The Evolutionary Leap

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Postby heidi » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:41 pm

Yes but, the honor part is where ego has stepped in and stands in the way of simple survival of the species sex stuff and intuitive power. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby be-lank » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:51 am

But let's not forget where it comes from. Not god- but nature. Our nature.

Nothing is as it seems.
be-lank

Postby Clare » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:05 am

Could it possibly be that the idealistic 'love dance' of the natural world is also a perception? We're looking for promised land whether we are going to God or Nature. If our perceptions of God are delusional, than why can't our perceptions of nature be too? I don't have the answers, but I can see the connections. I can see physically the similarity in behaviour between humans and other species. I notice that when we behave from the structures we have built around our animalistic instinct to survive, we often call it egotistical behaviour. I make no judgment on it, I just see it.

In this discussion Heidi, you have said that Eckhart's main call for revision of the way we are is to enable us to survive as a species. I don't think even he can get away from this fundamental drive :)

Even though I am sure the idea of Christ dying so the rest of us could live is allegory, I think as allegory it stands as a message that survival of "I" is the thing we give up when we get beyond our ego. If people have used God in their thought process to reinforce their animal instincts - as in "My God is better than your God and I am going to kill you, kill your children and rape all your women and convert them and make them have my children who will worship my God" I think that is very little to do with Godliness - it's just another way of taking over the pride of lions and killing all the babies so that the mourning mothers come into season again and then can have your babies.

I don't like it one bit, but this world would truly be better off without us. We're the only species that have no purpose here other than to serve ourselves. I used to uphold the idea of stewardship, but the more I look at it the more ridiculous it seems. If every single human being on this planet disappeared today, this world would carry on perfectly well without us. It would in fact flourish. So stewarding for whom? Ourselves again? :)

It follows then that if our purpose here is to go beyond physical usefulness on this planet - to benefit from the beauty and richness of it without being a part of creating it, then we should indeed be looking up to a higher consciousness that connects with the non-physical - our Godselves- rather than looking to become good members of the food chain and 'gettin' back to the garden'. In doing so, we may have some chance of working out a way of benefittingfrom the garden without F'g it up too much.

I think Phil is hitting on something with regards to needs. As a species we are pretty vulnerable - little teeth, small nails, bare soft skin that needs coverings and heating to keep warm. We must have felt very threatened and were not very self sufficient. And just like any other animal uses it's assests to survive, it was our big brains that would save us, so we developed that - made it strong. It would follow then that the thought process that is talked over and denounced so much on here is predominantly a survival mechanism; no more, no less.

Love, Clare
"The day is full of birds.
Sounds like they're saying words."

Kate Bush - "Aerial"
:)
Clare

Postby spatialbean » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:40 pm

I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.

- Kurt Vonnegut, human
spatialbean

Postby be-lank » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:22 pm

It is always Now.

(Even in England.) :D
be-lank

Postby heidi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:46 pm

Swami Beyondananda's 2006 State of the Universe Address calls for an Up-Wising very similar to Tolle's concept of the evolutionary leap!

http://www.wakeuplaughing.com/news.html
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion