Financial crisis

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
cowcool

Financial crisis

Post by cowcool » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:01 pm

What does ET say about financial crisis?

Sighclone

Re: Financial crisis

Post by Sighclone » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:36 pm

In general he asks: "What is the crisis in the present moment?" Usually it's not a crisis...in the present moment. He discourages egoic attachment to material things. He discourages judging what is good or bad.

But this forum is not the best place to find out what Eckhart says. You should read his books, instead. Page 85 ff. in PON is a good place to start on this general subject.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Mindbridge

Post by Mindbridge » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:47 am

Hi,

In ANE, pg 42, he says that ownership is part of the story, which is defended by the ego. It has nothing to do with who we are.... Right now, I am on the internet and happy to have found this community.

- mindbridge

innerhike

Post by innerhike » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:32 am

Here's my two cents:

Eckhart has quoted the following thoughts from Jesus on at least one occasion, and here I am reproducing the larger quote from the original source:
Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Therefore do not worry, saying, What shall we eat?' or What shall we drink?' or What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

-- From Matthew 6, the Sermon on the Mount
Fundamentally to me Eckhart's message is one of being in the Now, in which there is no financial crisis. In which all crises are simply a blip on the radar of consciousness, a coming and going that need no further commentary.

I find that the more I am present and surrendered, the more easily I am able to come to the right decision, or should I say that more easily the right things come to me.

Fundamentally I believe that Life and this Universe are quite miraculous and overwhelmingly beautiful and bountiful, but that we restrict this FLOW with our resistance through thought, action and attitude.

If you are afraid about what is happening in the markets, fundamentally you are afraid for yourself. Fear manifests in ten thousand different ways. You can exhaust yourself in addressing each aspect of your fear, or you can strike at its very root by doing this:

1. Not doing anything.
2. Not moving from HERE, NOW.
3. Accepting, inviting, being with everything that frightens you.
4. Doing what is in your control and letting the rest be as it is.
5. Controlling your mind, not the world.
6. Letting everything be as it is.

In the long run the markets will stabilize. History shows that stock markets have a larger return than most other investments. Movements in the market have something to do with world events, including "bad" business decisions made by certain "greedy" people. But mostly the downturn is a result of mass hysteria, the fear of the masses. This is the time when the Warren Buffets and the best investors who are contrarians are buying up everything in sight. This is the time to buy, not sell, to gain, not lose. Yet only those who are stable will gain, the rest will react as part of a larger mob mentality, and therefore "lose".

Downturns affect only those who believe in them. You can put certain people in concentration camps and they will survive those settings, and even find ways to help themselves and others. What is it that folks like Victor Frankl have demonstrated that we can learn from and apply in times like these?

The solution is not hard. It only requires a letting go of the apparent reality presented by media and other entities, and a holding on to what is real, your inner state/screen upon which this show called Life is being projected. We are all guided by the same power that takes care of this universe. We are not separate from it. All we have to do is to let go of that which we do not control.

happns

Post by happns » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:35 am

innerhike wrote:Here's my two cents:

Eckhart has quoted the following thoughts from Jesus on at least one occasion, and here I am reproducing the larger quote from the original source:
Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?

Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

Therefore do not worry, saying, What shall we eat?' or What shall we drink?' or What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

-- From Matthew 6, the Sermon on the Mount
Fundamentally to me Eckhart's message is one of being in the Now, in which there is no financial crisis. In which all crises are simply a blip on the radar of consciousness, a coming and going that need no further commentary.

I find that the more I am present and surrendered, the more easily I am able to come to the right decision, or should I say that more easily the right things come to me.

Fundamentally I believe that Life and this Universe are quite miraculous and overwhelmingly beautiful and bountiful, but that we restrict this FLOW with our resistance through thought, action and attitude.

If you are afraid about what is happening in the markets, fundamentally you are afraid for yourself. Fear manifests in ten thousand different ways. You can exhaust yourself in addressing each aspect of your fear, or you can strike at its very root by doing this:

1. Not doing anything.
2. Not moving from HERE, NOW.
3. Accepting, inviting, being with everything that frightens you.
4. Doing what is in your control and letting the rest be as it is.
5. Controlling your mind, not the world.
6. Letting everything be as it is.
Nice post innerhike... I enjoyed

:D
Here is a new spiritual practice for you... don't take your thoughts too seriously - Eckhart from Stillness Speaks

Wings

Post by Wings » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:49 am

Nice focus innerhike, well said and good to listen too. Thanks