Something interesting

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Postby phil » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:16 am

OK RC, I can hear some of what you're saying.

I like to use nature rather than any book as my reference point. In nature we see a balance of creation and destruction. So if we see nature as the body of God, there does appear to be more to God than "chocolate milk waterfalls". (a great phrase!)

So perhaps we can jointly acknowledge the masculine destructive aspects of God/Nature.

But there is a time and a place for everything, and for most of us as developing human beings, this time and place is about nuturing health and life.

I simply ask you, which human gender has a more impressive track record in this arena?
phil
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Gainesville Florida USA

Postby rockchuk » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:15 am

phil wrote:OK RC, I can hear some of what you're saying.

I like to use nature rather than any book as my reference point. In nature we see a balance of creation and destruction. So if we see nature as the body of God, there does appear to be more to God than "chocolate milk waterfalls". (a great phrase!)

So perhaps we can jointly acknowledge the masculine destructive aspects of God/Nature.

But there is a time and a place for everything, and for most of us as developing human beings, this time and place is about nuturing health and life.

I simply ask you, which human gender has a more impressive track record in this arena?


Phil, I'm so sorry that I didn't make myself clearer that in that entire post I was trying to be funny. It was total sarcasm. I aplogize for not making that clearer. My Lord, you must think I really am a fundie of the worst sort! lol. Sorry about that.
I agree with you 100%. The whole concept that God is a male, or female for that matter, is a crock. The Hebrew language (and culture) is quite masculine, however, I do understand that God was conceived as femine as well at times, such as the name, El Shaddai, which supposedly means 'the many breasted one'.

But Christianity in particular has oppressed the Woman through the ages, and justifying doing so by using a crape load of Bible scripture. It is a crime, for sure, but that's the way it is, and now it seems we are awakening from that particular stupor.

And I also agree with you 100% about discovering God via nature. I do not recall even one of the many sermons I've heard in my life, but I do remember many times when I connected with the the Divine through nature. Great talking with you, as always......
[/b]
rockchuk
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:53 am

Postby phil » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:10 am

rockchuk wrote: El Shaddai, which supposedly means 'the many breasted one'.


Alright! Finally someone brings up a religion I might actually join! :-)

And, in reading that last statement, which couldn't be more representative of male consciousness, we see yet again why putting men on the pedestal of guru leadership is a dubious practice. :-)

Seriously, I'm not focused on women as victims, or in men bashing. I just think we're missing the boat by continuing a male dominated leadership system, in religion and otherwise, that is a relic of the past.

Men were best suited to the world behind us, women are best suited to the world ahead. It's in our interest to recognize that and work with it.

rockchuk wrote: I do not recall even one of the many sermons I've heard in my life, but I do remember many times when I connected with the the Divine through nature.


Interesting way to put it!
phil
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Gainesville Florida USA

Postby be-lank » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:43 pm

Phil Quote:

"Men were best suited to the world behind us, women are best suited to the world ahead. It's in our interest to recognize that and work with it."


Mmmmmmmmm Yummmmmy


Thanks buddyl! I'm putting that one next to the cannon!


(JOKE!!!!!!!)
be-lank
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:50 pm

Postby Mal2 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:47 am

Given the fact that the first account of Jesus of Nazareth's life wasn't written down until 40 years or more after his death I wouldn't be too sure that these things actually happened.

I don't completely discount anything that later became the 4 Gospels. I just keep a very open mind about it all.

I don't believe that Jesus had anything that the rest of us can't reach. To worship Jesus the man is not what he would have wanted from my understanding of his teachings.

Much like Eckhart he points to a deeper reality that is within everyone of us.

In my opinion all religions point to this same TRUTH so it is unimportant whether you follow Jesus, Buddha or Mohammed or No One in fact, just as long as you keep looking within.


rockchuk wrote:until Eckhart comes to the place of healing the sick and raising the dead at will. :D .....
Mal2
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:47 am

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests