Meditation ~ How to do on a daily basis

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Nebula

Meditation ~ How to do on a daily basis

Post by Nebula » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:05 am

Hi,
I have been attending a weekly meditation session which lasts an hour. I have also been attempting to bring more mindfulness into everyday life, but I find my mind is always seeking distraction. I have tried (not very hard) to meditate in the formal sense, in my room, but I either become tired/bored/unsure.
So, i've decided I want to use a CD as a guide, it doesn't need to be a CD where the person is talking continuously, it could just be occasional prompts....eg "bring your attention back to the breath"
There are so many guided meditations out there, (none by Eckhart i've seen?) and i'd like one that is compatible with his teachings, watching the thinker/breath/body awareness etc, I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion?
Thanks.
"If it is the quality of your consciousness at this moment that determines the future, then what is it that determines the quality of your consciousness? Your degree of presence"

Webwanderer

Re: Meditation ~ How to do on a daily basis

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Try Adyashant's "True Meditation", highly recommended.

Ang

Post by Ang » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 pm

Hi Julia,

I am in the same boat as you with regards to meditating at the moment! Its frustrating sometimes isnt it?! I have also tried to search for some quality guided mediatations but have not found any. I did try a free demo from a website called Meditainment, but they engage your imagination into relaxing! It was quite good though! :P

I shall try Adyashanti's meditation soon...

fifi

Post by fifi » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:39 am

Just feel everything :D