Tolle to teach on Oprah.com

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
kiki

Tolle to teach on Oprah.com

Post by kiki » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:59 am

I just caught the end of Oprah today (Jan. 30) and she recommended people read A New Earth as part of her book club and then participate in a 10 week "class" led by ET on Oprah.com. He will be available for live interaction, answering questions submitted to her site. It will be interesting to see what happens after ET becomes more known through this event.

http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

summer

Re: Tolle to teach on Oprah.com

Post by summer » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:28 am

That should be a very interesting program indeed.

I can only imagine how this might effect life on our little planet Earth, but it could be really, really, really good news. :D

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:21 am

Eckhart is already well known, but this is going to catapult him into the stratosphere! I went out to Oprah's site a little while ago to see if I could register for the class, instead I found a message saying registration had been shut down due to high demand following today's show. They are working to fix the problem as soon as possible. :D

I've wondered before why Oprah didn't choose The Power of Now for her book club, since she has said she kept it on her nightstand and read it cover to cover eight times. I guess planet Earth wasn't ready for it yet, but now it is. It will indeed be interesting to see what happens.
Rubicon

Zanne

Post by Zanne » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:35 pm

I, too, learned of this last night. Retired to the source full of excitement... another way of the universe showing the masses, the way... Eckhart has said that there is a shift happening... what a wave we will be riding...

Peace

Zan

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:56 am

what a wave we will be riding...
Maybe we will be the wave.
Be present, be pleasant.

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:34 am

http://www2.oprah.com/index.jhtml

Their class/discussion will commence Monday, March 3 and will continue once a week on each succeeding Monday evening (I'm not sure about the time) for 10 weeks, with each class devoted to one chapter. If you want to participate you must register; do that by clicking on the above link. I don't know if registration is limited, so just in case, register early. It may take some time because I sense a lot of people will be trying to do the same thing.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:01 am

From the Oprah.com website:
Are You Ready to Be Awakened?
For the first time ever, you can join Oprah and best-selling author Eckhart Tolle as they teach A New Earth in Oprah's worldwide classroom live Monday nights on Oprah.com.

By reserving your seat for this 10-week interactive webinar, you'll be able to:

* Watch and participate in the live classroom webcasts
* Ask Oprah and Eckhart questions before and during class
* Connect with others who are seeking to become more aware of themselves—and the world around them
* Download and save your thoughts in an exclusive workbook
* Access the classroom video archives…and more!

Reserve your seat now and find out what you need for the first class on Monday night, March 3, at 9/8c.
(Eastern Standard Time)

mistral

Post by mistral » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Do you think that this is part of a grand collective awakening? My friend William Samuel, who was quite prophetic, said, exactly as Tolle has said, that we are in the 'throws' of a big time shift in consciouness. I am posting here some words written 1986, now they seem to pertain to how Oprah is helping 'the enlightenment' along in sharing Eckharts work with so many millions. This is written by William Samuel and if comes from a book of his "The Awareness of Self-Discovery:

"The "final days" (and this is all that is significantly meant by those ominous words) is the arrival of the world's final enlightenment. These days are in progress already. The light is dawning because it is already here. New ideas are coming into focus and old landmarks are passing away. Cherished notions, some the very pillars of society, are being shaken to the roots. We are finding most of them built on sand.

Many institutions charged with the revelation of God, Truth, Reality, are found not to be giving freedom to their charges but withholding it; not dispensing Light, but darkness; not unbinding men, but shackling them; not seeking out the new Rays of Light and investigating them impartially, but, for conscious or unconscious reason of self-preservation, doing everything in their power to keep new Light from being seen--for fear, say they, their present Light will be adulterated. As if the Truth needed protection!

Oh, but let it be understood, these very institutions are a blessing and they are serving a most necessary purpose.

How could we know that Identity is Omniscience itself without first attempting to place that omniscience "out there" in a bible or institution or philosophy?

How would we learn beyond all doubt that Light itself is being our Identity without first living the futility and impossibility of a weary traveler trying to reach the Light?

So now, to make this statement from still another direction: We come to see the Light which reveals that we are the Light. I have found that acting this Identity "on faith" first helped disclose the Light-I-am that removes every doubt. And this Light of Self-discovery blooms in illumination and insight--fragile, fragrant, and flowery display of beauty and love divine. Sparks! Enthusiasm! Zest! Strength and youth flooding back! The bloom of Light Divine--the simple Love that is Identity, revealed.

Excerpt From The Awareness of Self-Discovery
By William Samuel

Love and Wonders Be, Mistral
Last edited by mistral on Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiki

Post by kiki » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:49 am

Well, if Oprah's website is to have an effective impact something will need to be done first about accessibility. Currently it is incredibly slow at this early date prior to live discussions, so I can't imagine what it will be like on March 3 (well, yes I can). I hope something can be done to accommodate the huge influx of people wanting to access it at the same time. I am afraid that a lot of people are going to be left standing on the outside in frustration as it locks up totally.
---

heidi

Post by heidi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:38 pm

Now now, Kiki, that is extremely not nowish thinking! :lol:
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

mistral

Post by mistral » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Yes, don't worry about, the Light of Intelligence can handle this, knowing just what to do.....It will all work out just fine...And Love, being That Which YOU Are, always finds a way.

Mistral

Intel

Post by Intel » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:35 pm

Why is Oprah going to teach? I'm sure she has a lot of egoic problems in her own life right now, how is she meant to guide the rest of us?
I would lick your feet, but is that the sickest move?

Ives

Post by Ives » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Intel wrote: How is Oprah meant to guide the rest of us?
Eckhart will be pointing to Oprah and saying: "This is how not to be".

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:22 am

I really don't care whether or not I'll be able to get on during the "big event", but I don't want to see people who are struggling to understand Tolle become discouraged should they have problems with accessibility. They may view such an event as "vital", not realizing they really need nothing, but most aren't ready to hear that yet. What they already have with whatever books or tapes they have is more than enough to trigger presence. I think that the event taking place is itself an indication of an ever increasing flowering, so it would be nice to be a witness to such an historical event.

My guess is that Oprah's role will probably be more like a moderator, and help to apply ET's insights to things her fans can relate to, but who knows at this point. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
---

Foxtrot

Post by Foxtrot » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:26 am

Well, if Oprah's website is to have an effective impact something will need to be done first about accessibility. Currently it is incredibly slow at this early date prior to live discussions, so I can't imagine what it will be like on March 3 (well, yes I can). I hope something can be done to accommodate the huge influx of people wanting to access it at the same time. I am afraid that a lot of people are going to be left standing on the outside in frustration as it locks up totally.
I agree. I do not think her people have any idea of the amount of bandwidth they are going to need, based on how slow and sometimes offline the sign up page has been on several occassions this week. I would have liked to see her do actual shows rather than the webcasts. I am sure this will be wonderful also. Arrive early. :D

By the way for those that may have missed it, there is a viewer that needs to be downloaded and installed to view this webcast. If you go to this site: http://www.oprah.com/obc_classic/webcas ... h_main.jsp, sign in, and you will be taken to a page about the event. If you look in the right hand column, the last thing you will see is a box that says something to the affect of - What you will need to view the webcast. They tell you about the player you will need and have a link to the download and install.
Last edited by Foxtrot on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.