Special Type of Painbody: Fear of Success

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
weichen

Special Type of Painbody: Fear of Success

Post by weichen » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:32 pm

Success can lead to closure of some old unresolved thinking, this is the driving force on our path to external success. But success also leads to initiation of some new thinking and in certain situation, perceived future success can lead to too much thinking and make us uncomfortable. This is the fear of success.

We can deal with the fear of success exactly the same way we deal with any other painbody: be the awareness where fear arise. Within large scope awareness, the world of polarity (failure or success), while still exists, becomes a lot more neutral and gentle.

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:23 pm

We can deal with the fear of success exactly the same way we deal with any other painbody: be the awareness where fear arise. Within large scope awareness, the world of polarity (failure or success), while still exists, becomes a lot more neutral and gentle.
Can you elaborate Weichen?
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

weichen

Post by weichen » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:45 pm

Hi, yougarksooo

Do we always spend most of our time on the most important thing ? If the answer is no, then very likely, IMO, "fear of success in this material world" is happening subconsciously. We can handle some kind of material success, but not success at levels way above our comfort zone.

Material success above our comfort zone is the source of excessive thinking (and thus the source of pain). There are unlimited solution to bypass this "fear of success" roadblock. Disidentifying from this avoidance behavior (be the pure awareness) is just one valid way.

rosalind

Post by rosalind » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:36 am

Dear weichen :D
I know what you mean. Excessive thinking also occurs when you are not materially successful, but constantly have to think of how to cope financially. Financing my family together with my husband still take up a lot of thinking time.
Once I started worrying less about it and simply thinking less about it funnily enough our financal situation alleviated itself.
After reading Tolle I realized that I might need this tense financial situation right now and I just accept it as part of my way through life.
I also sometimes think of what it would be like to have a huge amount of money :D and often think that maybe there is a reason why I haven't. As you say having lots of money also means a bigresponsibility.
Eg. I am quite glad that I haven't got expensive jewellery. As I tend to lose jewellery regularly I would constantly have to worry about losing it.
I believe that you are in the financial situation that you need for your personal development on your path through life and also spiritual life.
Rosalind :wink: