Nice little story for you all...

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Glen

Nice little story for you all...

Post by Glen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:12 am

It is just after midnight and I'm very tired, but I feel like writing this out anyway. I enjoyed reading it hopefully as much as I'll enjoy typing it :wink:

This is from the book 'Do you!' by Russel Simmons (creator of Dem Jam Records & Phat Farm Clothing worth over $300m).

I'm paraphrasing - these are not the exact words, but when I say "I" I'm referring to Russell saying it:

I heard that Eckhart Tolle was going to LA so I just had to go and meet him. He was going to see a Yoga teacher friend of mine and I knew I couldn't miss the opportunity. I cancelled all my plans and took the next flight out to LA. I arrived in LA with P Diddy (Sean Combs / Puff Daddy) and I walked into the room where Eckhart was sitting, alone.

I sat down across from him and just looked at him, he didn't say anything. For 10 minutes we just say there looking at each other, no words were spoken but I felt no need to say any. When my yoga teacher entered the room, our conversation started flowing. P Diddy was new to the concept so Eckhart explained the concept of 'Now' for him briefly.

During his explanation, P Diddy stopped Eckhart mid sentence and say "Oh, so Now is the feeling I get when I'm being shot at?!"

Instantly Eckhart burst into laughing, a child like laugh. No more words were spoken and we left the room. 10 minutes later, without break, Eckhart was still laughing about what Sean (P Diddy) had said.

I thought it was funny / interesting. I hope you all do as well 8)
Personal Development / (Diminishment) - PluginID

eagle2phoenix

Re: Nice little story for you all...

Post by eagle2phoenix » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:57 am

I just love the story!!! It is so here and now. Way to go, ET!
Life is fascinating. Nature is beautiful. Live life with nature.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:29 pm

During his explanation, P Diddy stopped Eckhart mid sentence and say "Oh, so Now is the feeling I get when I'm being shot at?!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Priceless!

WW

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:58 pm

That is super funny. Who knew P Diddy would come up with such a great pointer.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Now I just have to figure out how to get someone to shoot at me.

...I have a few ideas
Be present, be pleasant.

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Onceler wrote:Now I just have to figure out how to get someone to shoot at me.

...I have a few ideas
LOL!
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po