The Complaining Ego

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

The Complaining Ego

Postby Egoicmidget » Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:49 pm

I became very aware of the egoic patterns at work recently.

I work with folks who continously complain as part of a sort of egoic ritual.

The entire definition E.T. lays out in his work just convinces me more and more that the operational egoic mind is the creator of suffering that I detect in my own life.

When I think, now I realize exactly what he means about the compulsive need the mind has to repeat and compare.

My newest ventures are being in the body which is so helpful in slowing down my mind before it starts going to fast and distortions occur.

I find a truth Tolle mentions that being in the body takes energy from the mind and anchors a being in the now.

The enormity and space experienced when the mind is still is so worth understanding the profound message that is explained within the context of no mind. The feeling inner state of awareness is so beyond what I can decribe words seem absurdly limited.

I realized also that doing was the experience and understanding was the pointer that was taking me further from the depths of the spacious infinite field of one.

I have to tell myself not to take part in the groups desires to complain and be immersed in presence, as I travel along, this process is becoming easier.

It's such a relief to be free of the chattering mind for the most part, I could never go back.

I used to be addicted to my own thought patterns and various poor me sufferings the "off switch" is such a great feeling, so much peace and quiet.

I found none of this in the mind, nor could it help in anyway to finally"get it".

Love to you all.

John
Egoicmidget

Postby kiki » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:32 am

Egoicmidget wrote:It's such a relief to be free of the chattering mind for the most part, I could never go back.

Once you've seen "it" there is no going back. Yes, what a relief!

Egoicmidget wrote:I used to be addicted to my own thought patterns and various poor me sufferings the "off switch" is such a great feeling, so much peace and quiet.

Peace and quiet - that's what you are. Great post, John.

k
kiki

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion