Tolle to teach on Oprah.com

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
summer

Re: Tolle to teach on Oprah.com

Post by summer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:56 am

I am really excited about this class too. I think that Oprah will be playing the role of the host, and that Eckhart is playing the role of the teacher.

From my perspective, it is already happening now, and it is wonderful to see that so many people are interested. Already over 100, 000 people have signed up for the class. It looks like the Oprah crew were not expecting so many people, and are now taking care of the technical side of being able to accomodate such a large group.

These are exciting times that we are living in :)

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:55 pm

I did experience difficulties getting into the registration page when I first tried to sign up for the class, but I'm not worried about whether they will be prepared for the class itself. Oprah does everything in a first class way. If her technical crew comes to her and says they need to beef up the site to accomodate Eckhart's class, then she will give them whatever they need to do it. She is hosting this thing; putting her own name on it, so you can bet it won't be done in a second rate way.

I think it's going to draw in people who normally wouldn't be interested in the Oprah Show or in her book club. There may be a large number of cross-overs--people who work with Eckhart's Teachings, but otherwise are not interested in Oprah's Book Club, and that may be why they seemed unprepared for the number of people signing up for the class.

Even if there are some wrinkles or glitches in the first class, they will iron them out and make sure everyone who wants to participate can do so. I think it's exciting because Oprah is about as mainstream as you can get, and to see this stuff moving out into mainstream culture this way is a strong indicator of a really big movement in mass consciousness.
Rubicon

BevBeing

Post by BevBeing » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:52 am

Once you have Registered in Oprah's Book Club for the on-line class on "A New Earth", on the Website, it says
"Never miss one of Oprah's Monday night classes. Access the video archive and watch every webcast from the 10-week webinar at your own pace."

I'll be viewing the archives each week anyway, as the Live sessions will go to air here in Sydney Australia at 1pm Tuesday (when I'll be at work)

Hope this helps allay fears if the Live webcast doesn't have sufficient bandwidth or other technical difficulties.

We are all in the same NOW no matter where !!

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:45 pm

I felt like adding a note to this thread.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending Eckhart’s live appearance at Benaroya Hall in downtown Seattle. Toward the end of the talk, he mentioned the class he’ll be teaching through Oprah’s site and that currently they estimate between four and five hundred thousand people will be tuning in for it. He is encouraged that so many people are now beginning to wake up and seemed pleased to have the opportunity to reach so many at one time -- "just in time," as he said, since the planet cannot withstand much more human dysfunction. I think he definitely sees the large interest in this class as very positive development for the planet.
Rubicon

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks for the update, Rubicon. Last I heard they already had more than 360,000 signed up for "class".
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Wings

Post by Wings » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:20 am

Curiosity and a sense of “its about time” ol’ET starts getting the kind of kickback which will hopefully prevail in making peace allot more desirable and who knows, maybe it will become the in thing to do.

The hits on Oprah’s discussion forum are going through the roof. Perusing through them brings shades of past discussions here amongst some of you ol’ET devotees pounding keys telling of “Being.”

Out of curiosity, I signed up for the discussion groups plus the pending class. Question; What and how do you think this forum would be affected if all those newbie’s got wind of this forums existence. They go through subjects a mile a minute, while you stand in line gaping and waiting to get a word in edgewise. :lol:

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:27 pm

Question; What and how do you think this forum would be affected if all those newbie’s got wind of this forums existence.
A few already have. It's hard to say what will happen if they flood ours, but for starters I hope they read the forum rules and guidelines and abide by them. And I would hope they research what's already here - no need to reinvent the wheel when so many common concerns and questions have already been addressed.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Wings

Post by Wings » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:24 pm

A confession mills around telling of things discovered and a need to be shared with long time listeners. Oprah has invited the general public at large to start “New Earth” discussion groups and again, curiosity and a need to find and reach out to actually talk to someone “live” played into desires I’d rather not label.

Three women and I sat at a coffee house, NE books in hand except for one who just came to see what it was all about, probably like the rest of us. NE in hand discussion began to soon find out that two of the women weren’t that familiar with ET and the other had read POND sometime ago but shelved it because she didn’t get it.

Mixed feelings surfaced and egos abound clashed, setting off sparks from positions taken from other self-help books bringing meaning to each individual’s identity and attachment to their guru’s challenging visions.

After a second meeting, I definitively felt like a roster in a hen house, because rather then wanting to join the fray, ET’s focus was being very much ignored and their stories and their little me’s were popping up all over the place. It literally felt like days of yore when my mind noise ran ramped without control. The short end is that the noise I was hearing was coming loud, fast and furious from those seemingly lost in a wilderness of doubt, confusion and turmoil. It literally felt like I was opening the doors of hell all over again.

This time around, it was three others mind noise encroaching on whatever sense of peace I may have had prior to setting down with them. I’m not kidding when I say, I was wishing practically with my hands embraced in prayer that I had support with at least one of you guy’s/women who’s insight and long time exposure would support a devotee’s language which fell on deft ears and ET positions were rapidly withering on the vine. This indeed was a learning experience....... :roll:

Most important is being mindful that inroads are being made and there is no failure, just bus stops. We pick ourselves up and move onto a place we’ve always been and from time to time recline and relax in a precious silent place under a well known tree whose cool shade brings us repose. :)

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:30 am

Thanks Wings, I enjoyed the report on your meeting. The consternation exibited in your meeting may be indicative of what will happen in a lot such get-togethers. But one has to start somewhere in gaining clarity of being, and it will likely be just such mind stuff you saw in your meeting that will plant the seeds of awakening. For those who are willing to open up and percevere, the world will be renewed.

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:17 am

Wings wrote:the noise I was hearing was coming loud, fast and furious from those seemingly lost in a wilderness of doubt, confusion and turmoil.
I felt that as I read some of the message board, as well. I have to admit, it scared me away.

I would not like to see that happen here. This is a quiet refuge. It moves slowly enough to keep up with, and there have not been any arguments, as far as I have read.

I'm thinking that we'll have to keep referring to PON and NE and suggest deeper, personal, introspection above debate.

Debate is of the mind, and Eckart continuously warns against verbal banter. That encourages ego. He suggests in his groups that we don't discuss anything. They're silent meetings. I'm starting to see the wisdom in that.

I'll be watching the "class" in a couple of hours. Let's check in here later tonight. I'll be interested in your reaction to the class.

Stillness,
Suzanne

BrahmanEternal

Post by BrahmanEternal » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:31 am

I m very excited about the show with Ecky, he will really become a star after this. :)
Go Eckhart show the world what you are not made of!!! :)
Free of need to be Free.

Slyder

Post by Slyder » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:03 am

Enjoy the pictures!

Slyder

Post by Slyder » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:05 am

And more...

Slyder

Post by Slyder » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:26 am

Eckhart...

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:32 am

Slyder, it seems you are getting the broadcast. How is it progressing? Any impressions to share?
---