Transceivers, that’s all

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
Sighclone

Transceivers, that’s all

Post by Sighclone » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:40 pm

That’s all we are. Engagers. Participants. Organic units transponding in this earth-plane.

For years and years, I would look in the mirror or look at my hand and say: What and why is this????

Finally, ET helped me understand. Understand many things. One of which is that as soon as we look at our hand, hear our own voice, recognize “ourself” as separate, that we step into and co-create the grand ‘appearance’ called samsara. (I don’t like the word “illusion” here because the experience is so self-referentially real.) Can’t see the forest for the trees. And boy are those trees real – they are everywhere!

What do we have if we remove egos from the planet? Six billion transceivers. Half of them with cell phones, half of those texting away. Like bees in a hive.

The sad, ironic, amusing thing is that they all compete for resources. So they need a “sense of self” to survive, and the bad-boy, the ego emerges.

Awakening, among other things is the “seeing,” the “experiencing” of the planet, and the universe with God’s eyes. We happen to have evolved a level of awareness which allows that capacity. But not very many of us get there. Too much busy, dramatic distraction, accompanied by big old hormones to keep our axes swinging. So we never see the forest.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

colinw

Re: Transceivers, that’s all

Post by colinw » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks, Andy: beautifully put! :D

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks Andy, you have articulated something I have intuitively been experiencing.
Be present, be pleasant.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:46 am

Thanks colinw and onceler. Stuff comes up and I try to write it down. Some of it may be meaningful, some of it may fizzle. It is what it is... I'm pleased that something resonated with you both.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

heidi

Post by heidi » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Nice little piece or writing there, Andy.
bzzzzzzzzzzzz
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

dubhasa

Post by dubhasa » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:21 pm

Beautifully said. So true.......

Dan_Clizer

Post by Dan_Clizer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:42 am

This is wonderful Andy! Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Dan

garuda

Post by garuda » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:11 pm

Nicely put, Andy. Don’t you just love it when we wake up on those fresh quiet mornings and we are blessed with some new insight or perspective on our common condition here on earth?

After reading this, however, it worried me somewhat about what would happen if the cell phones mysteriously developed an ego taint……then there would be nine billion contenders swinging an axe. :?
Recognize present awareness......... rest in that awareness..........don’t become distracted.

the key master

Post by the key master » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:17 pm

I still rock the standard flip phone. If the day comes when I upgrade to a blackberry or god help me this new droid phone i saw recently, please feel free to take it from me and smash it over my head. :lol:

forgotaboutbre

Post by forgotaboutbre » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:00 am

"Awakening, among other things is the “seeing,” the “experiencing” of the planet, and the universe with God’s eyes. We happen to have evolved a level of awareness which allows that capacity. But not very many of us get there. Too much busy, dramatic distraction, accompanied by big old hormones to keep our axes swinging. So we never see the forest."

I distinctly remember a moment I had, and this only happened to me ONE time in such a powerful way where I looked at my hands and I saw them as if I had just beamed down into this body and was experiencing my hands for the first time. For a long time I have been like you, looking in the mirror, looking at my hands, wonder just what I was looking at. Sometimes I would see a hand, sometimes I would see only the veil of my own insecurities staring back at me as I stared at the reflection in the mirror. And yet, other times, in precious moments I am able to slip through the cracks and I witness myself with a distinctly pure sense of objectiveness, where everything me and around me seems so fresh and unfamiliar. I would like to mention that I had the most powerful experience of seeing myself through "God's eyes" while "high" on marijuana. This doesn't happen every time I am high, but when I smoke and meditate all sorts of crazy stuff happens. I do not seek validation for my experience, nor do I wish to espouse any spiritual benefits of marijuana. All that I have is my experience, and I remember quite clearly what happened. I remember the distinct feeling of waking up inside this body, in this era, at this time, and seeing myself for the first time. I wasn't scared or creeped out. It felt right, but shortly after I remembered that so-called-I was high and I found reasons to doubt my experience. Crazy stuff.

Also, one time I was walking around a park near my house and as I listened to the sounds of the marsh nearby I realized that the whole marsh was a single living creature, I saw it with my own eyes, and in my own head, I experienced that marsh as a single living creature and through that microcosm I realized that there was no distinction between the marsh creature and the forest creature nearby, and that they were all subsets of a higher being, and so on and so forth all the way to the top, where everything converges into singularity.

--Mike

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:54 am

forgotaboutbre wrote:
"Awakening, among other things is the “seeing,” the “experiencing” of the planet, and the universe with God’s eyes.
So lovely! Thanks

forgotaboutbre

Post by forgotaboutbre » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:02 am

Gotta credit that one to Andy lol, sorry for the communicational mixup. I was quoting Andy but I failed to use the in house "quote" button and instead put Andy's words in quotations.

nightowl

Post by nightowl » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:05 pm

Maybe we are human versions of honeybees. Spreading consciousness instead of pollen.

forgotaboutbre

Post by forgotaboutbre » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Nightowl, awesome observation! Sometimes when I am outside I simply sit and watch the bees. I've noticed that they scan and scan and scan and scan, back and forth back and forth and then ZOOM one takes off and another replaces it on the same patch of grass within seconds. Scanning scanning scanning! Humans have so so many more degrees of freedom than honey bees... oh I wonder what we could do!

spikyface

Post by spikyface » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:35 pm

Good post but I have to disagree with one detail (apologies for nitpicking!)

I don't think the ego is innately bad, it's a necessary part of the corporeal human form; a survival mechanism

The problem is that most people don't realise there is a natural next stage in this evolution and the ones that do, don't know how to get there

Metaphorically speaking an egoic being is like a caterpillar, we could liken an awakened being to a butterfly

The problem is that we have 6 billions caterpillars and only a few butterflies
Do not take anyone as an authority on what you are. Ultimately all the answers lie within