Why Are You Still Alive?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
jugu

Why Are You Still Alive?

Post by jugu » Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 am

"Without sorrow, without anger, without love, every breath is just a tick of the clock."

Why are you still alive?

weopposedeception

Re: Why Are You Still Alive?

Post by weopposedeception » Sat May 09, 2009 2:44 am

I am ___________.

Plorel

Post by Plorel » Sat May 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Without sorrow, without anger there is only love and every breath is a full expression of peace and compassion.
Who am I without my story?

jugu

Post by jugu » Sun May 10, 2009 1:05 am

Plorel wrote:Without sorrow, without anger there is only love and every breath is a full expression of peace and compassion.
What can you show show to support this?

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sun May 10, 2009 3:13 am

jugu wrote:"Without sorrow, without anger, without love, every breath is just a tick of the clock."

Why are you still alive?
Joy of being.

goman87

Post by goman87 » Sun May 10, 2009 3:31 am

jugu wrote:
Plorel wrote:Without sorrow, without anger there is only love and every breath is a full expression of peace and compassion.
His being.

domokato

Post by domokato » Sun May 10, 2009 4:25 am

jugu wrote:"Without sorrow, without anger, without love, every breath is just a tick of the clock."

Why are you still alive?
To play in the world of form. You might not come back after you die, so now's the only chance to enjoy it :)
~housecat

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Sun May 10, 2009 6:02 am

There is no karmic decision to stop my physical manifestation.

jugu

Post by jugu » Sun May 10, 2009 7:44 am

karmarider wrote:
Joy of being.
What's that?

Plorel

Post by Plorel » Sun May 10, 2009 11:04 am

Hey jugu.

Can you please make clear what you are trying to get at? Every post you make here seems to contain the basic message that spirituality sucks. If that is your belief, why would you bother with it?

Are you trying to understand if there is more to it? Or are you trying to save us from this path to spare us from suffering?
I guess all this discussions with you lead to nowhere, simply for the reason that your experience in completely different from mine (and everyone elses from what I here). I don't think that any experience in more valid than another, but when I experience peace and joy through a way of living I wouldn't believe anyone who tells me that me feelings are wrong and I am deluded. I guess thats also why you insist that your experience with spirituality contains the truth. We are only playing with words here and words will never be stronger than personal experience.

I hope you find your way

stefan
Who am I without my story?

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Simple awareness. Right now, a morning dove, other birds, the sound of traffic, my dog panting, the amazing play of morning light and the wind as one changes the aspect of each leaf to refract the other in endless complexity.

All for the awareness in me, if I let it be.....(and the crows, haw!)
Be present, be pleasant.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Jugu was not wrong. "Believing spirituality will solve all problem in life" does suck. He has reached that understanding. We should cheer him on that he may go beyond that understanding of his.

jugu

Post by jugu » Sun May 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Plorel wrote:Can you please make clear what you are trying to get at?
I guess I'm trying to challenge the purpose of this site, for good or for worst. If it's all true than it should be able to withstand a little jostling.
Plorel wrote:Every post you make here seems to contain the basic message that spirituality sucks
Yeah, they totally do. Most of the messages I received here on my journey were nice, soft, hopeful views of enlightenment. My experience has been quite the opposite. I'm not going through some awful ordeal I need to "see my way through". No, I'm just trying to cope with some awful realities, writing these posts is my coping mechanism. I hope that I could persuade some people to perhaps choose a different path.
Plorel wrote:I don't think that any experience in more valid than another
At the core of every experience is a fundamental reality though, that reality is mainly what I talk about.
Plorel wrote:We are only playing with words here and words will never be stronger than personal experience.
Your right, ultimately it's up to you to find out yourself. Why listen to a bunch of blog gremlins like us?
If your really serious about all of this, you should physically relocate yourself away from your social ties, leave all your literature behind and meditate all day long. Sounds pretty extreme, yes, but this is an extreme game, it's not a regular sunday mass.

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Sun May 10, 2009 5:52 pm

jugu wrote:
Plorel wrote:Can you please make clear what you are trying to get at?
I guess I'm trying to challenge the purpose of this site, for good or for worst. If it's all true than it should be able to withstand a little jostling.
Sure. Would this true of your beliefs as well?
jugu wrote:If your really serious about all of this, you should physically relocate yourself away from your social ties, leave all your literature behind and meditate all day long. Sounds pretty extreme, yes, but this is an extreme game, it's not a regular sunday mass.
Tolle and other popular non-dual teachers say nothing of the sort. This seems to be the advice that you yourself followed, believing that you would certainly reach enlightenment with this recipe. When it didn't happen what resulted? Where did this idea come from? How did you come to believe it? Is it true?
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

gdvant

Post by gdvant » Mon May 11, 2009 3:09 am

Without sorrow, without anger there is only love and every breath is a full expression of peace and compassion.
Is the question whether someone else can support a statement or is it whether the matter is self-evident?
Take the statement "where there is fear or sorrow or anger, there is no love." To find out the truth of the
matter each must inquire and delve deeply into what is the nature of love? When there is fear or sorrow or
anger, what is dominating consciousness? Is there space for love to enter when the mind is so occupied?

The notion of a continuous state of peace and compassion (i.e every breath...) is problematic. Sounds
rather ambitious. If there is only now, what is it to seek a continuous state?