But, oh baby you know what I like

What's that honey
Pick you up at 8 and don't be late
But baby I ain't got no money honey
Oh alright baby you know what I like
:)

Clare

Post by Clare » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:57 am

mccpcorn wrote: What I feel through my characters is a disidentified pain body. It's THEIR pain. It sounds kinda perverse - I guess it's like watching a soap opera - but because it's someone else's pain, you can feel the emotional trigger but still feel good about it because you know it isn't you and you can withdraw from it at any time. Of course it's a lie. It's nothing more than an extension of your own pain body, transposed to fictional characters. But the illusion makes it acceptable to the ego.
Crikey Pops, you could get me thinking LOADS about that one :lol:

Very good points. I was hedging it when I talked about mutual pain body feeding in relationships creating great poetry and love songs. I've had as an understanding for a long time that true creativity comes from a place of presence, and can't exist anywhere else, but then this seems to run counter to that belief - and of course all beliefs are just beliefs :)

I agree with you though that what happens when we work through our pain body creatively - whether that be writing, song, painting, whatever- is an externalising - a "disidentification" as you say - of the pain body. So in a way, creativity enables us to be the watcher - to place the drama into a 'story' that we feel completely in the moment, yet also acknowledge is a 'story' - not really 'I'. So in a way, it's practicing presence creatively!

Maybe this is why it is so healing. If you think ofall the people who created work out of immense pain and were transformed and delivered by it, it certainly seems to work

- sometimes.

But what about those who where never healed by it - or is that my perception? What about the Tragic Artist archetype? People who use art to emesh themselves further and further into their pain? And, on the other side of the spectrum, what about the Zen artists? Those who reach up for blissful Divine connection before they create?

I just observed myself trying to think about something that pulls all of this together, and it's not in thought! :) It just is, but I'm too along the thought track to get it now.

So... I'll sign off, have a little zone out cleaning the house, and maybe it will present itself.

Thanks, Pops. This is creating fantastic clarifications for me :)
Love, Clare
"The day is full of birds.
Sounds like they're saying words."

Kate Bush - "Aerial"
:)

myself

Post by myself » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:22 pm

din wrote:
Deep Deep Within, is the real beauty not the surface FLESH.
Ah yes the flesh!

What can we say about the flesh?

It's wonderful to touch.

Great to squeeze.

Loving to hold.

Fun to stroke.

But a pain in the ass when it hurts!!! :lol:

LOL! Well... DEEP DEEP WITHIN is where the beauty lies... but ALSO in the flesh... AND ALSO EVERYWHERE! GOD IS EVERYWHERE! BEING IS EVERYWHERE! And so is beauty.

:D

You could say... EVERYTHING is DEEP DEEP WITHIN... we just *think* it's out there!

myself

Post by myself » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:24 pm

din wrote:A love song for myself.

HAHAHAHA!!!

Oh yeah! You DO get a BIG SMOOCH for that one!

:lol: