A mask of the painbody

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
din

Post by din » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:37 pm

din darling I got you all figured out. You like to accuse just to see if someone reacts.. then you can come back and say.. SEE, there must have been something there otherwise you wouldn't have reacted to it. and all the while playing innocent too... like.. who me? i didn't do anything!
The point is there was a reaction happening in the thread.

See this!!!

And be free.
:)

myself

Post by myself » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:52 pm

din wrote:
din darling I got you all figured out. You like to accuse just to see if someone reacts.. then you can come back and say.. SEE, there must have been something there otherwise you wouldn't have reacted to it. and all the while playing innocent too... like.. who me? i didn't do anything!
The point is there was a reaction happening in the thread.

See this!!!

And be free.
Oh? Did you see a reaction?

:lol:

din

Post by din » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Oh? Did you see a reaction?
Perhaps you should ask Heidi that.

Viv

Post by Viv » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:31 pm

Hey, it's Jada!

I thought you looked and sounded familiar!

Anois

Post by Anois » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:52 pm

Myself,

Have you been giving out pics as Jada as well ?

Can I have the url ?

myself

Post by myself » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:43 am

Viv wrote:Hey, it's Jada!

I thought you looked and sounded familiar!
Hi ya Viv! :D

myself

Post by myself » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:49 am

Anois wrote:Myself,

Have you been giving out pics as Jada as well ?

Can I have the url ?
Hi Anois,

Viv recognized me from the Now-for-You board that we both belonged to, which I no longer belong to. I had a picture posted there as an avatar... the smaller one of the two I have earlier in this thread.

Clare

Post by Clare » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:32 am

Hi Myself,

That's a lovely picture of yourself you have there - hubba hubba.

And it did make me smile too when you posted it up under your name, and then wrote a very interesting post about romantic/intimate/sexual longing, then second post going into details of what you are like in the hands of the right man, and how you have always been looking for...etc etc - and all these hotblooded egoless males here went howling at the moon for you, which you seem to be enjoying immensely. So much so you put a BIGGER picture up.

I don't have a problem with it at all - makes me smile. If I didnt have a wooden leg, a small penis and scurvy I would be doing it myself and NOT CARE A JOT! for the subject matter of this forum. But if you are looking for someone to tell you it like it is, I'm your girl. - scurvy and all (could I be your girl? Aww c'mon, Just a piccie then? ;) )

But anyway, back to the very interesting subject matter.

This was something that Eckhart was very clear about in one of his recordings.I undersood it on the level of feeling incomplete within oneself, and seeking that personal intimacy with your Higher Self- with your Divine Self, within another. It's actually a very sadomasochistic pain, because the ego can allow you to feel that romantic heady connection as It, when what is really happening is mutual longings are meeting and feeding - mutual pain bodies.

Eckhart clarified this for me when he said that oftentimes people relate and meet and connect entirely through the pain body. That if the mutual longing painbody is strong then the connection can seem irresistable. It's where we find tragic and beautiful relationships where people passionately cling to eachother and then tear eachother apart. It's where we find intense passionate momentary connections with people who then abandon us or we abandon them, or who betray us terribly. It's the pivot that every tearful morning after the crazy weekend that started off amazing and then just went wrong and wronger turns on. And, then there are enabling relationships, where someone carries another's pain for them, or whose relationship is based around a commonality of shared painful experience.

And it all boils down to something very simple - mutual feeding of pain body.

I don't think there is anything wrong with these kinds of relationships - had a few myself. Their drama can be very entertaining and create a lot of heartwrenching love songs and poetry for sure:) But there is another level of relating - when one is complete within oneself, and another complete person comes along to share with you in joy and wholeness. These relationships seem to be more stable and benefical in terms of creating peace in one's life - but then who always needs that? I also believe that even in this kind of relationship the old ego wll take a stroll - how could it not? We are people!

I think it's great to have a choice. But I also feel it's important to not mistake one thing for another, or something for something that it isn't.

Great topic!
"The day is full of birds.
Sounds like they're saying words."

Kate Bush - "Aerial"

myself

Post by myself » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:07 pm

Hi Clare,

You know... there is such peace in the recognition that all these thoughts that are exchanged in these threads... they are just perceptions... light, buoyant, inconsequential... just floating by like clouds.... drifting along... evaporating into thin air, into space... when there is no longer condensation to give them form. Perhaps it could be said that our emotions are the condensation that gives form to thought. So without that emotion... we are just left with nothing... appearing as something... as with a cloud. :)

We can play with perceptions... shape the cloud how we want to. Has anyone done that before... reshape a cloud? I used to play this game all the time where I would look at a cloud and make it disappear. I would visualize it disappearing... and often times it would (unless I was efforting, in which case it never worked). lol!

I'd like to take a look at the progression of this thread from a new perspective... one that perhaps includes elements of the old perspective that I had.. but reshaped in a new way.

The simple structure of this thread is this:

1. I wrote about an insight I had about the pain body in reference to romantic longing that I had experienced in the past.

2. A few other posters elaborated on this subject.

3. Then I added some more detailed information in response to the other posters... and to give example of what led to my original post.

4. Then the conversation changed and became playful and flirtatious.

5. Then Heidi responded with a perception that this playfulness and flirtatiousness taking place is an example of the pain body in action in the arena of romantic relationships and longing.

Clare... the message in your post speaks of the same perception as what Heidi had. So let's take a closer look at this.

Why draw such a conclusion that the pain body is active now in this thread? Where does this perception come from? Who is having this experience?

Is there an assumption that BECAUSE I was once unconsciously taken over by the pain body in response to a relationship that the past is still continuing HERE and NOW? Could it be possible that with my recognition I am now free and not suffering from these unconscious influences?

Is there an assumption that BECAUSE there is playfulness and flirting taking place that this is a sign of dysfunctional relating? Could it be that what is taking place is SIMPLY playfulness and flirting?

Is there an assumption that BECAUSE some of the guys showed appreciation for an attractive female that it means they are unconsciously acting out the ego? Could it be that they are centered and peaceful WHILE showing appreciation for an attractive female?

Is there an assumption that any of us are identified with the body or with the looks of the body or with the nature of the interactions with our bodies? COULD IT BE THAT WE ARE NOW SIMPLY PLAYING AND HAVING FUN?

Just because the thread started out discussing one thing... DOES NOT MEAN that it continued to be relevant or applicable later in the thread. It's easy to assume that there is a continuing relationship between the various posts in the thread... but that is not being present or living in the now. The conversation had changed. But some people saw it as still being one and the same.

So here we are. Some people hold the perception that the pain body is still at play. Others say no. So what? These are all perceptions, every one. What is relevant is that we recognize this... and in this recognition we are free of the heaviness of identification with any of these thoughts. IF in fact the pain body is still lurking there somewhere beneath the surface... tis OK... it will present itself in time. And those of us that are still unconsciously identified with it may learn from the suffering that ensues.

It's all good. :D

Clare wrote: I don't have a problem with it at all - makes me smile. If I didnt have a wooden leg, a small penis and scurvy I would be doing it myself and NOT CARE A JOT! for the subject matter of this forum. But if you are looking for someone to tell you it like it is, I'm your girl. - scurvy and all (could I be your girl? Aww c'mon, Just a piccie then? ;) )
LOL! uhhh.... could you be my girl... with a wooden leg, scurvy and a small penis? :shock: Ya know... this pushes the limits even for my adventurous spirit. eeeeeek!

As far as telling me like it is.... oh gosh... hahahaha.... well I like directness alright... and I like it when people are honest and straighforward with me... but let me suggest that you don't try to tell me "it like it is"... because YOU DON'T KNOW "it" like it is. At best, you can share your honest perception, which is fine. And I'll respond with my honest perception, which is fine. Let's not forget though... that we are still dealing with perceptions here. That's all.

Cheers. :)

Patterns

Post by Patterns » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:40 pm

As a sleepwalker these are my thoughts:

Personally, I've just recently come to accept it's all 100% relative to the observer. There’s no “out there.” That's all that can be said - that's MY perception, and MINE only. Others are of course completely free to disagree with me or to see into this thread as they so choose. I respect that. You can try to get into an argument with "me," but I will see right past it and only smile. It's simply not going to work. It's not how "I" function any longer. Who "I" is - I am still not clear on.

I told her she was attractive because I think she is. I was being playful - yes a bit flirty too - I was enjoying myself, absoluetely. I like to put smiles on others’ faces for my own enjoyment. I can see how someone that considers thsmselves unattractive may react in a “negative” way; so be it. Their choice, not mine. I like to think of myself as being honest and straight-forward. If I did not find her attractive, I would not have said I did. It’s all a matter of opinion.

I've had a few insights lately. I can honestly say, I agree with everyone in this thread - the way they see it, is the way they see it. If I choose to disagree with someone, I’m arguing with reality - and I lose. It's so simple. No one is "wrong" -- it's simply not possible.

People are free to read my posts and think whatever whatever. It’s all good! Nothing more needs to be said, as I see it.

Cheers! :) (Jada, I wrote this before I saw how you ended your reply to Clare -- I swear, I'm not reading your mind! haha)

myself

Post by myself » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi ya Patterns (can I call you Patty for short?) :D

You know I recently discovered the joy of being misunderstood. I used to have a real hard time with that... because truly most people completely misunderstand me and where I'm coming from. Like in this thread for example. The perception was that I was pissed off, engaging in a "row" or a "cat fight" or whatever...

In truth I was entirely calm and peaceful the whole time... perhaps a little surprised at some of the reactions. Sometimes my words can seem strong. Some people at times feel attacked it seems.. perhaps they see themselves as victims or they are prone to taking things personally, without owning their reactions. Who knows?

The point is... it's so wonderful when we stop caring whether we are understood... stop needing that understanding... and LET MISUNDERSTANDING BE.

Patterns, you recognize truly... that you share your perception, as does everyone else, and then the responses to those perceptions are just more perceptions. We can get lost in the reaction... so why react? We can remember what is really going on... and be free.

Cheers again! :D hahaha

Clare

Post by Clare » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:35 pm

Y'know for someone who purports to not really be bothered, to have no pain body etc etc, you certainly seem hell bent on defending yourself - defending what? You're not doing anything wrong, jada - except maybe missing an irony, and taking other people's notice of that very personally.

I'll try again. One more time. I am not suggesting that your flirtatiousness with other members is a pain body. I'm suggesting that you ironically set up a situation where projection, sexual longing, etc could occur in a thread about projection , sexual longing. It wasn't particulalry fiendish - it just was.

Or least way that's how I saw it, and yes, it's my perception. Could be wrong, and often am. Don't really care.

I'll now go off and cry and rage with my pain body of your rejection of my offer to be your girl -Didn't anyone ever tell you it's the personality that counts? :wink: (and if you miss the irony on that one, I'll send you a scurvied blanket as a punishment).

:lol:

Kate Bush - "Aerial"

Clare

Post by Clare » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:06 pm

Let me try this, because I am presently trying a new way to approach any disharmony whatsoever, and have just noticed that the last post is what I would have written two weeks ago, and I am trying to be different now.

Doesn't make it less true for me, but so is this..

Jada, I feel that you perceive misunderstanding of your motives here, and that can sometimes be very hard because we all have our intentions and if other people don't receive them in the right way, it can be frustrating. I also feel that you felt others were trying to take a swipe at you, and it made you defensive.

We're all just trying to guard the little piece of sacredness within us. You may not agree with me, but the more I conflict with people the more I understand this - as my understanding, my perception. We're waiting for the person who will help it flower and grow within us; we light up whenever anyone sees it. This may be the thing directly related to the things you are saying here. Not sure, It seems to be in my perception.

If you felt I was trying to swipe at your sacred exchange, I am truly sorry. That was never my intention. I just saw irony, and was charmed by it, and also felt that you were smart enough to see it too. Which you are - but if there was none in your expression, and that was my perception, then I can see why there was a misundersanding.

You're a very beautiful woman, and funny and smart. You've proved that very much. Thank you.

Clare

Kate Bush - "Aerial"

din

Post by din » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:47 pm

Last edited by din on Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

din

Post by din » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:48 pm

Wow!!!

What a thread!!!!

Anybody want popcorn? :lol: