Vegetarian

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: Vegetarian

Postby Psychoslice » Thu May 01, 2014 8:22 am

Tolle is no god, whatever he eats has nothing to do with being awakened, stop putting him up on a pedestal, he is no different than you and me, he is simple awakened, no big deal.
Psychoslice

Postby Trev » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Fact is we do not need to eat meat or any other animal product. even conservative organisations like the America Dietetics Association acknowledge this saying a vegan diet is perfectly adequate for all people incl during vital periods of life such as during pregnancy, infancy and for competing athletes (see vegan ultra athletes like Rich Roll, Brendan Brazier, Scott Jurek or Germany strongest man Patrik Baboumian to name a few)

The ONLY reason we eat meat is for pleasure. Anything else is just self justification and hypocrisy. So in a nutshell if you consider the pleasure you get from the taste and texture of meat to be more important than putting conscious sentient beings through the horrors of factory farming and the slaughterhouse then be honest and admit this to yourself -- may have to change some self perceptions of how 'spiritual' you are in the process though!!(As our actions must equate to a certain extent with our understanding of the world which surely they must)

As well as the animal suffering also consider the well documented detrimental effects animal products can have on human health (see forks over knives website) how grain is exported for animal feed in massive amounts from countries where the population are poor/starving, the massive detrimental environmental impact animal agriculture has etc etc etc.

A good place to start looking at these issues is a free kindle book called 'Why we should go vegan' by Magnus Vinding. Have a look --its a real no brainer to go vegan!!
Trev

Postby Enlightened2B » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Please read my reply in the other thread Trev. I think you mean well, but your posts are filled with ignorance on food and diet in general because you're spewing vegan propaganda which is everywhere in the mainstream. The American Dietetic Association is the LAST organization to take any legitimate dietary advice from. They haven't a clue on what is right for your body because they work together with big pharma with the selling of anti-cholesterol drugs into the 'low fat diet' nonsense which is incredibly unhealthy for any human being. Your body NEEDS cholesterol.

Please do some unbiased research in order to make better decisions on food and diet. I used to be a vegetarian until I realized my body was not getting the most nutrients from this diet. I HIGHLY recommend you read the following link.

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/abcs-of-nutrition/myths-of-vegetarianism/

Food is not supposed to be a moral issue. Unfortunately, when you rely on mainstream sources such as the ADA, AMA or large amounts of vegan sources, you'll see that they are linked directly with big government agencies like the pharmaceutical industry which controls everything in healthcare.
Enlightened2B

Postby Trev » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:45 am

Please see the vegetarian/vegan post for further replies so as not to duplicate responses
Trev

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion