Could Jesus beat Eckhart in arm wrestling?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Postby be-lank » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:40 pm

"Your egg reminded me of my Dad."

Well, that explains everything.

Phil, your post was enjoyable, and well-received. But reading just that line- I almost fell off my chair! It tickled me no end.

Thank-you!
be-lank

Postby heidi » Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Oh, and thanks, Phil for the kind words. Feels good to know my little eggs help you see your dad in a special way. I am a very scattered individual doing so many different tasks at any given time, and yes, those eggs take their own time and hang on this contraption I made across the middle of my long dining table until they are done (which has to be before Satutrday when I must clear the table for the feast...) :D
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby spatialbean » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:52 pm

Clare,

I'm as bad as you! I'm staring at Heidi's (amazing, adorable, incredible) eggs looking and looking to find an apple or a star and wondering what the heck you two are talking about. Then I carefully, with PRESENCE, re-read your post and go "ohhhhhhhhhh".

Yeah, those are apples, silly.

Phil, very cute about your dad. Yeah, get those figures out and build a display!

Love,
me
spatialbean

Postby phil » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:05 pm

be-lank wrote:"Your egg reminded me of my Dad."
Well, that explains everything.

Hilarious! And you'd have to know how very similar my Dad and I are to know how pithy and pointed your "that explains everything" crack really is. :-)

Seriously, observing how like our parents we often are can be a good way to take some of the steam out of the ego-centric "my story". Is my story really my story if it was all handed to me on a platter before I was born?

Well, who cares, I now return to observing my eggness.
phil

Postby rockchuk » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:29 am

Cool, Heidi, thanks for posting that pic. Nice work.....
rockchuk

Postby phil » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:00 am

heidi wrote:Feels good to know my little eggs help you see your dad in a special way.

I am the eggman, I am the walrus, koo-koo, achoo.... (feeding the be-lanker beast here)

Yes Heidi, and it helps me see myself differently as well. I'm a carbon copy of my Dad in so many ways.

My Dad was more interested in social/political topics than spiritual. He was very open minded and even read some Krishnamurti, but like so many in his generation, he walked away from religion, which in his world was defined by traditional Catholicism.

So I always thought that "be-here-now" was one of the few areas where we were different.

But it just dawned on me today that a whole lot of be-here-now was involved in the thousands of hours he put in such painstaking attention to his crafts. He just didn't call it that, or think of it that way, as you and I would. Sometimes one needs to crawl out of one's own paradigms, and see people as they are, within the context of their own life.

Thanks again Heidi, your eggs have opened a new door on my Dad's miniatures, which are the physical part of him that remains in my possession. From here out, when I revisit his work, I'll think less of everything he said about them, and more about how he actually made them.
phil

Postby Clare » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:47 am

spatialbean wrote:Clare,

Then I carefully, with PRESENCE, re-read your post and go "ohhhhhhhhhh".

Yeah, those are apples, silly.

You'll need a lot more than presence to make sense of some of my posts, Claudia. :)

And, yes, those are apples, I can see that. It's just that my humungous ego turned them into gold stars. Caused a complete flip in reality - just like it always does.

And yes, I am silly.
It's true, and I'm glad it's out.

Clare, the senior member of a thousand gold stars, and three apples.
Clare

Postby Clare » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:49 am

be-lank wrote:" At least somebody bake a pie!

ROFL :lol:

Heidi'll do it. She can do anything.
Clare

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion