Opportunities to accept what is

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
GlowingFaceMan

Opportunities to accept what is

Post by GlowingFaceMan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:09 am

Lately when things go wrong, I've been doing my best to use them as opportunities to accept what is. For example, I recently missed a flight home from Japan, forcing me to stay an extra 2 days and pay a $250 ticket change fee. I used it as an opportunity to accept what is, and ended up having lots of fun on the extra 2 days, whereas I could've been miserable the whole time. And some important things happened on those days, as well.

When something bad happens, use it as an opportunity to accept what is.

Sighclone

Re: Opportunities to accept what is

Post by Sighclone » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:26 pm

GFM -

Sometimes wonderful opportunities appear after we accept things...like running into an old friend after not finding a parking spot and having to park far away...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

moonmissy

Post by moonmissy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:24 am

Like some cheezy saying when I was growing up...."Go with the flow man!" Have fun and enjoy with whatever is in your now.

:P
Before and after there exist not one
Why attachments?

lestat

Post by lestat » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:45 am

This is so true. Whenever I'm in pain and can't seem to get out of it, I realize the pain stems from resisting the moments of life. Afterward, the pain seems to disolve, at least for a couple hours. Come to think of it, the pain-body is activated every day.