Does Eckhart Tolle have psychic abilitys?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
too haht tzay

Post by too haht tzay » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:52 am

Last edited by too haht tzay on Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

poison ivy

Post by poison ivy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:55 am

Oh, proudly being, i thank you for that post. I was wanting to say something similar, but i thought i shoudn't, since I am a new one here. I also wanted to share something with too hawt tzay (i think i'm getting your name right now) about her life with her husband. But again, I need to be here a while before saying some things. So, PB-luv, thanks to you.
And thanks for everyone's input here. We may be a bit off-topic here, but in the light of the discussion as to staying in the light.....

I have often felt disappointed with myself when i *forgot*. On this other web community I belong to, I found this from the works of krishnamurti:

"Questioner: I find it impossible to be aware all the time."

Krishnamurti: Don’t be aware all the time! Just be aware in little bits. Please, there is no being aware all the time—that is a dreadful idea!
It is a nightmare, this terrible desire for continuity. Just be aware for
one minute, for one second, and in that one second of awareness you can see the whole universe. That is not a poetic phrase. We see things in a flash, in a single moment, but having seen something, we want to capture, to hold it, give it continuity. That is not being aware at all. When you say, ‘I must be aware all the time’, you have made a problem of it, and then you should really find out why you want to be aware all the time. See the greed it implies, the desire to acquire. And to say, ‘Well, I am aware all the time’, means nothing."

Don't you love this? "See the greed it implies?"

Well, goodnite, loves,
ivy

proudlybeing

Post by proudlybeing » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:25 am

Thankyou for you kind words, too haht tzay, eseward, and Ivy , (i cannot use the p. word in relation to you, it somehow doesnt work for me , He he).
Ivy, your timing , insight and placement of quotes continues to amaze me,
the subject of being aware all the time was in the front of my mind, , your post helped clarify. :P

Too haht tzay, regarding no coincidence, how true, above (re ivy ) is just another example of us receiving what we need when we are receptive to the powers that be.
THIS PLACE AND YOU ALL ARE WONDEROUS ! P.B
My heart (and being) felt thanks to the force(es) than bring me to share this site and journey with you all.

weichen

Post by weichen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:36 am

proudlybeing wrote:
weichen wrote

Suicidal person is always completely self absorbed (thinking about achieve the goals of little me, which is always much more difficult than giving and sharing). As soon as the focus detached from little me's self-abosorption and return back to sharing, mind resource is no longer stuck, life energy comes back.

There is another simpler and more cruel version of rephrasing: "suicide" is God's way of geting rid of people who are self absorbed.
As someone who has had many different experiences from personal (yes this was definetly a 'little me thing' to the suicide of my wifes twin sister, and other family members, and also being involved with what we call ' lifeline ' here in australia, (a 24 hr phone counceling service) as a counciler, , (unfortunatly my immediate area has the highest rate of attempted/ and actual suicides in Australia, (not proud) ) I feel that I must say that i do not agree with the "always" and "not giving and sharing" parts.
the reason I say this is yes, the overwhelming majority are as you say 'little me's' but I have experienced many situations where the person at risk, absolutely believes that it is in the interests of other people, (not just smoke and mirrors or benign justification) if they were to take their own lives. there are many examples of this that i could put forward, a terminally ill person who believes they are a burden, a person who has a history of violence against his/her own children or others
someone who has a family member or even just a friend desperatly needing an organ transplant etc, who are willing to take their own lives to enable the life of another to go on. (which is of course illegal but it does happen), often women suffering from P.N.D also believe that their suicide is the best thing for the child. there are many more examples i could put forward, some people will argue with my point of view, and thats totally cool, but some people in fact be so selfless that they will sacrafice themselves, for others.

As you can probably guess from this post, I find the last part of the above quote 'god's way of getting rid of etc' to be one of the most toxic things that i have ever read. however, this is based on my experiences,
and i do see the general idea behind it. (i just can't agree with it )
still, thats the whole idea of being seperate 'beings' and i applaude you for your convictions.

Thank you proudlybeing for the feedback. I feel the response from you is genuine, and thus I feel that I benefit significantly from your response.

Suicide is God's way of geting rid of people who are self absorbed. This statement can be further expanded to include depression due to nonstop thinking, as such deprssion is a form of chronic suicide. Each time, a depression flash through my mind, this statement immediately follow through. I see this statement (when used for myself, not against another person) as the most loving truth I have ever learned from life: it stops me from commiting chronic suicide, and it shows me the unconditional power (of giving love to others) I have from birth, I feel the purest and strongest love when I love other people (without wanting to get anything back). If this statement contains toxicity, it is probably due to its high destructive power towards old deeply entranched egoic habits.

proudlybeing

Post by proudlybeing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:00 am

weichen wrote ;-

Suicide is God's way of geting rid of people who are self absorbedThis statement can be further expanded to include depression due to nonstop thinking, as such deprssion is a form of chronic suicide. Each time, a depression flash through my mind, this statement immediately follow through. I see this statement (when used for myself, not against another person) as the most loving truth I have ever learned from life: it stops me from commiting chronic suicide, and it shows me the unconditional power (of giving love to others) I have from birth, I feel the purest and strongest love when I love other people (without wanting to get anything back). If this statement contains toxicity, it is probably due to its high destructive power towards old deeply entranched egoic habits.

Thankyou weichen for the clarification and helping me understand the context better. This for me is another example of why this forum is so wonderful. I absolutely do understand now where you are coming from, and i will share a little of my own experience with you , as the overall concept is similar.
I too have had a struggle with depression, and suicidal intentions,
so powerfull that my biggest worry was my mind, because I am someone who when I make my mind up about achieving something, am usually unstopable. this is great when you are being the watcher, but but as we know, once the ego takes over, look out !. Fortunatly for me, I still carried enough presence during this period of time, to be able to accept that when i was at the edge, to not make any decicions, and was thus able to keep myself safe. when however i was feeling a little more in control, then i would use my 'higher self' to protect my egoic self.
by this i mean that even though I was feeling a little better, i knew that the the depression etc was cyclic, and would be back, so i put into place things to help me stay safe. this included getting myself into the the system at the mental health clinic, not actually commiting myself as such, just putting me in the system as i knew from my past experiences with my wifes health that getting into the system when you are at your worst, can be destructive in itself, due to protocols and red tape etc.
Of course the doctors were not used to people doing things quite this way,
and said you do not need to be here, to which I said , No, not now,
but I need to have you ready for me if i do need to come in.

The reason i was worried @ the time was it was coming up to christmas and i had had some major life issues happen just before this time, I had realised that christmas was the most dangerous time for me, (loss loneliness , and my mother was very ill ) how did i get through it ? (this is where our paths cross weichen) I went to the local cemetary, and visited the grave of my wifes sister (suicide) , the graves of several other close friends, and most importantly, I spent considerable time at the graves of young children, thinking of the opportunitys lost, and the grief and endless sorrow of the familys involved. It was difficult of course, but the universe had instructed me that that was what was required.
When i told my phsycologist of what i had done, she nearly had a fit herself, but in the long term it helped her to understand me better .

Now at this point I want to say, that I do not suggest to anyone that they do what i have done, it was what was right for me, and I thank the powers that be for providing me with the answer , but this is a totally personal thing, as weichen, your own 'method' is right for you.
we sometimes just have to be mindfull of other peoples possible interpretations on such difficult subjects.

I trust that you did not take my comments personally, particually the 'toxic' bit, and I thankyou again for the clarification.
As a new member here I do feel now that (because you are a long term
subsciber, and have had many posts,) that most of the regular users probably understood your post better than i did, as they would be more familiar with you. (i am learning slowly), he he he :lol:

bless you all. P.B
My heart (and being) felt thanks to the force(es) than bring me to share this site and journey with you all.

weichen

Post by weichen » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:49 am

proundlybeing wrote:I trust that you did not take my comments personally, particually the 'toxic' bit, and I thankyou again for the clarification.
Hi, pb
I actually feels grateful to your post, particularly the "toxic" word. It shows me one potential general side effect of all spiritual teaching (and daily communication).

Spiritual teaching, especially those of short version (one sentence, or one phrase), can be seen as judgement (put down, non acceptance etc), thus triggering pain in some people. This pain can easily get in the way, and make the teaching/communication much less effective.

So I decide to expand and rephrase the original short version "Suicide is God's way of geting rid of people who are self absorbed" to include myself, so that this is no longer seen as finger pointing (judgement) toward other people. So this including myself (or use my own example) could be useful way to eliminate the misunderstanding in communication.

proudlybeing

Post by proudlybeing » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:01 am

All good weichen, all good
thankyou !