Warning! ET's dvd giveaway.

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Warning! ET's dvd giveaway.

Postby dancer » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:39 pm

Why has ET made this dvd available for free? Was there something so important in it that he needed to reach the widest audience possible? Is he trying to warn us about something?

The Problem:

"Gradually, humans because of the growth of the thinking mind, lost their ability to sense their deeper connectedness with life. Now we have arrived at a point where our whole sense of who we are is caught up in the mind and in thought.
So, we have been through an evolutionary stage, a necessary one for humanity, and we could call it the stage of mind, the stage of thought. To the point now where we are completely possessed, I use that word, we are possessed by the mind without knowing it. We cannot stop thinking,it seems. We can , but for most people that is not a reality, they have to think. The compulsion to think and to derive your sense of self from the movement of thought.
We are arriving at the end of this whole evolutionary stage and for humanity to go on it needs to transcend the mind. No longer be possessed by the mind, beyond a compulsion to think into a deeper level of being. So it's almost like regaining what they have lost. When you regain something you have lost, you regain it with a deeper awareness.
This is the process we are involved in now, that humanity is involved in now, because an evolutionary transformation, a transformation of consciousness, really is no longer a luxury so to speak, is no longer optional for humanity. For the first time in the history of humanity, the transformation of consciousnes is a necessity if it is to survive. Because we are creating havoc on the planet, we are creating hell to a large extent on a planet that is potentially paradise."

The Solution:

"So now I am able to be active in the world and at the same time be rooted in being. One does not exclude the other. But for some reason I had to go very deeply within for a while. Perhaps even on a larger scale, it may be some people for a while have to go very deeply into being, simply to provide a balance on the level of the collective consciousness because most human beings are totally lost in doing. So it may require a few humans who go very deeply into being to balance, although on a personal level it might look as if they were unbalanced."

The result:

"What kind of civilization would we create out of a state of inner peace? It's impossible to predict, all we can say is, probably it would not be as complex as it is now. People would not be running around continuously engaged in pointless activities. It would probably not be as noisy a civilisation as it is now, because no civilisation has been as noisy as this one. Simply because whatever human beings create externally is a reflection of their inner state.
So, we are polluting the planet, simply because our inner selves are being polluted by an enormous negativity, of continuous resistance. So the outer is always a reflection of the inner. If the inner is predominantly a state of inner peace, we create a peaceful world on the outside. What exact form that would take, we don't know, we'd have to wait and see what it is. It would probably be much more simple world, more harmonious and beautiful. Nature is beautiful already but I am speaking of the human made world. "
:)
dancer

Postby be-lank » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:08 pm

Hi Dancer,

Where did you hear about the free DVD's?

"Warning" implies fear. I do not see fear in his words. I see a Wake-up call.

Consciousness want to emerge in the human form, and we have reached a critical stage where there is an urgency. This is the new consciousness arising. "We are running out of time. And that is good news." Eckhart.

Just like the fish, when the water resided, they had to grow legs or perish. This is where we are now. There are many signs that point to humans making this transformation. Eckhart Tolle is a big one.

But if humans do not, who we are Is, Space Is, The Timeless One Life is, and Consciousness will create anew.

As Eckhart says, "From the highest point everything is right."

When lost in surrender, what else matters?

All is well. Consciousness is emerging and resistance will come.
And that's fine.

God- is on top of it all!
be-lank

Postby be-lank » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:23 pm

If one is afraid of losing anything
they have not looked into the Friend’s eyes.
They have forgotten God’s promise.

The jewels you get when you meet the Beloved
go on multiplying themselves,
they take root
everywhere,

they keep mating all the time
like spring-warmed creatures.

Burglars hear watchdogs
inside of His gifts

and Run.

Hafiz
be-lank

Postby phil » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:02 pm

be-lank wrote:When lost in surrender, what else matters?

Tolle is lost in surrender, and he must think saving humanity is an issue that matters, or he wouldn't be writing all these books?

Let us note that Tolle is taking specific actions to help humanity survive. He has various thoughts on where humanity is, where it is going, where it should go, how we should get there, and so on.

He references a past lost state, a current chaotic state, and a future more evolved state.

So it seems all these elements might be included in our own discussions of the same issues.

I like all his writings on these subjects, and would like to see him explore the social big picture in more detail.

We might be aware that most of the world is more interested in the state of their third world economies than they are in the state of mind of wealthy first world philosophers.

We in the US consume the planet's resources far in excess of our numbers. One real world test of our spiritual evolution will be how much we are willing to edit that equation.

Tolle's teaching do seem to directly relate to our ability to make those kind of economic changes. I like that a lot, on the personal and global levels.

But it seems the details of how and when we might share the wealth must be left until we're all evolved, and I'm guessing some of our neighbors aren't up for waiting that long.

And Tolle himself is already there, and he doesn't really address the details, so one wonders when such a discussion is supposed to happen.

Thus I quacketh...
phil

Postby summer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:22 am

Maybe I am being very naive. But the world seems to be in much better shape now, than it was 10-15 years ago.

At least we aren't considering a nuclear war with the Soviet Union now. And I find it very exciting to hear about so many people "waking up" and realising their true nature as awareness.

Often the people we hear about are the ones that have written a book, or somehow made it into the media. Still, how about all of the 'ordinary people" who are very aware, and may be siimple mothers, or mechanics, or ??????

It appears to me that we are all involved in this shift of the awakening of humanity, and my guess would be that millions of others are surfing on similar ocean waves :)

I really doubt that we will become an extinct species. And I wonder how all of you others see the current state of humanity?
summer

Postby dancer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:07 am

Phil wrote:

"Tolle's teaching do seem to directly relate to our ability to make those kind of economic changes. I like that a lot, on the personal and global levels."

I have to disagree with you Phil, Tolle is making it very clear that change needs to take place within us, not out there in the world.

"So, we are polluting the planet, simply because our inner selves are being polluted by an enormous negativity, of continuous resistance."
dancer

Postby dancer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:26 am

ET is looking for people to go deeply into Being. He's not looking for people to reform the economy.
dancer

Postby phil » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:32 pm

dancer wrote:I have to disagree with you Phil, Tolle is making it very clear that change needs to take place within us, not out there in the world.

I hear ya Dancer. You're right, Tolle's focus is on the inner. And I love the way he is trying to get to the heart of the matter.

Our consumer economy is sucking the planet dry, and we know that, but continue doing it anyway because we are using the busyness of consuming as a place to hide from ourselves.

So, someone could invent a solar chip that ended our need for oil. And it wouldn't matter because that would give the economy a giant boost, and we'd then we'd continue consuming up the other critical resources even faster.

So long as we are addicted to consuming, the challenge remains. So Tolle is aimed at the heart of the humanity's problems, agreed.

Tolle implies that addressing the inner will heal the outer.

In theory, sounds good. It would just be nice to explore that in a bit more detail.
phil

Postby dancer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:56 pm

In theory, sounds good. It would just be nice to explore that in a bit more detail

And the ego says, where's the next bit of information for me digest. I need more. More time , more concepts to complete myself. :wink:
dancer

Postby dancer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:02 pm

Be-lank wrote:

"Warning" implies fear. I do not see fear in his words. I see a Wake-up call."

Here's a wake-up call for you Lisa.

:lol: Will you marry me?
dancer

Postby be-lank » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:26 pm

My dearest, dearest, darling Dancer,

Since the first breath of Life was taken, you and I were wed.

Ours is an eternal, sacred union.

This Love is the love of our Beloved, that has never been apart.

(That and I already have a husband.)

(What I want is a true Friend of God. Will that do, dancer?)
be-lank

Postby spatialbean » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:49 am

My dearest, dearest, darling Dancer,

Since the first breath of Life was taken, you and I were wed.

Ours is an eternal, sacred union.

This Love is the love of our Beloved, that has never been apart.

Oh puh leez... :P
spatialbean

Postby be-lank » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:50 am

Claudia,

It is the romantic in you that has stolen my heart.

Will you marry me??
be-lank

Postby spatialbean » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:41 am

Ok you divorce your husband then you, me and noname will marry dancer. :shock:
spatialbean

Postby phil » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:16 pm

dancer wrote:And the ego says, where's the next bit of information for me digest. I need more. More time , more concepts to complete myself. :wink:

OK, I hear ya. That's part of what's happening, agreed.

On the other hand (my speciality, served with cheese grits, and vegetarian sausage) we might consider the wholeness of how Tolle's teachings get from his head, to ours.

Let's get a piece of paper and write down everything and everybody that is involved in making that communication happen.

Without the UPS truck driver, and thousands of others like him, you and I would have never heard of Tolle, or the concepts of "ego", etc.

The UPS truck driver is as important as Tolle, because without him, the teachings don't happen.

If we look at the teaching process wholistically, instead of limiting our perspective to just teacher and student, then the world beyond our own minds can no longer be dismissed as irrelevant mindstuff.

All the mechanics of the exterior world beyond our minds are just as much a part of ourselves as the mechanics of our interior world. Any dividing line between the interior and exterior is just an imaginary conceptual device used for convenience.

dancer wrote:And the ego says, where's the next bit of information for me digest. I need more. More time , more concepts to complete myself. :wink:

And the idea that this ego process is bad or illusion etc is itself just one more concept, one more plan of becoming something over time, one more way to say "I'm not complete yet, I need to do something first." :-)
phil

Next

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion