The Only THing I Have To Deal With Is The Present Moment

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: The Only THing I Have To Deal With Is The Present Moment

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:07 am

oh dear see how easy it is to judge prematurely.
Having taken a little time to look at possibilities instead of jumping to conclusions too soon, what Ralph said was not to 'say nothing' but that the statements that 'sound profound and say nothing', will eventually make sense.

Here I'll add commas for phrasing -

Ralph said : I suggest you be patient and with time these statements, that sound profound and say absolutely nothing, will eventually make sense to you.

What Ralph is also not doing is taking offence himself or on behalf of another, or making enemy, obstacle, means to an end...

Ralph said: Hey xtallman, you are, afterall, in a chatroom , what did you expect ?
There are people here from all different backgrounds speaking their views. Take what resonates for you and ignore the rest. If you are sincere and honest with your questions, you have some people here that will respond back to you in the same way.

What arose in you rideforever?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby rideforever » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:24 am

Now who's taking offence of behalf of someone else ?

I am very happy for someone on here to call BS when he hears it. And to "say absolutely nothing" is cowardice and dishonesty. Acceptance is not playing along, keeping silent, and making nice : it is just accepting yourself ... and if you call BS - so be it.

Ralph was not offering anything at all. He suggests that even if you don't like it, you should shut up. What kind of advice is that ???
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Ralph » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:41 am

Boy ! Forgeting a comma can get one in a lot of trouble. :)

Thanks smileyjen for inserting the comma but unfortunately rideforeverr still misunderstands what I said.
Ralph

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:04 am

Now who's taking offence of behalf of someone else ?

rideforever I now have a name for the different 'states' (see the Being Human thread). The Alpha state of relaxed awareness can operate quite harmoniously in evaluating and responding (in love energy) without taking offence or making enemy, obstacle or means to an end of a person, thing or situation.

It feel like a sigh .. kind of like my 'oh dear'.... it's gentle, it's easy, it's not upset or reactive at all. It's the nuance of the benign question - 'is that so?' when differing points of viewing collide. If you've read A New Earth there is a wonderful demonstration of 'is that so' energy in a story in there about a monk falsely accused of a thing.

The Beta state of arousal treats these mis-takes differently it can cause us to feel edgy and stressed out and reactive. This is the state in which we take 'offence'. It's actually a brain response to stimuli interpreted along frequencies.

From the article I mention in the other thread:
Under calm conditions, when we are relaxed, the brain produces Alpha waves (8-12 hertz). We produce Beta waves (12-25 hz) when in a state of heightened watchfulness and reactivity. Berger also noted that aggressive behavour may erupt when we are in beta.

The positive function of beta is that it sharpens our responses and keeps us alert. A healthy amount of beta is necessary for us to function in daily life, and essential in life and death situations where the 'flight or fight' response is appropriate. However beta run amok can also keep us edgy and stressed out. Spending a significant amount of time over a sustained period in beta - even as an appropriate response to our environment, can cause us to suffer negative psychological and physical side effects as a result. The long term effects of primarily operating in beta can be destructive. Decisions made in beta can be reactive and defensive, rather than collaborative and constructive. Typically those who have lived with stressful situations for many years may become so entrenched in beta-driven responses that, even when the source of stress is removed, they continue to respond in that way; a person an come to mistakenly interpret an everyday occurrence as a life and death situation.

In alpha we naturally have a better command of our life, our health and our moods. We are able to think more clearly, consider responses and perhaps make more creative decisions, with better long term results. Certain types of music (or I would add being in tune with some nature sound vibrations, rustling trees, flowing rivers etc) can help us enhance the production of alpha brain waves and the associated chemicals, providing a powerful positive influence on how we feel, our reactions and behaviours and the health of our bodies' cells.
John Levine - the power of sound.

I read your response that resonated as a Beta response (reaction) to Ralph's Alpha (awareness) response and was able to apply Alpha awareness to there being a mis-take rather than an intended offence and point out the mis-take in communicating.

At no time did I take offence at you or on anyone else's behalf, and if you take a breath and calm down a little (find your way to the Alpha state) you might notice, neither has Ralph.

@ Ralph: No worries I'll give you some spare ones to use in future ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
:lol:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby rideforever » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:33 am

You didn't take offence ? Well why did you start your post with "oh dear". Come on, be honest.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby Yutso » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:17 pm

"The brain did not create consciousness, consciousness created the human brain."

Upon this, hinges everything else in tems of enlightenment.
Last edited by Yutso on Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yutso

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:57 pm

rideforever I now have a name for the different 'states' (see the Being Human thread). The Alpha state of relaxed awareness can operate quite harmoniously in evaluating and responding (in love energy) without taking offence or making enemy, obstacle or means to an end of a person, thing or situation.

It feels like a sigh .. kind of like my 'oh dear'.... it's gentle, it's easy, it's not upset or reactive at all. It's the nuance of the benign question - 'is that so?' when differing points of viewing collide. If you've read A New Earth there is a wonderful demonstration of 'is that so' energy in a story in there about a monk falsely accused of a thing.

The Beta state of arousal treats these mis-takes differently it can cause us to feel edgy and stressed out and reactive. This is the state in which we take 'offence'. It's actually a brain response to stimuli interpreted along frequencies.

I was being honest.
smiileyjen101

Postby Yutso » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:04 am

Alpha state, Beta state. I like this. Thank you smiileyjen101.

I wonder, would beta frequency emitting people fit the emotional vampires descriptions? http://www.drjudithorloff.com/Free-Arti ... rvival.htm

Beta states, emotional vampires, both seem to correlate with Tolle's various desciptions of ego.
Yutso

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:24 am

Yutso we need to spend time in both alpha and beta (and I'd probably suggest no harm in omega frequency ranges - I made that up!! and others they haven't 'measured' and assigned names to yet :wink: )

The positive function of beta is that it sharpens our responses and keeps us alert. A healthy amount of beta is necessary for us to function in daily life,

From this paper that I read, I can see that things like playing sports, driving a motor vehicle in busy traffic, some work tasks, running for a bus, crossing the road would all (hopefully) occur within the beta levels of response and alertness. Neither of them need to be good/bad, but in a horses for courses sense, and even better in an awareness and moving into that (either) 'state' at will sense, doing so consciously, awarely is probably more likely to be beneficial than not understanding or being aware of the state you are in.

I think I want to move this discussion more to the Being Human thread where I muse about the human ability to interpret these frequency ranges of stimuli and pretty much learn to re-cognise / pin point what and from where energies are moving or in motion. I was just thrilled to find 'science' catching on in terms of the emotional and thought energies produced being recognisable.

When I was much younger I learned to harmonise in voice, or hit or 'read' any note by noticing/finding the place on the facial-cranial structure that it would vibrate in me, then I could reproduce it by applying the 'right' tension on my vocal chords for however long a note needed to last. We learn that by the 'beat', pretty soon you're responding automatically because you 'know the language'. No different to seeing an amber traffic light and not having to think about slowing down (or speeding up as the case may be ; ). It was just another sensory learning thing, like 'reading' scents in a meal, or reading temperature on skin, or seeing a red traffic light and 'knowing' what that meant, or hearing a word and knowing the 'range' of possible meanings in the context.

The thing for me was it also made so much more vibrational ranges 'make sense' and pay attention to re-cognise' vibrationary stimuli. Which is the human condition.

In reality that's all music, all music is, and everything 'creates music'. Its the music that we respond to even if we don't know we are responding to it, and in turn, creating it.

- vibrating energy in motion by the length of the cycle - which is how 'hertz' are explained.
The hertz (symbol: Hz) is a unit to measure frequency. It tells how often something happens. A frequency of 1 hertz means that something happens once a second. The pitch of the note Middle C (the C in the middle of the piano) is 262 Hz. This means there are 262 vibrations every second when a Middle C is played.

The frequency resonates and just like water finds its own level.
It's how deaf people can 'hear' learn to translate music into feelings and even colours and patterns when they close their eyes, and you don't have to be deaf to do that either, you can create synchronicity of the senses.

Now in emotional terms - what is it when you 'feel down'? Or feel 'up'? Or feel heavy hearted (slowed) or de-lighted (faster). Happiness is fleeting because it is not held on to, it's too fast, it's too 'high' in frequency (cycles of energy) However if you want to hold onto depressed (see the word use = down - slowed right down) states that's easy latch onto and replay any thing that will make you feel sluggish, afraid, cut off, dark --- play deep droning bass lines and line up to that.

So emotional vampires, after reading the article, are sort of drowning in their frequency and want others to join them there. They've learnt just like musicians how to 'create' the like energy. If they have stopped moving they will drown in their own energy, so they latch on to any passing moving energy and drag them down too. If the person latched onto stops moving they start drowning as well. It's why the water cooler biatch sessions can give those just walking past the heebie jeebies, even if no one is saying anything at that moment, the energy is resonating at that frequency. Those who stop are more likely to get 'sucked in'.

And now I pondered the thing I did at the top.. 'knowing' there are more frequency ranges than the Alpha and Beta described... so I went googling... and found tada... Theta and Delta and Lambda and HyperGamma and Gamma and Epsilon here http://www.neuroacoustic.com/sleep.html

Hmm thinnk I'll really have to merge this with the Being Human thread ; )
smiileyjen101

Postby Yutso » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:42 pm

Gratefulness for you post. You may find this interesting regarding gamma frequecy.

http://higher-music.com/buddhist-medita ... rainwaves/
Yutso

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 pm

Thanks Yutso I've moved the other posts relevant to this to the Being Human thread, I was setting the basis for this sort of discussion and it's all converging as it does, like energies meeting like. As an aside it was an EEG I 'played' with and the resultant comments from a neurologist that started me looking at EEG's capacities to measure these states of awareness. There is so much more so if you don't mind I might pinch this to over there too as it's quite 'off topic' in here.
smiileyjen101

Postby Yutso » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 pm

I mind not. I am nobodys' problem, not even my own.
Yutso

Postby NataliZ » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:27 am

Hello everybody,

I have read this complete thread and want to reply on xtalls original post. In the past I've read some scientific books on the concept of "time". Some may not realise it, in the scientific community there is a lot of discussion ongoing on the theme of "does Time exist/is there time flowing"? I hope the following will help, since the mind is trying to understand the Now / the Present moment:

Try to imagine the present moment / the now as the collection of all possible situations that exist. It is the equivalent of "all there is" (ever was, and ever will be). As you/your life is moving on the horizontal timeline of "clock time" (as we perceive this) a subcollection of all these possible situations are perceived by you, i.e. experienced by your mind. You mind puts these experiences on a timeline (clock time). However, at every clock time moment of your life the same collection of all possible situations that exists did not change, in other words all possible situations are there again, and do not cease to exist. That is I think what is also meant with the concept of "eternity".

I hope this helps your mind understand what the present moment could mean.

NataliZ
NataliZ

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion