What do I Know Without Thinking ?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
weichen

What do I Know Without Thinking ?

Post by weichen » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:34 am

In one of Eckhart's audio tape, he suggested that we ask ourselves "what do I know without thinking?" when facing difficult life situations.

Regardless what life challenge we have (health, money, relationship, emotion, etc), usually we know a lot without thinking, and the knowing is immediately available. The right plan, action automatically come.

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:23 am

Regardless what life challenge we have (health, money, relationship, emotion, etc), usually we know a lot without thinking, and the knowing is immediately available. The right plan, action automatically come.
Yes, and this can't be known through thinking. We have to experience this.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:00 pm

What I mean to say is that even your conclusion itself can't be known through thinking. I mean its a reporting of sorts. And it's useful in that way. But to know what you are saying is to allow this alive knowing to happen in each moment. The difference between accumulated knowledge and active inquiry.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya

rosalind

Post by rosalind » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:29 pm

When I am in a situation I don't really want to be in I often -out of false sense of obligation -go ahead with it and am unhappy in it.
Recently I have discovered though that I say things that would be right for me in that situations out loud anyway in phrases like: I wish.. , If only..., ....that would be nice.
However, I don't allow myself to listen to these suggestions, since through convention or -to quote ET - the human condition they seem wrong
( like: I must go and see aunt ... today otherwise she would be sad or offended, even though I am too tired and not at all in the mood. Or: I can't ask my boss for something, he has just done me a favour, even though it would be the right thing now..)
Sometimes when I am unhappy and things don't seem to be right for me my husband asks me what would be right for me now and when I answer straight away without thinking the right things come out anyway.

:idea: So the answer is definitely always lurking within us and the wrong decisions are only made when you start thinking too much. :D

weopposedeception

Post by weopposedeception » Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:47 am

I've been through a lot of terrible experiences in my life. Fortunately none of them ever occurred.