Trees

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Javonni

Re: Trees

Post by Javonni » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Well, geez, Randiji, I am all inspired to find more tree pics for this thread.

Thanks for your feedback.

Javonni
When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."
~Adyashanti

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:14 pm

Another pic for the tree lovers~

When someone asks me who they are or what God is, I smile inside and whisper to the Light: "There you go again pretending."
~Adyashanti

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:21 am

Javonni, where do you get these pictures? They are just astounding and truly magical. What tree was that one? See, I still want to know its label. :oops:

I took my boy for a walk in the park yesterday evening and this morning. We walked on the stream where many parents had brought their children as well. We walked from where the stream ends in a pond and headed upstream where it kind of started as a creek. The sun shone on the water. As we walked, we netted for baby fish, tadpoles and shrimps. The water felt cool in the heat of the day. I smiled at the parents who were watching over their children play in the water. On the way back, I gave an Indian boy who did not have a net some of the treasures I had collected. He was so happy.

Of course, we passed many trees which gave the shade from the sun.
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 pm

eagle2phoenix wrote:Javonni, where do you get these pictures? They are just astounding and truly magical. What tree was that one? See, I still want to know its label. :oops:

I took my boy for a walk in the park yesterday evening and this morning. We walked on the stream where many parents had brought their children as well. We walked from where the stream ends in a pond and headed upstream where it kind of started as a creek. The sun shone on the water. As we walked, we netted for baby fish, tadpoles and shrimps. The water felt cool in the heat of the day. I smiled at the parents who were watching over their children play in the water. On the way back, I gave an Indian boy who did not have a net some of the treasures I had collected. He was so happy.

Of course, we passed many trees which gave the shade from the sun.
Eagle, I don't know what the name of tree is in the second pic. I see pics on the 'net so I save them especially when it is a beautiful tree pic.

Your walk in the stream sounds heavenly!
~Adyashanti

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:37 pm

The tree looks to me like it could be a "live oak", but I can't see the leaves too clearly to be sure. Run a google search and find some comparisons and see what you think. But I do like it without a label. Its life seems more expressive and I feel more at one with it without an identifier.

WW

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:38 pm

Its life seems more expressive and I feel more at one with it without an identifier.

:) I like that WW.
~Adyashanti

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:39 pm

A Boab tree in western Australia.

~Adyashanti

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:13 pm

I don't know what kind of tree this one is....

~Adyashanti

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:23 pm

Looks like a tropical raintree. These trees if left alone can live in grandeur for a long long time. It is sad to see so many of them chopped down in Malaysia for road widening, construction and causing accidents. Yep, humans being the most advanced blamed the trees for breaking off its branches in tropical thunderstorms and falling onto roads and cars. So they decided to do the clever intellectual stuff - chop it down. And then they plant palm trees from Saudi Arabia (yep, the desert) which bear no shade in its place. Why on earth did they build the road beside the sacred tree?

Trees are my friends :wink:

Javonni

Post by Javonni » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Why on earth did they build the road beside the sacred tree?

I don't know Eagle. It bothers me to see how trees are surrounded by asphalt at malls, shopping centers, etc. but at least there is a little vegetation left there.
~Adyashanti

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:00 am

They built the road beside the sacred tree because they thought it would keep the place cool. But then when the tree got in the way (by growing bigger, wintering, branches breaking off in strong winds), they decided to chop it down (regardless of how old the tree is).

Of course, there are stories of people in the attempt of chopping down huge trees, falling ill, having the ax pushed away, feeling sudden pain with every chop, having nightmares before/after chopping the trees.

Trees are friends, not chop sui.

eagle2phoenix

Post by eagle2phoenix » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:19 pm

In my search "about trees and stillness", I found another site with a very nice story about the Turtle and Tree. Very esoteric. Believe this story is from Mexico.

http://www.tortuga.com/college/turtle/10.html

An extract:-

Turtle thought for a minute, and said to tree:
You are a good match for me, tree. I will carry your stillness in my center wherever I go. In my movement I am like time, just like in your stillness you are like mind. Time is constant, mind is still. Mind needs stillness to know, time needs constancy to go.

Be constant like a turtle
be still like a tree
innocence is the balance
between stillness and constancy
stay in your innocence
every moment of time
your knowing will turn
your constancy will shine

After turtle sang her song, a strong wind arose, causing tree to bow and shake. When the wind died down, tree thought for a moment and said: turtle, that wind was very strong. But in my center my mind remained still. Now I can tell you what I think:

stillness is for knowing
hold to your stillness
and the ring of time
will be known to you
when the ring of time is known to you
you can know all things
knowing all things
you can extend the roots of your mind
deep into your body
and the branches of your mind
high into the sky
of mystery and dreams
this is the power of tree's knowing mind
knowing mind in my still center
I keep time
one ring a year for mother Earth
one ring a year to renew our birth
in my stillness I know you
turtle, my friend, forever true!

When tree finished, turtle remained at the base of tree's trunk for a very long time.

After many moons had passed, turtle looked up at tree and said: I am going now, tree. At last we understand each other. We will find many ways to cooperate through the time of the becoming. Remaining still and constant we will be able to endure to the end of the becoming. We will be able to complete our task for mother Earth's sacred biosphere! We will keep Earth's sacred time within ourselves, no matter what else happens!

There are my thoughts, tree. This is what I have learned from you, this is what I have to share with you before I go:

Stillness is knowing that mind is all
if I am unhappy it is because
I am not holding stillness in my mind
thoughts out of time make my mind cloudy
thoughts in time make my mind sweet
when I am in the stillness of my mind
I give and receive without even knowing it
Stillness holds me in my constancy
constancy is for moving in time
All creatures of the animal kingdom
move in time
just as Earth moves in her own time
My constancy is for navigation
when I am constant with time
my navigation always takes me
to where I am going

Tree, wherever I travel through land and sea your friendship will be with me constantly Be who you are, time is yours to know hold steady as you go, it's all in the flow Turtle then slipped noiselessly back into the stream. Tree nodded dreamily in the moonlight.

Love & Light

Juno

Post by Juno » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:33 pm

I love this thread.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po