Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor - awakening

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
lucy

Re: Neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor - awakening

Post by lucy » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:52 am

Deepak Chopra, in his book "How To Know God" talks about how the human brain is actually "hard-wired" to know God (Spirit, Awareness,). I think this is what happened to Ms. Taylor, she was hovering between pure consciousness and the "little me". In the end the "little me" hijacked the experience (for lack of a better word) of the formless.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:28 am

I showed the video to my high school psychology class. They really liked it. I enjoy being subversive in the name of education and science...
Be present, be pleasant.

GreenTea

Post by GreenTea » Tue May 20, 2008 6:56 am

Has anyone watched the series of interviews with Jill Bolte Taylor that Oprah did?

It's actually one interview in 4 parts, I've seen the first three (Oprah's site is not currently cooperating on the 4th yet) and they are really fascinating.....

Narayan

Post by Narayan » Tue May 20, 2008 5:35 pm

I found her perspective on people bringing energy or taking energy away pretty good. Oprah quotet "I really need people to take responsibility for the kind of energy they bring (to me)".
"Be the change you want to see in this world." - Gandhi | current site: Personal Development that Transforms