when tolle won 100 000

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Oswald2001

Re: when tolle won 100 000

Post by Oswald2001 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:27 pm

Guidance, gut, instinct, intuition, doors opening, doors closing, illumination, understanding, vision, seeing, etc.

All the great Stock Market traders have it and use it.

To me, living 'effortlessly' through following intuition is the "Garden of Eden" experience.

To be totally 'in the flow' with The Universe sure beats the "by the sweat of your brow" approach.

People that live on the OTHER side of the Great Divide exhibit such an alignment with The Universe.

In fact, this alignment...or lack of it...is what 'everything' is about.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:31 pm

That makes a lot of sense to highlight the concpet of cheating with the concepts of good or bad luck, no won.

I see what you are saying now. The human brain has been proven to compulsively look for patterns and meaning. I would assume these are patterns within our own egoic construct and sphere. On the other hand I believe we miss meta-patterns, those that flow beyond, our ego and may appear incomprehensible or may not appear at all. But they are there.

Maybe people like ET see this big picture or simply respond to the pattern naturally. Looks like cheating, magic, good luck to the rest of us, but just the right thing to do to ET.
Be present, be pleasant.

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Pattern Recognition versus Inspiration

Pattern Recognition = 'inside the box'

Inspiration = 'outside the box'

Tolle could not have utilized Pattern Recognition when buying a Lotto ticket. It could only have been blind luck or Inspiration.

If Tolle had bought tickets based on blind luck, he would not have won and we would not be discussing this story.

Tolle followed the impulse of Inspiration.

"The Universe loves to create."

-- E. Tolle

Sw Anand Devagni.

Post by Sw Anand Devagni. » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:32 pm

I think I'm coming to a realisation at the moment where I have been cheating the Present - or at least trying to.

D.

no won

Post by no won » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:56 pm

Tolle followed the impulse of Inspiration

Not trying to be picky here but, following impulses implies separation not inspiration. To follow one must be seperate, to be inspired one must be inspired from source that is other. The simple answer, its the result of Being in the moment, not waiting or looking for inspiration or good luck but simple presence in buying a lotto ticket.

Recently I had a little understanding that may well be appropriate here.

We cannot Know the divine plan ( the universes plan, God's plan or destiny, take a pick ) so what is there left to do then ?????

Be, Be the divine plan. Thats it, right at this moment, this is the divine plan, happy, sad sick healthy, buying a lotto ticket and having a Win.

When its known this IS, NOW is the plan what can go wrong, it may seem to, thats part of the plan also. What has luck, effort, searching, becoming got to do with anything. Thats the mind wanting to make its own plan, a seperate plan for who ?? you said it "me"

Ecky bought a lotto ticket because he is also the plan, so move within the plan, not resiting it, cooperate not anticipate, TRUST the plan, does trust keep asking similar questions with different words ? Love trusts unquestionably,.. yes,..Trust Now. Thats the plan be that and Love has room to flow freely.

Oswald2001

Post by Oswald2001 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:51 pm

no won wrote:
Tolle followed the impulse of Inspiration

Not trying to be picky here but, following impulses implies separation not inspiration. To follow one must be seperate, to be inspired one must be inspired from source that is other. The simple answer, its the result of Being in the moment, not waiting or looking for inspiration or good luck but simple presence in buying a lotto ticket.
Inspired means 'breathed from within' or 'the spirit from within'. Not a separation at all. In fact, quite the opposite.

It means that you are in alignment with The Universe, God's plan, etc. It means that The Universe is the wind that fills your sails and carries you along. It is the epitome of NON-separation.

When you are in alignment, anything can happen. Anything from the ho-hum...to the miraculous.

Alignment is all about NOT being separate. It is about being in harmony with the unfolding birthed by The Universe.

Sw Anand Devagni.

Post by Sw Anand Devagni. » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 pm

This reminds me of Rajneesh and the whole Rollys Royce thing. When someone does something out of the ordinary, people get jealous.

He (Osho) was just making people aware of their pain-bodies. It seems mostly people didn't get it.

It seems ludicrous to me to judge Eckhart for buying a lottery ticket, presumably on the spurious premiss that 'spiritual' people are inherently other-worldly, i.e. don't have material needs.

I've said it before - all Buddhas need to shit.

D.

no won

Post by no won » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:03 pm

Inspired means 'breathed from within' or 'the spirit from within'. Not a separation at all. In fact, quite the opposite.
You are missing the point here. If one is waiting/looking/wanting/hoping for inspiration, it implies no trust that it will be there when required or that it will pass by unnoticed. Spirit within, breathed within, I can't say I know this within ("me") stuff but I do know there is only This, so no need to talk of seperation, however if its only within that smacks of specialness and seperation.
It means that you are in alignment with The Universe, God's plan, etc.
Did I not say "BE" the plan, God's plan I am saying aligment too. This is so unreal, is it just arguement yuo want ? because I'm not interested. I do not understand what point is being made here.
The Universe is the wind that fills your sails and carries you along. It is the epitome of NON-separation.
What the here,and I have to say " who" is this "you" that the universe fills sails with wind for. Just come into Now, no waiting for wind to fill your sails here to carry "you" along. Along where, to where, whats wrong with here, whats wrong with Now that sails and wind is required. It does sound nice ! to the mind I guess.
When you are in alignment, anything can happen. Anything from the ho-hum...to the miraculous.
When you are in aligment, does that mean sometimes you are not in alignment because that allows for separation my friend. Ho-hum to miraculous.... I Am the miraculous there is no room for ho-hum when the is only the miraclous.
Alignment is all about NOT being separate. It is about being in harmony with the unfolding birthed by The Universe.
Alignment is about unalignment, if there is one you got the other and that a concept right there again. Being in harmony is alignment/unalignment again. There is only BEING, is that not Harmonious enough. Wouldn't you rather be the HARMONY that IS instead of " being in the harmony ".. if you can be in you can also be out, out of tune, out of step, out of key, out of beats, out of time, (timing).

Be the Harmony that IS and all the above disappears.

This is my last comment on this thread. What is the point when its twisted around as above. Thank you.
Oswald, you are welcome to respond to the above but I'm not interested in pushing a point and the above is to clarify for others,.. maybe. Thats it. Nothing left to offer here. Thanks

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Maybe i did not make myself clear enough Sri, my intention was to provoke discussion about this subject not to judge Tolle, i do not intend to judge one of the least judgmental people on the planet.
Free of need to be Free.

heidi

Post by heidi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:00 am

Discerning the difference between mind-made and spirit-brought is an interesting thing (is not your mind also part and parcel of the whole wonderful contraption of being? No, it's not "you," your body isn't "you" but it's there to serve you if you let it, and you wouldn't be writing at this forum if you weren't manifested in it).
I am happy to report that I often act instantly upon intuition and things happen like magic. :) People say, where do you find all the time to do what you do, when in fact I'm a lucky slacker!
Now, the ego likes to give the mind credit for such successes, and in a small ways it can, because you allowed spirit to move through you. You heard the whisper and acted. If we are still enough (or even raving action figures with monkey minds like me) we hear the whisper of intuition, and allow it, act upon it, and voila!
Grace even happens :D
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

no won

Post by no won » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:08 am

To Quote no won
Was this a great question or what. Its opened my eyes
Maybe i did not make myself clear enough Sri
I AM NOT taking " personal" delivery of this, as everthing I write is NOT parrotted from books or learned from "other", its is what is KNOWN and IS Experienced in this Being, Its that plain and simple, only the words get in the way.

The bible advises, look it up for confirmation. Its something like.... " never cast your pearls in the dust to be trampled underfoot" Pearls of wisdom/insight, trampled underfoot, by egos, in the dust, its all only dust.
my intention was to provoke discussion
Provoke ego I say,... probably only your own, take a look please.

It also says the signs are nigh ( everywhere ) to the ego this prometes fear... What it is saying is the Pointers are everywhere and "there are none so blind as those who will Not see". For those that make parrotting their authority, that is ego asserting its percieved authority and needing to put substance in there by parrotting a Master.

I Am so happy to say that i know NOTHING. I didn't write a thing, it appeared on the screen. I only observed,.. and the most obvious thing I see here is ( for those making genuine enquiry, only ) There is no one else here and this is all a game, peppared with snide subtle remarks, to stimulate ego,..( not just here in this thread either ) probably aimed at " whomever" takes the bate, ha ha ! When its seen through, is there much point in Playing anymore. Have fun and argue with yourself its very very hilarous to observe. Meanwhile I ,Am free to laugh whole heartedly. WHY because I AM. No wonder E.T. chuckles so much, its all a game and he's having a blast in the role.Good on him.lol

NOW I CAN SAY I KNOW NO-THING." My TIME " posting on the forumn is at an end.
Last edited by no won on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:12 am

you are just trying to be special no won, you think you are tolle. :) bro you speak of yourself as some sort of prophet :)
tell me honestly and i doubt you will, do you think you dwell in true presence?
all i see is retaliation, bitterness and sarcasm.
if you were really enlightened you would probably leave forum like Seancho.
Free of need to be Free.

no won

Post by no won » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:15 am

Okay Brams, I was just about to log off and I saw this and I will answer as best I can before I go.
you are just trying to be special no won
I did try to be and think I'm special back in the day, don't we all at some point. Life has shown me otherwise. I'm not special. I'm very ordinary on the surface and that surface disguises a lot of suffering. Is this honest enough for you and if it helps someone I will put out whats here. Parrotting books is not it. I live it and feel it and when there is suffering there is no safety net, this IS IT, So I live through it and sometimes there comes an inspration at the other side. This is what i try then share. I think I have been wrong to do that.
tell me honestly and i doubt you will, do you think you dwell in true presence?
Yes, I live presence, and nothing is excluded pain bliss whatever IS. Where is there NOT presence.?
tell me honestly
I have been honest the whole time, its not recognised, it is frustrating, and most don't like my real honesty in the real ( apparently real ) world. I call a spade a spade thats it.
all i see is retaliation, bitterness and sarcasm.
How strange is that, because thats all I see in your post too. There is none of that here towards anyone. I may sound forcefull its not intended, so appologies there. Its my condition ing and I want to cut through the crap and jargon and that may seem impatient, I have no time for spiritual specialness.
if you were really enlightened you would probably leave forum like Seancho.
Why do you put seancho in the mix. I never and do not claim to be enlightened, in fact I'm not and that is my claim. I 'm here to try help another in a similar circumstance as 'me' and it so easy to recognise this particular pain. I pour out what IS here in that may be helpfull in a little way. As I said before if my friend needs a kick in the ass I'll give him one to wake himup or snap him out of it. I see no difference to what I'm doing here.
But when a lot of what I write seems to be twisted around with snide remarks thrown in I know its a waste of time etc.
You twisted my reason fro leaving and for even being on the forumn. If I'm really enlightened then I SHOULD leave the forumn like Seancho ( your authority )

There is no enlightenment dude.

I offer you the same challenge Brahm and anyone else to be honest, spill the beans, can you be openly honest and take the flake that follows. I find it hard to take the flake and this is the reason for my departure. I speak/write simply, and ordinary from MY OWN KNOWN truth. This was my only outlet to those ends, thats over ( i think ) Maybe I'm not supposed to say anything at all about it, and there is a lot I could share but I will not Now. Even here at home after 2 years no one wants to know. This is my honesty here. Twist it which ever way you want, I don't care anymore,.. Oh! no malice was ever intended in my posts, as I said it my impatience showing. Sorry !

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:02 pm

You are feeling useful giving "advice" and not being a parroting fool unlike other egos :), but you never experienced true love? How strange is that someone who never felt true love and total acceptance of life, with words full of bitterness and negativity, wants to givie great spiritual advice on this special forum. If you come from that place of love and peace i doubt your would sound so stressed, cynical and bitter. You would sound calm, healed, loving.
Free of need to be Free.

no won

Post by no won » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 pm

:roll: