Why Are You Still Alive?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
HowToKnowGod

Re: Why Are You Still Alive?

Post by HowToKnowGod » Mon May 11, 2009 3:20 am

There's no such thing as "I", so "I" am not alive. When the cosmos believes itself as "I" suffering occurs.

goman87

Post by goman87 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:46 am

hello ju. You want to talk real eh.
Put away your ideas man and any belief you've had. Every illusion and every overthought you're keeping get rid of. I'll help you live real

goman87

Post by goman87 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:47 am

HowToKnowGod wrote:There's no such thing as "I", so "I" am not alive. When the cosmos believes itself as "I" suffering occurs.
This is true.

jugu

Post by jugu » Mon May 11, 2009 6:03 am

To fulfill the wishes of universal consciousness of course! :wink: Let me be the vessel and it grab the tiller. Full speed ahead :!:

goman87

Post by goman87 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:06 am

Oh. Than you're not real with me.

OneLove

Post by OneLove » Sat May 16, 2009 1:59 am

A question I ask myself on bad days...

goman87

Post by goman87 » Sat May 16, 2009 3:21 am

OneLove wrote:A question I ask myself on bad days...
You must be deep in the dark ;)

johny

Post by johny » Mon May 18, 2009 10:27 am

I don't know. Lol.
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.

johny

Post by johny » Mon May 18, 2009 10:39 am

But boy, it feels great to be alive. :-)
Surrendered laziness is my birth right --Johny
If your post/response was more than 5 lines I probably have not/will not read it. Drop me a PM if you want me to.

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Mon May 18, 2009 11:04 am

Suicide is not a way out. Void is not a way out. According to reincarnation, there is no way out of being alive unless one freely choose to be forever separated from God, Life :shock:

Peaceman

Post by Peaceman » Wed May 20, 2009 10:12 pm

I am sure this quote will fit in somewhere....gets out measuring tape......

The ancient masters slept without dreams and woke up without worries. Their food was plain. Their breath came from deep inside them. They didn’t cling to life, weren’t anxious about death. They emerged without desire and reentered without resistance. They came easily; they went easily. They didn’t forget where they were from; they didn’t ask where they were going. They took everything as it came, gladly, and walked into death without fear. They accepteded life as a gift, and they handed it back gratefully,

- Chuang-tzu

I can always cut it out if you dont like it!!!

Tony-S-Ma

Post by Tony-S-Ma » Thu May 21, 2009 12:56 am

This is my observation:

Each person starts at a certain level of consciousness. Some are content to live at the same level for rest of their lives. Some tried to function at a higher level, but eventually gave up due to the hardship of trying. Some achieved higher level by trying, and happier and content at the higher level. Some reached higher level accidentally from single life perspective. Some keep going till death.

When I engage with most people at ripeful old age, I always sense the calmness of achievement and contentment as if their lives have been well spent. I am fortunate to have met an old man who keeps going at the ripeful age of 79. In his presence, all my dissatisfaction with Life are gone. To me, it is not "Why Are You Still Alive?" anymore, it is "Every moment of Life should not be wasted."

I must confess that I never seriously agree with the teaching of contentment since I was able to understand it. Chinese culture teaches a lot about contentment with what Life has to offer. This teaching can be interpreted as "what one perceives Life has to offer". I perceive that Life offers infinite abundance as long as I keep going. In my experiment, when I run out of energy, I fell off consciousness and Life recharges me. It is not really that I keep going. It is Life keeps going.