Postby Clare » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:04 pm

Katiebug wrote:Let this spirit shine through this form
Dance together

That's really lovely.
8)
Clare

Postby Katiebug » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:24 pm

Clare,

I just noticed that you are from London. Are you from there? I love how everyone is from different places on here. :lol:
Katiebug

Postby Clare » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:24 am

Hi Katie,

Yup. London born and bred. All my family on both sides come from the East End, but my mum and dad moved out to Essex when Essex was a place for Cockneys trying to lose their roots and their accents(it's not now, I hasten to add - far from it) and we were brought up in relative countryside before they built Essex up with housing estates. The pull of London got me back there by the time I was twenty two, though. I've lived here ever since: first north, and then east - not far from where my mum and dad grew up.

But, I've tired of London -- and next year I am moving to France!

Thanks for asking.

Where are you from?
Clare

Postby Katiebug » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:32 am

Clare,

You are moving to France huh? How lucky :o and not fair. I guess anywhere sounds good to me though, because Im not exactly bored of the (southeast) US but sometimes it would be nice to see more of the world. I always wanted to see London too. My two favorite movies are Amelie and Under the Tuscan Sun. One is in France and one in Italy. Beautiful on TV :D Do you know French?
Katiebug

Postby Clare » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:40 pm

Hi Katie,

I think America is such a huge country and of such richness and diversity, I reckon you have just as much adventure waiting on your doorstep as you would have by coming to Europe. One of my dreams is to one day tour America by self-drive mobile home.

That said, London does seem to be loved by many overseas visitors, and I guess I've lived here all my life and therefore take it for granted.Paris is a beauitful city. I've only even been to the Dolomites in Italy, but it is sweetly rustic and the people are lovely. All worth experiencing.

I speak some French, but not nearly well enough. There are different degrees of knowing French, and mine is pretty basic. I hope this changes really fast once we get there! :shock:
Clare

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion