If humanity were to actually experience the shift...

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
piercej

If humanity were to actually experience the shift...

Post by piercej » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:58 pm

While studying recently, I considered how the world's collective "life situation" may change if the majority of humanity actually evolved into the conscious awareness Eckhart speaks of. It seemed like an interesting topic to consider here. While most of the effects will be positive, some will obviously be considered difficult overall in the short term. For instance, obviously our treatment of our environment, other foms of life, and eachother would improve. However, the service and goods related economies of the world would possibly collapse as we know them due to our shift in priorities, necessitating a return to agriculture and possibly the arts. Will there be borders, nationalism, or religion? How will global transportation, communication, and governments be affected? Maybe the transistion will be so gradual that it will not even manifest as a relatively abrupt change?

Thoughts do have a useful purpose obviously, and maybe this consideration is worth exploring. While there will inevitably be change, welcoming all facets of it can only add to the positive collective consciousness. How should we consciously prepare for this inevitability?

doug

Re: If humanity were to actually experience the shift...

Post by doug » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:12 pm

hi piercej...

from my point of view what may or may not happen in psychological future is mind stuff. The effects of various events as they unfold will be what they are when they occur in the Now.

piercej

Post by piercej » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:42 pm

lol... ya i get that, but theres nothing wrong with planning, and thats what im talking about. Thoughts have some purpose, and if this one isnt a useful one, i dont know what is.

mukau

Post by mukau » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:45 pm

The way I look at it, when I do things for their own sake in the moment, the future takes care of itself. I can get caught up in that 'isn't planning the future not being present' thing. When I do, I come back to being present (as much as I'm able). I think my own shift in consciousness (such as it is) means I'm less destructive, less righteous and certain than I was. Questions like 'What will transport be like in an enlightened world?' or 'How could politics survive...' just don't seem important to me. The question belies a need to project; to know - and probably shows our discomfort with uncertainty.

If humanity were to actually experience the shift...things would change. I expect the egoic destruction we're so familiar with would come to an end. Whatever kind of transportation that gave rise to would be ok by me :wink:

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:00 pm

Dear Friends - the way I see it, we and our world at present ARE experiencing the great shift of consiousness which is inevitable as the Age of Pisces, a Water and emotional sign, changes into the Age of Aquarius, an Air sign and of the intellect.

THE AGE OF AQUARIUS

In the course of many lifetimes the human soul has been badly wounded a great many times. The memories of much of the pain we all once had to endure are still buried in the depths of our subconscious, from where they are capable of causing all manner of problems and disturbances in our daily lives. The way I see it, we are all in this life together to find healing for the soul wounds of all our lifetimes and, in this process, to become healers, each in their own unique way. The most urgent requirement on any healing journey is learning to rise above the outdated beliefs and concepts of the Earth plane. The struggle of our small earthly self is greatly alleviated, as soon as begins to gaze beyond the confines of its present existence. It can then be seen quite clearly that the earthly existence of our whole race is but a passing evolutionary phase that by now has just about run its course.

The Age of Aquarius is dawning; it is bringing us the long awaited spiritual rebirth of our race and our whole world, and the saviour and redeemer, promised of old, is at last in flesh appearing. This is happening in a highly surprising and much more beautiful way than anyone could ever have envisaged in past ages, even in their wildest dreams. The New Age is with us and as the months and years go by, it is coming clearer that this is not just some kind of a fad or an airy-fairy notion that has sprung from the minds of the participants of the hippy movement. It is a concept that deserves to be taken seriously, because it demands the fullest attention from each one of us, not merely from those who are already interested in their own spiritual progress and that of our whole world.

The Age of Aquarius is an evolutionary period in the spiritual development of humankind, during which spiritual wisdom and truth directly from the Source will flow ever more strongly into all human hearts. The long promised and awaited World Teacher is now coming to us in the most miraculous and unexpected way, namely by being born in the heart of each and every one of us. At long last it is coming clear that this teacher is none other than our own intuition and the small still voice of conscience within that has always been there for us. When all have become fully attuned to and are following the guidance of this, their very own teacher, there will be peace in our world and there will no longer be any need for religions; they will disappear because they will then have served the purpose they were created for. These things are among the themes we shall discuss as the jottings unfold.

My writings, among them primarily the jottings, are discussions of how the monumental changes that are now taking place are affecting us all. Helpful new perspectives on all aspects of life are gradually revealing themselves to us. If you study the various parts of my life’s work which by now are available here, you will soon be able to see this for yourself. The collective consciousness of our race is opening up and all round there is clear evidence that an ever stronger awareness of the ‘facts of life’ about our true nature and eternal reality is emerging. Discovering that life is an absolute continuum and that there is no death, the limited vision of Earth life as a one-off thing dissolves. We then realise that one cycle of life emerges from and is born from the previous one. All life is guided and protected by God and the Angels. Old life-forms that have outlived their usefulness are removed by them, as all life is inexorably moving forwards and upwards, and all its participants are evolving into ever better and more beautiful forms, as they reach for higher and highest levels of existence.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Maybe it is just me but I never did buy into the concept of the THE AGE OF AQUARIUS.
There has been so much hype around this subject for over 30 years. I remember when Ben Creme took out a full page ad the the Lord M was coming and everyone needs to get ready.
Now when I read your words a twist has been added that he is coming but in a differnt way inside our being, to me that just sounds creepy. I am probabaly in the minority on this but I do have friends that think as I do. I do not believe in the idea of a Golden age where things of this world get better etc etc. I feel that the world will always be what it is with not much change going on.
The real change is and has been always people waking up,now I will say in the last decade there has been many good teachers given to us like ET so I would guess we will have many many more awaken to what IS but as far as this world changing well I would not hold my breath. I just had to comment on this not sure why but everytime I see this New Age fluff and stuff a part of me wants to scream Oh no not again..
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Feel free to scream whatever you wish, dear Friend. That does not change my perception of a new Golden Age that is coming on the Earth which will bring us and our world a time of peace and prosperity for all. However, I believe that no-one will come and wave some kind of a magic wand on our behalves; we ourselves have to bring all this about - each must make their own contribution towards this end.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:27 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:Feel free to scream whatever you wish, dear Friend. That does not change my perception of a new Golden Age that is coming on the Earth which will bring us and our world a time of peace and prosperity for all. However, I believe that no-one will come and wave some kind of a magic wand on our behalves; we ourselves have to bring all this about - each must make their own contribution towards this end.

With love and light,
Aquarius
Last edited by DWBH1953 on Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

doug

Post by doug » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:42 pm

DWBH1593 wrote..."You kind of folks are so naive, if you only knew half of how the world works you would just keep silent about such foolishness"

I find it amazing and incredible that this kind of talk could appear here... :roll:

it is very disrespectful even though the words "no disrespect" were added to artificially soften the blow :oops:

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:37 pm

doug wrote:DWBH1593 wrote..."You kind of folks are so naive, if you only knew half of how the world works you would just keep silent about such foolishness"

I find it amazing and incredible that this kind of talk could appear here... :roll:

it is very disrespectful even though the words "no disrespect" were added to artificially soften the blow :oops:
Why? it was not meant that way at all Doug but after reading what I wrote I see your point.
I accept what your telling me as your gut reaction when you read my words.
Sometimes I can be insensitive when I get a button pushed as just happened.
For me it is no big deal I saw it, own it and moved on.
I was trying to saying that I was getting very tired of hearing a New Ager preaching on all these boards. Does that sound better to you.
First lets ask the question do you feel New Agers are naive?
Do you feel they have a real grasp on what reality is?
Is it not better to remain silent than preach if you do not know from direct knowing what is going on?
So now do those questions offend you Doug?
It is never my intention not to speak the truth but I admit at times I will speak my truth not caring what anyone will think of it but it never comes from mean intentions.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

doug

Post by doug » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 pm

In the world of words Randy, as well as books, knowledge, and intellect you are far more equipped then I.

When people are called names such as naive and foolish it's time to object. I don't know what a "New Ager" is and I don't care about it anymore then I care what anyone believes here.

My statement was one of surprise that anyone here would be so nasty.

It's likely you will attack again but I won't be responding on this subject any further.

BTW, I have paid particular attention to your statements regarding the non-existance of ego and right now I'm finding you (or whomever) quite funny. :lol:

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:16 am

doug wrote:In the world of words Randy, as well as books, knowledge, and intellect you are far more equipped then I.

When people are called names such as naive and foolish it's time to object. I don't know what a "New Ager" is and I don't care about it anymore then I care what anyone believes here.

My statement was one of surprise that anyone here would be so nasty.

It's likely you will attack again but I won't be responding on this subject any further.

BTW, I have paid particular attention to your statements regarding the non-existance of ego and right now I'm finding you (or whomever) quite funny. :lol:
Are we still friends? Really Doug I am not that nasty lol. Sometimes I get out of line too.
I am just not that sensitive to what people think of what I say. You were correct to call me on that thanks I have no problem with any of this it is just what IS.
Attack OMG Doug maybe we need to put on all our helmets and bulletproof vests
LOL
Peace brother
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:03 am

Is there a good reason to start a thread called Age of Aquarius here, http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... =10&t=5294, and then post the exact same long wall of text on another thread?
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:47 am

randomguy wrote:Is there a good reason to start a thread called Age of Aquarius here, http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... =10&t=5294, and then post the exact same long wall of text on another thread?
There just trolling, ingore them they will go away,, I hope!
I mean there are tons of New Age fluff boards, why come here and talk about
cosmic cotton candy.
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:23 am

Actually, aqusrius123esoteric has been coming and going on these boards for awhile and, while he doesn't always hold the non-dual party line, he holds his own. I think he adds perspective to the mix.

If the "shift" is full of a bunch of non-dualist struggling to get across how awake they are without saying it, I may need to rethink that paradigm and hang with the egos (which is where I truly belong)

Got your back my new age brother....
Last edited by Onceler on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be present, be pleasant.