Does Eckhart Tolle have psychic abilitys?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
boogeyman

Does Eckhart Tolle have psychic abilitys?

Post by boogeyman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:46 am

I've read somewhere(might have been some buddhist teachings) that people who have attained enlightenment have certain psychic abilities(mind reading, clairvoyance, etc.)
Has Tolle ever talked about the sixth sense? Only thing I've heard him talk about is "a certain kind of sensitivity".

weichen

Is this new form or wider awareness ?

Post by weichen » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:05 pm

Only thing I've heard him talk about is "a certain kind of sensitivity"
Indeed, the question seems more clear on the other end of the spectrum, when a painbody completely possess a person, he may be blind to a stop sign or even a red light. The stop sign (or red light) is there, but he lost awareness of it.

However, when a person reach the state of deep peace, two somewhat different things may happen
a. a new form may be generated (e.g. his chest, back, head, heart, may be in a very unusual state)
b. his awareness may be wider such that he becomes aware of certain things that he was not aware of before.

Is this new form or wider awareness ? It is often difficult to distinguish. When I am in deep peace, I seem to find a new swtich that can open or close my head ("open or close my head" is just a label that I use, and this label may have very little no meaning to other people). Is this a new form state (a), or is this a new awareness of an existing form (b) ? I don't know, and I don't care much.

eseward

Re: Is this new form or wider awareness ?

Post by eseward » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:10 pm

weichen wrote:Indeed, the question seems more clear on the other end of the spectrum, when a painbody completely possess a person, he may be blind to a stop sign or even a red light. The stop sign (or red light) is there, but he lost awareness of it.
Beautifully said, weichen. :)

Ives

Post by Ives » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:49 pm

Does Eckhart Tolle have psychic abilities?

He has the ability to see through a ton of bullshit.

Is that not enough?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:05 am

I think you are pretty clear on that one Ives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

weichen

Post by weichen » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:06 am

It takes psychic ability to see that "the greatest crime to humanity is commited by "civilized people".

moonmissy

Everyone has psychic abilities

Post by moonmissy » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:52 am

Not to sound to weird but not too long ago I didn't believe in psychics or psychic abilities.

I ran into a person when I was 19 in which she claimed she was a psychic and natural paths doctor. I was working at my mom's restaurant for the summer and she told me exactly what was on my mind. She also told me that she felt lots of pain on my left cheeks that I might have tooth problems. I dismissed it. However, some months later, I sudenly felt excruitiating headache that wouldn't stop and had to take heavy pain killers every 4 hours to alleviate the pain. My doctor couldn't find out why. When I remembered her words and went to the Dentist. It turned out that one of my wisdom tooth which hasn't surface yet had grown so large under my gums that it hit a major nerve on my left cheek. The dentist removed it and it was ok. I quickly forgot this story for a long time.

Since I knew about Mr. Tolle's teachings, one time I took a long retreat from work and stayed home for 3 months just to meditate and recouperate after years of long hours of work without vacations.
I felt lightness and clarity stronger and stronger everyday. I could sit and meditate for 3-4 hours at a time and felt that it was like minutes. Sometimes in the stillness I could tell when my husband would get home, or not get home on time without him telling me. I would cook for a friend something she wanted before she asked and she felt weird that I already had done what she wanted. I would without thinking know that a particular store we were looking for was closed before we arrive and that someone would call before the phone rang. This was the power of now that I had personally experienced. Other than this I experienced immense clarity such that I could read a book in the dark and see it as if it was day. Hear sounds from far distance away in such clarity that it shocked me sometimes.

However, when I got back to work, my "now" practice and daily meditations became less and less consistent and I lost these abilities. Since my work involved a lot of analysis and mental thinking my "now" practice had not as it was before and the clarity and marvellous abilities vanished.

I truly can say that waking up is easy but staying awake is much harder. I'm sure Tolle wouldn't talk about these things because it is not the purpose of "being in the now" but a fruit along the way from the practice not to be clinged to.

Observe it, appreciate it, surrender it (leave it).
Before and after there exist not one
Why attachments?

suraj

Post by suraj » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:14 am

Wonderful moonmissy!
I AM

Ives

Post by Ives » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:15 pm

You really hit the nail on the head, Missy.

I used to be much fascinated by telepathy, and I think we all have instances of it every day, but... psychic abilities are really nothing compared to awakening.

weichen

Post by weichen » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks MoonMissy for a wonderful post!

If I shoot a rocket into the sky and produce rain, that is indeed mysterious to some people and they may think it comes from God, but the mechanism of rain-making is quite simple.

If I fly to the moon, most people would not believe it. But human did it 50 years ago.

Predicting you have pain on oneside of your cheek may not be very different from predicting earthquack would strike certain area of earth. Things are related, inner invisible things are connected with outer manifestation (visible). That other people lack the equipment (experience, knowledge, or presence), and thus can not see it, make the seer look mysterious.

too haht tzay

is eckhart psychic...

Post by too haht tzay » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:38 pm

:)
Last edited by too haht tzay on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonmissy

Re: is eckhart psychic...

Post by moonmissy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:32 am

too haht tzay wrote:Yes he is.

He is what is called a 'sensitive.'

One day I found out I was a sensitive, too.

I realized it one day when the elements in nature...the trees, the wind and the sun spoke to me.

Eckhart said, "Being must be felt."

And he said, "...but it will only show itself to
you in moments where there is no thinking."

This is true. :)
Wow, I have the same experience almost everyday on my way to work. I sit in the car and my husband drive and I found that the clouds are so wonderful. Sometimes I laughed uncontrolably in such incredible joy just looking at them without thoughts. It is the most wonderful thing to feel so alive.

What people deem as miracles are just the result of being alive, alert and grounded in the now.

Just on sunday, I went with my family to pick up my mother at the airport. Her flight was delayed. Everyone panicked and wondered if she had fainted (she did that earlier on her trip going away). However, out of the blue, while I am practising "being" a number came up. I knew with certainty somehow that she was arriving on flight 1168. No one told me of even the existence of that flight. My brother in law wondered and my husband wondered where I got that number from since she was scheduled to be on flight 1130. However, 3.5 hours later, she arrived on flight 1168. I was a little bit amused and my husband was wonderfully surprised.

When you are in now, the message just comes out of nowhere. You tap into the energies of all things and things just flow.

Everyone are capable of this. Eckhart is just like all of us....we are all one.
Before and after there exist not one
Why attachments?

too haht tzay

Post by too haht tzay » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:02 am

:)
Last edited by too haht tzay on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poison ivy

Post by poison ivy » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:43 am

Oh, this is so nice. What a great discussion. Great posts, everyone!

I didn't know if I believed in psychic ability BT (before Tolle), but his words immediately resonated with me. I was introduced to him 9 days after my world turned completely upside down. I had a lot of battles ahead of me, and I learned a lot from the universe about how to proceed. i would ask for guidance and it would come from a neighbor, not five minutes later. I was very ill & in pain, but I always got parking spaces close to the store or office I was visiting. THAT one always made me smile (still does, I still always get the closest spot).

Many pieces of evidence came to my doorstep exactly when I needed them for the court cases I filed. And through it all, I had what I called "the gift of knowing." Although it no longer really mattered to me what happened in this divine play of my life, I knew how things would turn out. Didn't know all the details, but I knew I would survive all the challenges ahead of me. I learned a sense of humor about how I was allowing "the divine purpose of the universe to unfold." I enjoyed just letting the energy work thru me, as it guided me to being a warrior. My father and I joked that "most of our lives aren't really our business anyway...and we're under no celestial order to figure it all out."

I did win my cases, my health is improving (and I know I will eventually recover).

So, yes, I agree with you. When we are in the moment, the universe speaks clearly and we can hear it. When we are preoccupied with thought/past/future, we cannot hear.

Thank you each, for your presence of Be-ing,
Ivy

too haht tzay

psychic abilbities...

Post by too haht tzay » Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:03 am

Last edited by too haht tzay on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.