The Path

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Postby be-lank » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:17 am

Wings wrote-

“Being new on this forum, is it customary for members to openly edit someone else’s material to fit their own particular needs?”

I don’t know. This is not what I was doing.

“Or is it best that instead of one line criticisms, it would serve most best if they voiced there own feeling based on what they intrinsically experienced from within there own take on life?”

There is a misunderstanding. I was not criticizing. What I wrote was based upon experiences with life, and with the Power of Now.

The style of my comments is a common style here.

“Personally I find the latter much more enlightening and appreciated.”

Yes. Personal preferences are also common.

And so are pain bodies. Which apparently came up for you.

Eckhart recommends “watching it.” And keeping it out of the head, the story.

Peace
be-lank

Postby Wings » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:53 am

le-blank

The derisive way you dissect each sentence and add negativity while peppering it with judgmentalizm, at best feels juvenile and yes, annoying. If there is a pain body, it’s one born from your denial wrapped in what feels like routine antagonism. There are definitely some issues you posses that perhaps need resolve by pulling ET, from your hip pocket and looking closely into the mirror and using it as best you can to uncloud your vision. In any event, best to you and thanks for your routine welcome.

Peace to you as well........
Wings

Postby heidi » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:09 pm

Hi Wings - The written word in an internet forum can be easily misunderstood, for how are we to truly know the intention of the poster? Honestly, I tend to ignore many posts because of the way the "feel" to me, also the long-winded ones. :)

I welcome you here, and feel you have a lot to share with the members of this forum. I appreciate your willingness to speak up about something that is important to you. I also hope that you realize the subjectivity of the written word and take nothing personally.

I'm remined of the Four Agreements: "Be impeccable with your word, don't take anything personally, don't make
assumptions, do your best". --Miguel Ruiz-
Last edited by heidi on Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby dancer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:21 pm

Hi Wings,

Welcome to the boards, I noticed your little disagreement with be-lank, and thought I might help clear the air.

Be-lank is correct that it is customary for some members to go through line by line like that , through each other's posts, in a spirit of sharing and caring in order to help the other member gain some insight if possible. This, largely, is the role we see for ourselves on these boards, to help ourselves and to help others gain insight. She personally, has helped me tremendously in this way.

Clearly you were not comfortable with be-lank's attempt to include you in the group and I'm sure she will be very careful in future how she responds to you.

I really liked your initial post, it was something I felt personally showed a keen awareness and that's what we need around here, more awareness! So, let the dance continue!!!
:)
dancer

Postby be-lank » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:30 pm

If there is a pain body, it’s one born from your denial wrapped in what feels like routine antagonism. There are definitely some issues you posses that perhaps need resolve by pulling ET, from your hip pocket and looking closely into the mirror and using it as best you can to uncloud your vision.

Wise word, Wings.

Often we are our own teachers.

I have no issue with you. But you have an issue with me.

Or is that me in the mirror?
be-lank

Postby dancer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:40 pm

Allright guys, listen up!

After my post to Wings, I went in the bathroom to shave and noticed for a little while I was lost in thought about the boards and especially my post to Wings.

There was a strong "personal" (egoic) component to my post and to the thread.

I realized that the "personal" was there, in front of my awareness in a way it had never been before.

The personal is a very very strong, very very important phenomenon in this phenomenal world.

It is actually the key element that keeps us tied to the illusion of being separate beings.

Wow I really like this insight.

This is bigtime good stuff.

The "personal" : our anger, our denial, our hatred, our joy at having an insight, our coming back at the poster with a strong post defending ourselves, our criticizing other posters, our identification with roles, husband, wife, mother, son, daughter, our feeling that our feelings, be they physical or emotional are "ours".

All of it, tied in together to give us the illusion of our sense of self, the little me.

Allright you guys, let the dance continue!!!
dancer

Postby dancer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:26 pm

In a couple of days (another thought - time - bang - you're dead!) I have to see MY doctor to get MY prescriptions renewed for MY chronic diseases.

Hundreds of thousands of thoughts and feelings and beliefs over a lifetime has led to this sense of self that I had, it's absolutely amazing. The little me is the flim flam man, just illusion, carefully created and maintained over a lifetime. And it's main weapon, non acceptance. Warring with what is.

yes

Yes!

YES!!!

YES!!!!!!!
dancer

Postby Wings » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:49 pm

This morning, my eyes hit the screen and wakening brought more than just readings but a welcome from a community of good souls and spiritual seekers. As it’s been told, some of the larger gifts in life, at times, do come in small packages. Not small as in diminutive, but in little ways which pierce the veil of life and open up a flow of good will, well needed.

Thank you for your kindness and for ushering in a humble servant, warts and all, into a community filled with energy spawned by collective willingness to share from what flows from within and hopefully not from the word of book but more so from that which truly resides within ones being as a result of it.

As Heidi accurately pointed out, some posts are long winded and probably repetitive and I’d very much like to say this doesn’t include me but not so, I plead guilty on all charges and I will try to amend my ways.

Hello Dancer, it’s good of you to greet me, I feel welcomed.

Dear be-lank, the mirror is something some of us have looked into longer than I’d like to admit. The flaws I conjure up bring with it the kind of desperation that has brought me and many of us to this community. Our/my frail humanity finds rapture and “at times” peace needed within at those times when the mind and all that goes with it, falls short of touching my NOW. Levels of consciousness, for some are not constant and fluctuations I see as good. Why? Because, it has allowed me to intrinsically sense where I am at, with being at one with my spiritual needs. Yes, I know that beyond my identification, (egoic mind) none of this exists and this is a wonderful place to be but unlike some who make claim to greater spiritual heights, I fall short of my mark from time to time. I accept this with care, as ET tells and move on. There in of itself lays the inspiration to come back to something that has never left.

My humble apologies for any discomfort I may have caused you, anyone else and myself, for being such a putz.
Wings

Postby be-lank » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:07 pm

Hi Wings,

lovely post.

Namaste. :D
be-lank

Postby summer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:12 pm

I love Putz's :lol:

Already being one myself, "the more putz's in the pile, the better" is my motto.

Welcome Wings :)
summer

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion