Fighting to be free

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
as.it.is

Re: Fighting to be free

Post by as.it.is » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:54 am

kiki wrote:
This is a good time to make a plug for Adyashanti's True Meditation. The idea of this approach is non-manipulation of experience, (another way of describing acceptance). It is based on the Indian sage, Ramana Maharshi's statement of "Let what comes, come; let what goes, go; and see what remains." What remains or is always present, as an unchanging Presence or being, not the experiences, but that which has the experiences, that come and go.
This is a good reminder - thanks James.
**************************************************************************************************************
I used to "Let what comes, come; let what goes, go; and see what remains."
Don't do it, This is very dangerous, you open yourself up , that's why Adyashanti got very sick! what you are feeling and experiencing are glimpses glimpses remember we can't perceive with our five senses.

If it comes shut the door, trust me on this , I used to be part of this for many months, if you like to hear my experience I can email it to you .

Take care.
When you awake it will be your biggest regret.

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 am

What reamains is What we are. It's nothing to be scared of. Is that why all people get sick because what comes comes and what goes goes and then they see what remains? Most people are to closed down to even try, yet they get sick. Adya has a human body and it will die too.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

mikel

Post by mikel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:49 pm

as it is wrote:
I used to "Let what comes, come; let what goes, go; and see what remains."
Don't do it, This is very dangerous, you open yourself up , that's why Adyashanti got very sick! what you are feeling and experiencing are glimpses glimpses remember we can't perceive with our five senses.

If it comes shut the door, trust me on this , I used to be part of this for many months, if you like to hear my experience I can email it to you .

Take care.
I guess lifes journey isn't always smooth and how we deal with all that comes through being human is for each of us to face and be with in what ever way we can at the time..

I shut the door about 18 years ago and it didn't work for me, it made my world very small and constricted.
I tried for a long time to find peace while living with an internally shut door, but it was hard work. I find when you shut the door a lot of energy goes into keeping it shut.

I think it’s best to trust yourself and your own nature, as chaotic as life can seem on the surface, it has a natural order and balance to it, you just have to recognise and merge with that.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:23 pm

as.it.is wrote: trust me on this...
I find it curious when someone says this to me. It says something like "my experience is more valid than yours". Why would anyone not want another to look for themselves, so that they might know truth directly from their own experience? Take out all the arbitrators, mediators, middlemen and sootthsayers. No one can recognize truth for you. Surrender your responsibility to know for yourself, for what someone else says is truth, and you commit yourself to a life lived in mental concepts and hope.

No one who has awakened to the clarity of Now is going to be swayed by anothers commitment to a religious concept, no matter how much assurance that one offers.

Trust me on this...

WW

garuda

Post by garuda » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 am

as.it.is wrote: I used to "Let what comes, come; let what goes, go; and see what remains."

If it comes shut the door, trust me on this..........
as.it.is,

It sounds as if some of your experiences have not been favorable. Your comments remind me of a story of how a patient goes to a certain doctor hoping for a remedy for his illness. The doctor inadvertently prescribes a medicine that the patient was allergic to, and he became even more ill. He worsened because of his unique personal allergies, not the medicine; or perhaps it was the medicine only. So the doctor will prescribe a different medicine that the patient is not allergic to, and then the man’s illness subsides. Had the patient become so distraught over his allergic reaction to the first medicine and abandoned all attempts to try another medicine or doctor, then the man may have never recovered from his illness.

Please consider this analogy and examine its merit. Don’t risk never awakening by depriving yourself of trying a different medicine which has in fact made many other students awakened with liberation from their fears and delusions. A special happiness and joy results, independent of all external situations and conditions! Even in adversity, the joy can persist.

And along with the implications by WW, please be careful of issuing warnings that may dissuade others from being opened-minded and therefore reluctant to following the teacher’s pointers, as well as benefitting from the testimony and advice offered by others on this forum who have experienced good results on this path. I wish you success on your journey.
Recognize present awareness......... rest in that awareness..........don’t become distracted.