The Divine dichotomy of opposite energies

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
letitgo

The Divine dichotomy of opposite energies

Post by letitgo » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 pm

You can thank… or blame… Lucy for this post. A few weeks ago she alluded to the fact that love was, “an energy with no opposites”. I couldn’t get this out of my mind, in a good way, and had to share this subject which I’ll be pondering and modifying as I continue to gain insight into it’s meaning.

The Divine dichotomy of opposite energies;

If you grew up hungry, only surviving on bread and water and scraps, you might look at a piece of cheese with the same desire as another would look at a piece of gold. If you grew up in the artic, zero degrees might seem to you… balmy. If you have only known lack and practically lived penniless, and have never even seen more than ten dollars, one hundred dollars might seem to you like one hundred thousand seemed to another.

By the same token, your hunger may have given you the ability to taste and be satisfied more than any human being on earth. The cold you experienced might make you relish the warmth of two degrees with a greater appreciation than that of someone experiencing the warmth of a day at the beach. And your lifetime of lack may have been the spring-board for a life of blissful satisfaction beyond a millionaire’s dreams, just by working a satisfying job, making a middle class wage.

We live in a world of relativity. We can’t fully experience one without fully knowing the other.

This is how and why a person in full mastery of herself says, “thank you” in every situation. Not because she is so tolerant, noble or long suffering, but because she understands that every situation is an opportunity to see, feel and become the opposite energy of what seems so distasteful. She recognizes that without that opposite, she would simply just “be“... without needs and wants and emotions. She would just be. Without the experience, it’s all just conjecture. We’re here to experience all the edges of all the energies we can fathom. The good and the bad. The high and the low. The dark and the light. One without the other would be boring.

You even have the right to not participate in this Divine dichotomy. You can decide, and may have even already decided, that it hurts too much to put yourself out there just to get hurt again. Maybe the first person you fell in love with broke your heart. Maybe the only person you really ever trusted, left you. This is a gift. Having just experienced such a great pain, you’re in the perfect position to experience the opposite of that pain and betrayal. Just like the person in full mastery of their life, you could say, “Thank you. This hurts so bad… that I am going to recognize it’s opposite with incredible bliss.”

Masters become an energy that can go anywhere and do anything. It has no opposites. It resist nothing, therefore is everywhere. A master of life operates within this energy. A master has experienced all energies and is surprised by nothing and fears nothing and makes no attachment to any other energy and does not resist any other energy, thereby giving no other energy a position or strength. A master of life recognizes and touches and experiences other energies, but remains untouchable. Aware and watchful, but not concerned with the outcome. The energy that the master stays within is love. Love is God. God is everywhere. Resisting nothing, concerned by nothing, creating everything. Experiencing and being, the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. A master knows that this energy does not want or need his blessing or praise, but relishes with him in his experience. A master knows that nothing is shocking or repulsive to an energy which has seen all and known all for infinity. Therefore he knows that his choices are only for his greatest and grandest experiencing of the life he was given as a gift. And he knows that he can infinitely enjoy his gift of life by choosing in every situation, his highest and grandest thoughts. Which are… love not hate, peace not fear, life not death, abundance not lack, giving not jealousy, healing not disease, freedom not oppression, comfort not pain. His choices are perfectly in line with the All That Is, or Source, or God. But not because he fears God, but because he recognizes God… in all things. And he recognizes himself… in all things.

These unique individuals, our teachers, don’t stop wanting or needing or feeling once “enlightenment” is reached. I believe masters like Eckhart have become the energy with no opposites. They still decide what they want and make decisions and even have needs, but they recognize so clearly the smorgasbord of energies around them, that they completely accept what is, and naturally draw higher and grander peace to themselves constantly because it is the obvious thing to do.

Thanks for reading, Norm
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

Mesquared

Re: The Divine dichotomy of opposite energies

Post by Mesquared » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:29 am

I really enjoyed reading that, Norm, especially the paragraph about the masters. You can see this is so for Eckhart, can't you? Thanks for posting.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:18 am

I liked your post too, Norm. It reminds me of Byron Katies description of the master in 1000 Names for Joy.
Be present, be pleasant.

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:24 pm

I enjoyed it too Norm "energy with no opposites".

Elise

Post by Elise » Fri May 01, 2009 10:06 am

Great post Norm, very thoughtful
letitgo wrote:By the same token, your hunger may have given you the ability to taste and be satisfied more than any human being on earth. The cold you experienced might make you relish the warmth of two degrees with a greater appreciation than that of someone experiencing the warmth of a day at the beach. And your lifetime of lack may have been the spring-board for a life of blissful satisfaction beyond a millionaire’s dreams, just by working a satisfying job, making a middle class wage...

Maybe the first person you fell in love with broke your heart. Maybe the only person you really ever trusted, left you. This is a gift. Having just experienced such a great pain, you’re in the perfect position to experience the opposite of that pain and betrayal. Just like the person in full mastery of their life, you could say, “Thank you. This hurts so bad… that I am going to recognize it’s opposite with incredible bliss.”
FABULOUS POINTS, it is so true that when you are hungry.. thats when meals are so satisfying. With regards to your comment about love. From someone who has recently gone through what could be termed as heart break - which the power of now's chapter on attachment & relationships helped me heal.. - I learned that that experience which caused me great pain was a HUGE catalyst to me healing a sense of incompleteness I held within.

I was one of those people who said.. when I get into the perfect relationship, THEN i will be happy. I manifested a really, really good feeling relationship but then the guy had to move. I learned through that loss that I cannot make my sense of identity about being with another. I am not so & so's girlfriend :)

I learned that that need to be nurturing & loving although well meaning was linked to a deep desire to be loved & to belong to something greater than myself

I am learning now that that something greater is ME, ME in my full, whole state
letitgo wrote:Masters become an energy that can go anywhere and do anything. It has no opposites. It resist nothing, therefore is everywhere...I believe masters like Eckhart...completely accept what is
The whole vibe of your description of the master energy reminded me of this amazing lady who channels Jeshua - Christ Conciousness - Pamela Kribbe. All of her channelings are available for free on her website http://www.jeshua.net

There is a similar theme of accepting what is & healing through brining the light of your conciousness to the pain & darkness instead of pushing it under the rug so to speak.

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Fri May 01, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks to all for your kind remarks. This concept of opposite energies continues to intrigue me and I've added a page on my website just to carry on the idea.

Nothing makes me happier than finding people who enjoy and even get excited about these subjects!

Thanks again, Norm

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed May 06, 2009 5:30 am

Here's a thought: The opposite of love is fear, not hate. Love and fear are the two fundamental emotions.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Wed May 06, 2009 5:52 am

Sighclone wrote:Here's a thought: The opposite of love is fear, not hate. Love and fear are the two fundamental emotions.

Andy
Divine Love has no opposite. The love and hate pair we often talked about is the two opposites of the coin desire. Fear is a level below desire in emotional development. So when one is into the desire zone, fear is transcended.

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Wed May 06, 2009 5:20 pm

In reference to "actual" energies, I believe Andy is correct, there are only two... love and fear. All other energies are subcategories. And since there are only two energies, they are obsolute opposites. This has been outlined very well in the book, Conversations With God by Neale Walsch.

Another very interesting point in this book was with regard to a Master's response to life always being the same... "What would love do?" This wasn't included in my original post for the same reason as the love/hate - or - love/fear. Because I can't quite relate to that simplistic approach to life... yet. It makes me a bit uncomfortable to recognize this simplicity as a moment-to-moment awareness, but I believe there are many who can and do have this response.

It has been my personal experience, that the more simple life becomes, such as these two very easy and direct responses to life... "love not fear" and "what would love do?", the more uncomfortable the mind becomes. I don't mind pointing this out though, because I recognize it. And once we begin to recognize what we think or feel or do, without resistance, things begin to change and morph and greater awareness reveals itself.

Thanks, Norm

Jubal1019

Post by Jubal1019 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:52 pm

The Divine Dichotomy
              The Business of the Is-ness
That which is   And that which is not.
What you are experiencing is that which is
What you are not experiencing is that which is not. Pretty simple so far but there is more. 
There are two conceptual fields in which we experience the is and is not. These conceptual fields are Love and Fear. From these two points all others are created. Negative and positive, good and evil and so forth. All other points come from these two points( Love and Fear). In essence good comes from Love and Evil comes from fear. They are actually elements of these two points.  A conceptual field is a point in the field that has been experienced. What we conceive, we experience. 
In whole there is only one point -that is Love. That is why they say 
" In the absent of what is not.... What is ... Is not"  
Love then is divided into two points ( Love and Fear) so that we may experience the first. You can not experience one without the other. You can not experience cold if you have not experience hot. There would be no up if there were no down. You can not experience Love without experiencing Fear. From these two points we conceive a point on or near one of the two based off of our experience. This is our conceptual point in which we create life's experiences. As the earth revolves around the sun we too revolve around these two points. For to stay strictly in love we could not experience it without Fear. Just as earth has seasons that go from cold to hot so do we.  Now to experience fear in order that you may experience love.....it is not necessary to travel to its opposite conceptual point. Just observe it's opposite conceptual point around you and remember it's effects. This will allow you to get the full experience out of Love.  Example: if one were unhealthy and fought a terrible sickness then got better to the point that you were in perfect health. After a lot of time passed in perfect health you would lose the experience you had of good health when first winning the fight. You would only need to observe someone else in this struggle and remember its effects to fully experience good health again. 
Sometimes we don't do this and we say we took that for granted or we say you never know what you have until it's gone. 
This application of remembering -- reassemble all parts ( Love and Fear) evolves us to the one true point which is Love.
The absents of love is Fear. In order to experience Fear we must forget our connection to love. When we forget we move away from love and in the absents of love is Fear. From fear spring many elements. Hatred, prejudice, envy, jealousy, just to name a few. Many have grouped these as Evil but they all derive from Fear.  From Love springs compassion, forgiveness courage, giving and many more. Everything can always be traced back to Love or Fear.
To take control of your life you simply need to  look at each thought as a step toward Love or Fear. The Great deception is that our feet take us where we want to go; in truth... Your thoughts take you! Your feet just follow! Ask yourself how many steps did I take towards fear today and how many towards love? The majority steps win.  As for me this is the path I am on now. Learning to make each step toward Love out of Love.  Will you join me?

letitgo

Post by letitgo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:10 am

I'm trying Jubal, I'm trying...