Work situation

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Sw Anand Devagni.

Work situation

Post by Sw Anand Devagni. » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi all,

People at work now know that I am into Taosim, etc. as a blog I wrote was made public, which was unbeknownst to me. I am quite angry about this, and feel vulnerable, even though there is no immediate attack or danger.

What should I do? Just observe this as part of the ego, etc?

Hope you can help.

Many thanks.

D.

suraj

Re: work situation

Post by suraj » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:01 pm

Yes, I can relate to that. Even I browse this forum not quite openly at office . Because I am not really ready to answer anybody about it. I guess it's all the image we have created of ourselves to confirm to the society.
Honestly I wouldn't know how to react in the situation you find yourself in.
I AM

mikel

Post by mikel » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:55 pm

I was wondering without thinking, how does one observe this as part of the ego?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:55 pm

Sw Anand Devagni wrote:People at work now know that I am into Taosim, etc. as a blog I wrote was made public, which was unbeknownst to me. I am quite angry about this, and feel vulnerable, even though there is no immediate attack or danger.

Accept your new status. This type of event can be a stepping stone to letting go of past attachments, and offers opportunities for more genuine presence. No need to prove anything or change your co-workers, but stand your ground of who you are. If you are concerned about the acceptance of those around you, it misses the point of awakening to truth.

astaroth

Post by astaroth » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:09 pm

Even if it's not you who is afraid about the reactions of others, don't proof yourself "I can give a shit on what anyone thinks about me!"
Just observe how your "me idea" is afraid. Don't change anything about it. It will loose it's weight, it's seriousity and maybe you find yourself caring less and less about it.

asta
...you might remember me from such educational films as "Zen for couch-potatoes - The wisdom of never doing anything" or "Buddha from da hood - Was he a brother?"

Larryfroot

Post by Larryfroot » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:52 am

Firstly you are nervous and possibly a bit angry as well. I must admit to being interested in why such an outing of your personal and - to all intents and purposes - harmless interests should possess threat or danger of some sort. However these things can often be a blessing in disguise. Everyone has interests outside of work, and seeing as yours implies health, balance and harmony that can reflect well on you. Not everyone will have interests that lend themselves to qualities that are there to be admired.

But there is also an opportunity here. And that is forgiveness. For as long as we fail to forgive, we are bound by our past and the events in them. The opposite of forgiveness is resentment, and that is such a dangerous poison, for unlike anger it can hide in the background of our thinking for decades if we let it. The ego loves resentment and the non-forgiveness it implies as it divides and alienates people, and the ego feels more defined and more real through opposition. More opposition there is, the more puffed-up the ego becomes.

Forgiveness is a liberation from the past. It has its roots in understanding that today is different, and that peace can never be found. the very act of searching for it destroys the very peace we are looking for! Peace however, is accepted. In fact perfect peace is perfect acceptance. None of us can turn the clock back. But do we accept this and find that through our acceptance a peace that itself is the bedrock of a greater happiness, one that arises from within? And from that peace comes forgiveness. Because once peace is accepted as right here, right now in the acceptance of what we cannot change, then forgiveness blossoms. If only through one simple question. Is the issue that has come about really worth losing your peace of mind over?

So much time energy, and money is thrown at our collective quest for peace. We are encouraged to find it here or buy it from there. Yet that which we most desire and need is simply sat within our hearts, waiting for the search to end, waiting to be noticed through the noise of desire and need. Acceptance is so simple, and yet so powerful. The moving hand having writ, moves on. None of our tears and entreaties shall change a letter of it. So what else is there at this point except a choice between resistance against that which has been done and is unchangeable, and acceptance wherein the blessing of forgiveness resides in the freedom within its open embrace?

Every moment we are presented with this choice. It is entirely your decision where you wish this experience of betrayal to lead you to. But peace, my friend is only ever one thought away. That's all. Just one single thought away. And that flimsy, insubstantial veil is dissolved in acceptance and the forgiveness that arises from it.

And then we discover there is so much to forgive, in ourselves as much as in others. And each forgiveness is a moment of love, acceptance and peace. I wish you every happiness, and hope that this experience can be the catalyst for much joy. For pleasures come in from the outside, but joy...well joy can only arise from the heart and radiate outwards, and its lifeblood is the peace of acceptance and forgiveness.
Many a mickle muches a markle.

goatboy

Post by goatboy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:32 am

Sw Anand Devagni. wrote:Hi all,

People at work now know that I am into Taosim, etc. as a blog I wrote was made public, which was unbeknownst to me. I am quite angry about this, and feel vulnerable, even though there is no immediate attack or danger.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks.

D.
this is a good situation to use acceptance, and the powerful ´it is as it is´. The blog has been made public, you cannot change that. Your mind would like to change what is, but it can´t so it creates pain.

starshine

Post by starshine » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:52 am

Hope you can help.

Many thanks.

D.
For me anger is not an feeling, but a reaction. It can hide hurt, powerlessness, fear, and other less acceptable societal feelings as a cover to steer me away from what really bothers me. Of course, my reaction would not be yours. So only you can resolve the feeling accurately. This is an opportunity for growth (by discovering something about yourself) or an opportunity to go deeper into unconsciousness by ignoring it or stengthening it with worry or more upsets.

One response would be to ask myself - "People now know that I am into Taosim, why does that upset me? Answer is X. "People think I am X, why does that upset me?" Answer is Y. People think I am Y, why does that upset me? etc. Do this until you get to the end of the chain (say 10 times). At that point one could ask some different questions. Is this really objectively true? Could I take action to prevent what I fear happening? How would someone else deal with this exact situation? Might there be some positive things come out of this in the long run? In ten years will I even remember this event? etc.

The world is neutral, but our reactions to what is past (or future for that matter), are not. Those reactions are subjective - without us present they would not exist. You seem to be judging the situation pretty harshly. Perhaps you should wait until there is an immediate attack or danger to take action against that attack. Certainly you can not defend yourself against non-attacks - that is only inside your mind at this time as I understand your comments. The pain comes by reacting to something that has not yet happened.

Hoping to help.

Santal

Post by Santal » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:42 pm

Hope you can help.

Many thanks.

D.
The Tao cannot stop laughing at you. Please join in the uproarious laughter!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Sw Anand Devagni. wrote:a blog I wrote was made public, which was unbeknownst to me.
It seems to me that when you posted your blog on the internet, you made it public. So, aren't you supposed to be angry at yourself?