Portal Power

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Portal Power

Postby Mal2 » Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:50 am

A portal that I use most frequently is getting in touch with the inner body.

In order to feel the inner body more, especially in my hands I find that if I close my eyes and stretch my arms outwards and upwards with my hands a good distance from the rest of my body that I can feel the inner body a lot stonger.

In doing this I realised that this is why Jesus is often depicted with his arms outstretched in this fashion. Was he more in touch with his ONENESS when he outstretched his arms and hands towards those he was addressing? The sermon on the mount comes to mind. Priests saying mass and other holy men still do it today although I am not sure if they do it for the same reason.

Try it to see if you experience the inner body more strongly, it's difficult to come up with a description of how one experiences the inner body, somehow "more strongly" doesn't sit right. I hope you know what I mean.
Mal2

Postby JedEye » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:33 pm

When I read pon or practicing pon it seems that INNER BODY AWARENESS is important and very strong practice.
Does anyone got really deep into this one or practice it all the time?
no more words
JedEye

Postby Egoicmidget » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:31 am

That portal is one I do daily.

John
Egoicmidget

Postby heidi » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:46 am

Hey JedEye, that avatar of yours is a portal for me. It's so goddam creepy I have not choice but to become present.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby phil » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:42 am

Ah c'mon gals, it's an avatar. A cartoon! Give the guy a break.

How about some practising what we preach? Friendly challenge to board members to pick out the most ridiculous, goddam creepy, or otherwise ego deflating avatar you have the courage to post next to your name.

I declare myself and Jedeye in a neck and neck race for first place in the stupid avatar competition, with other forum members lagging soooo far behind. :twisted:

(PS. Though John, I must say that's an excellent photo of you, and a nice introduction to the man behind the posts. Thanks. )
phil

Postby summer » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:02 am

The inner body portal is my all-time favorite.

And yes, Mal 2, I know exactly what you mean when you say that "feeling it more strongly" does not sit quite right. Calling this the "inner body" doesn't sit quite right either :lol:

The whole notion of "inner" and "outer" dissolves.

I have started doing Tai Chi outside in Nature again this past week. And talk about an exercise where you start out focussing your attention on the energy in the hands, and then move into the entire body, and the Earth, and the sky, and the stars, and....and......and.....WOW!
summer

Postby JedEye » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:15 pm

I need an answer :)
When I live in inner body, you am it.(or some space that has body inside) Not by thinking but by experiencing.
Does the same apply to dealing with emotions?
Thanks
no more words
JedEye

Postby be-lank » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:22 pm

Hi Jedeye!

I miss your "frisky". We were just playing with you, having fun. I hope you didn't take our "Kidding" seriously. Who are we anyway?

Maybe Phil was right in coming to your rescue. Gee, what if Phil IS right?
What if he has been right all along? (Much of what Phil says Is true.)

Anyway, Jedeye- you put whatever Heidi will let you as an avatar.
I really did like "frisky"! (And if we over-did it, sorry!)

As to your question- "When I live in inner body, you am it.(or some space that has body inside) Not by thinking but by experiencing.
Does the same apply to dealing with emotions?"

I would say, Yes.

But also "watching" them, obeserving them while they are happening.
Noticing them, being aware of them, allowing them, but not identifying with them as being your self.

We are the watcher, the observer, the witness of our inner space.
Everything else comes and goes.

:D
be-lank

Postby phil » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:35 pm

be-lank wrote:Maybe Phil was right in coming to your rescue. Gee, what if Phil IS right? What if he has been right all along? (Much of what Phil says Is true.)

Just to be a stickler for details, Phil is just the typist, though it must in all candor be observed that he quite often forgets that for a bit. :-)
phil

Postby be-lank » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:58 pm

Well, my dearest typist,
you're wonderful whomever you are!

(And I suspect, my very Self!)

Keep on typ'n Philly-dude.

(Crazy about the hawk sighting!)

(We're not off topic again, are we? Ha!)
be-lank

Postby JedEye » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:35 pm

well I spend some time observing emotions and it got me to nowhere :lol: (not nowHere but noWhere)
Some part of mind is acting like awareness, it creates some observer entity.
I find create some observing place in mind and watch from there. Mind hears watch emotions and does it like that. It may sound like nonsense, it usually happens.
So any time I try to observe emotions I make it too complicated. :)
no more words
JedEye

Postby heidi » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:54 pm

Hi JedEye - I'm guess our getting nowhere when trying to observe emotion with our brain, is because we need to just feel them with our heart,. :)

(I can't say I miss the avatar, but there's something I notice about it being gone, that spaciousness and stillness where it was. :lol: I think we were getting attached to the disturbing little fellow ;) )
Heidi
heidi

Postby be-lank » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:09 am

Jedeye,

You wrote:

"So any time I try to observe emotions I make it too complicated."

Wonderful answer!
be-lank

Postby spatialbean » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:00 am

One of my portals is "create no more pain in the present". I tend to be mean to myself so this was/is a good portal for me. It helps me be present with any thoughts that should arise. If I encounter another person and I am actively choosing to not create pain for them or myself, it brings me very present with that person.

Thanks,
Claudia
spatialbean

Postby heidi » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:31 pm

One of my portals is "create no more pain in the present".

Thanks for mentioning that, Claudia. You defined for me exactly how I've been handling a major painbody player for the past few months. Stuff comes up, and due to a raising of consciousness, identification with it is released before it can gain any momentum or carry any weight. It's a gentle portal, like letting a thought go in meditation.
Thanks!
Heidi
heidi

Next

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion