other person is and whether all of us recogize the relationship conceptually."

What does the relationship, conceptually, have to do with true love and intimacy. Nothing, it's a thought or bundle of thoughts.

How many relationships are going on right now where two people think of themselves as conceptually in a relationship. They live in the same house, think of themselves as together, yet fear each other or are separate from each other because true intimacy is unknown or lacking.

Isn't it safe to have the thought "I am in a relationship" and then escape the moment so that I don't have to be fully present with the person.

Nothing wrong with any of it. But what does being "in a relationship" have to do with love, with the transmission of energy, intimacy, love between two people. The "things" that are so precious, and leave us open to such vulnerability that it is dangerous and scary (as Krishnamurti says). The conceptualization of relationship has nothing to do with love. The concept of a relationship is probably yet another way the human mind blocks itself from true intimacy through presence.

And that is not an excuse to not commit, or philosophy to avoid in some way. On the contrary, that realization is when the walls come down, and true love starts coming through. The more I think about you, the less I have to be present with you.

I realize not all relationships are like this. I'm more interested in looking at my own, which has grown in intimacy through presence.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

eseward

Post by eseward » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:16 pm

yougarksooo wrote:I'm more interested in looking at my own, which has grown in intimacy through presence.
As expected, but still very glad to hear it, man. :)

altherunner

Post by altherunner » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:05 pm

There is dvd "A Simple Truth", available on eckhart's site, that was been sent out as a bonus with bought the Findhorn dvd, or on it's own for a nominal fee. He answers a lot of personal questions to a Danish interviewer.